• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

20130304230912-DLC_Hubrecht_zpsd0921210.png

Should have them be guys like in Balrog's SFII stage, and have them make it rain when the round is over.
One dude just contributed $3350

We at $303K
To $350k!
tumblr_m7la1ey8UK1rpbk8co1_500_zpsc15a68f8.gif

Gonna go into an eternal slumber now. G'night GAF...

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
From the Indiegogo announcement page about half a day ago...

We’ve received word from Valve on the Leviathan Team Fortress 2 hat, and have informed us that the Team Fortress 2 team “just doesn’t have the cycles to accommodate the Skullgirls TF2 hat.”

We’re naturally disappointed, and understand that many of you will be, too. Nix’s early model was looking solid, and we were also really excited for the Big Band hat/item concept he was proposing, too.

So how did we get here?

We announced on a recent stream that we intended to make TF2 hats, thinking that didn’t count as 100% confirmation. People were excited and the story took on a life of its own, and we felt it would be hard to go back on that. Given that there were a handful of recent and upcoming releases that featured promotional hats, we took a chance and included it in the campaign. At the time we felt confident that getting approval would not be a problem, but obviously we were wrong.

We haven’t given up – since the PC version and beta are still a few months away, we are currently investigating to see if the Team Fortress 2 team will have an opening in their schedule between now and then to see if we can salvage this.

We’re also simultaneously investigating alternative digital items to replace the Leviathan hat, and hope we’ll be able find something as desirable if not more so. Of course, in the interest of not repeating the same mistake, we won’t discuss what those items are quite yet.

In the event that any or all of these items are approved, they will all be awarded to anyone at the “Backer” ($30) level or higher, regardless of what the Perks said at the time of your order.

So as of now, we can’t guarantee that we’ll be able to honor the TF2 hat or any other in-game digital items. We never had any intention of misleading you, and I regret and take full responsibility for the situation.

If the hat drove your decision to contribute, please feel free to contact support@indiegogo.com to have your contribution refunded.

Sincerely,
Peter Bartholow
CEO
Lab Zero, Inc.

Loona

I would love to see a SamSho style character in Skullgirls, no chains, fierce button does massive damage, etc.

This, so much! And now I hope... :(

Then again, the first SS games were 6-button games trapped in 4-button bodies, where there's a will there's a way...

Beowulf hard slashchair shot...

moozoom

This guy alone would make me buy the game asap, so cute. And he has the potential to be super fun to play. Actually most of the "hidden" characters they are slowly revealing are really fun and interesting...
I found the original Skullgirls cast nicely designed, but the "female-only fighter" concept doesn't appeal to me. (I'm not judging, I used to buy wrestling games just for the hunks in underwear)

If they add more male / bizarre / sharks / whatever fighters, count me in.

Azure J

The Robo Fortune thread on Skullheart is amazing. I'm copy-pasting the quotes that have been brainstormed because they're all way too good.

Some of them are just too good. I want the VA to attempt recreating the "numbers speak" Myouga Unzen from Medaka Box Abnormal pulled off for the binary comments. It'd be even better if they translated to something funny.

Edit: To anyone with the ability to post in this thread, forward these in my name:

(Playing on Maplecrest stage) Robo-Fortune: Greeting citizens of Maplecrest, my paw-wer be upon you! / Warning! Incoming Mane! (both are shoutouts to ReBoot)

I'm packing 8 gigs of 8GDDRowr5 RAM here.

*cringes*

Scores & stuff. The magic number tonight is $308,307, an increase of $11,088 over last night's figure. Credit to Criminal Upper to providing 22.,5% of today's contributions. Note also that none of the figures include the alleged $5k contribution, since there's far too many people jumping in at the Booster level for the non-mega contributions to account for $3.5k.

Next stop: #20 on the All Time Most Funded Indiegogo Project charts, with a mere $10,163 to go.

Ravidrath

Scores & stuff. The magic number tonight is $308,307, an increase of $11,088 over last night's figure. Credit to Criminal Upper to providing 22.,5% of today's contributions. Note also that none of the figures include the alleged $5k contribution, since there's far too many people jumping in at the Booster level for the non-mega contributions to account for $3.5k.

Next stop: #20 on the All Time Most Funded Indiegogo Project charts, with a mere $10,163 to go.

The Archangel from Cellsai was done via upgrade - he contributed $3.5k last night to add to previous contributions.

Goon Boon

Banned
My estimate for the outcome is reaching Big Band, but failing to reach character #3. I hope I'm proven wrong though!

Also I was banking on the hat existing so I could trade the hat for a second copy of the game, but hrm.

Ravidrath

My estimate for the outcome is reaching Big Band, but failing to reach character #3. I hope I'm proven wrong though!

Also I was banking on the hat existing so I could trade the hat for a second copy of the game, but hrm.

We're researching "animation cel" prints, which I think will be pretty popular if we can make them work out.

new thread title, we in there now

thanks cyan
Definitely a gigantic improvement since it mentions Big Band and new tiers. If it isn't too much trouble it'd be nice if Guardian could edit the OP to add Big Band and some of his info.

Things seem to be on the up and up after the shaky Monday. Hopefully our Divine contributor does his thing later this week.

Definitely a gigantic improvement since it mentions Big Band and new tiers. If it isn't too much trouble it'd be nice if Guardian could edit the OP to add Big Band and some of his info.

Things seem to be on the up and up after the shaky Monday. Hopefully our Divine contributor does his thing later this week.

I was actually worried that someone would get mad that I took Squigs out of the title since she's the campaign's main focus.

If you have something in mind, get it ready, and pm it Guardian, that would probably make updating the OP easier for him.

I was actually worried that someone would get mad that I took Squigs out of the title since she's the campaign's main focus.

If you have something in mind, get it ready, and pm it Guardian, that would probably make updating the OP easier for him.
Mostly copy and paste. Nearly all the important info is already up on the indiegogo page as is. If I could do it for him and rehost Big Band's pic on photobucket I'd do it in a heartbeat instead of sounding like a nag. :p

Mostly copy and paste. Nearly all the important info is already up on the indiegogo page as is. If I could do it for him and rehost Big Band's pic on photobucket I'd do it in a heartbeat instead of sounding like a nag. :p

Hmm, then pm an online mod with the updated post so they can just copy and paste it in.

That's what I did for the title. Since this is basically a news thread they'll probably update it for us.

Hmm, then pm an online mod with the updated post so they can just copy and paste it in.

That's what I did for the title. Since this is basically a news thread they'll probably update it for us.
Guardian works fast.
BTW, I'm pretty excited that I managed to secure a PS.Blog post about this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/03/05/skullgirls-update-free-character-and-stage-thanks-to-fans/

As far as I know, this is the first crowdfunding-related post they've had?
Cool and great choice of characters to show off. I'm sure a lot of folks who frequent the blog have never seen that batch.

How do these crowd-fundinf things go, as far as donation rates? Is there usually a large spike at the end?

Yes - people who have been thinking over their donation want to get it in at the end and there's a sense of urgency for stretch goals.

ATM there is no urgency in regards to Big Band, and people are only just beginning to wonder about 600k.

For the record, if the croudfund holds on to a $10k a day increase for the next 20 days, that will leave 2 days to grab $100-$125k. Which is probably do-able.
Robo-Fortune becomes canon in less than five days. Beep.

We can all start getting hyped up about character voting once BB is funded, which is looking like, what, next Wednesday?

Malajax

Should have them be guys like in Balrog's SFII stage, and have them make it rain when the round is over.

Have them scrounging around, picking up money during the match, then when the match is over they make it rain. Repeat. I think it makes for a good repeating cycle.

Well, sounds like it was a good call to start the Indiegogo when it did, because it looks like Torment ToN is sucking up all of the crowdfunded money today.

I think I've settled on the cell I would like if they're offered - one of Ms Fortune's wiffed grab frames where she splats her face on the floor! :p

I don't have too much money to burn though. :\

EDIT: Another Angel has been bought!

joe2187

Banned
2 Angels and there's a slight chance someone is upgrading their donations Divinity later.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the next character reveal later today.

Top Bottom