• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 will have Ray tracing in 30fps, 40fps, and 60fps

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Good thing then that there's no mandate on PC that such a thing needs to be the case.

No, of course not. But it's a huge emerging market. They'll probably have a different studio try and tackle a non RT solution for that install-base. Like Nixxess.

-

On topic. 40hz with all the bells and whistles for me.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
And right on cue....some ppl are questioning if the game would look better if it was 30 fps only.

What do you want....pick a side.

I'm always on the side of 60fps. Have to admit, I'm a bit nervous about RT on all the time. I mean.....if anyone can do that then it is Insomniac. But memories of Jedi Survivor are still fresh.

I'll shut up. I believe, Insomniac!

solidus12

DZQ0xhG.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Insomniac are so much better at this than everyone else for some reason.

Wish I had a TV capable of 120hz/40fps...

Last edited:
this dude is an unabashedly shameless bleed green, shill, and fanboy... but the fact that he sticks with it and none of this past stuff really bothers him its pretty remarkable. I kinda give him credit for that, I personally wouldn't be able to do it. It's like that mentality you need to have as a QB after you throw an INT, brush it off your shoulders and keep throwing, we gotta win the game... of course in a much much less cooler sense and way more lame lol

OT: That's pretty impressive, but I wonder at what quality and what kind of RT.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
this dude is an unabashedly shameless bleed green, shill, and fanboy... but the fact that he sticks with it and none of this past stuff really bothers him its pretty remarkable. I kinda give him credit for that, I personally wouldn't be able to do it. It's like that mentality you need to have as a QB after you throw an INT, brush it off your shoulders and keep throwing, we gotta win the game... of course in a much much less cooler sense and way more lame lol

OT: That's pretty impressive, but I wonder at what quality and what kind of RT.
It's almost like he's monetized to do so. Easy to stick to it in that case. An act.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, of course not. But it's a huge emerging market. They'll probably have a different studio try and tackle a non RT solution for that install-base. Like Nixxess.

-

There is more than likely a non-RT mode as well.

GHG

Gold Member

-

Not necessarily. The latest version of Metro Exodus didn't have a non-RT solution and the game hasn't suffered for it.

As always there comes a point where it's time to look forwards.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
No uncapped mode :( 60fps will be fine, but I'd like to be able to crank up sensitivity without getting dizzy.

GHG

Gold Member
"Will somebody think of the Steamdeck" is now the new concern™

These narratives™ are ever shifty, you see.

It's ironic because an infamous game just released with little to no regard for the steam deck and needs lower than low spec mods to run well on the system.

Didn't hear about this "concern" in that case.

ClosBSAS

as much as i hate the spiderman games cause i just dont think they are good, insomniac are wizards. if they can do this with an insanely big open world and city then theres no excuse for other developers to have such shitty performance.

Nvzman

I look forward to Digital Foundry knit picking these modes as much as possible right after telling everyone how Starfield's 30fps and lack of ray tracing is perfectly fine and expected.
Insomniac is actually good at optimizing their games because of their engine being flexible, Bethesda's engine is ancient and as a result sucks massively at optimization, all things considered the Series X pulling off 30fps locked at 1440p native is impressive given my 4080 runs at like 70-90fps at the same res on high settings.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

And Alex kept the FUD going even after the Cerny video. Wasn't until they launched, when they STFU.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Given what we've seen of games this gen with 60fps, my expectation is lows of 720p or less with dynamic resolution and a stuttery mess. This gen has been pretty awful for visual consistency. Jedi Survivor took it back 20 years and dropped sub-HD to 648p lows while dropping from 60 > 30fps on PS5.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
There should be NO modes differentiating in graphical fidelity.
Resoluton and fps? sure.
But I hope there is no RTless mode. I dont want to choose like that.

30fps mode in SM remastered is shit though. Really really laggy compared to some better 30fps games
A better game to use as a guide might be Rift Apart. Or even Miles.

30fps was smoother in Rift Apart vs Miles PS5 version. Rift Apart was PS5 only.

Last edited:

SilentUser

I finally got excited about the game after yesterday's SoP. And this is just the icing on the cake, these guys are the most talented (imo) on console space this gen.

From Insomniac’s community and marketing director:
KEpB2CS.jpg

Link to the interview:
Fidelity, Fidelity+(Vrr), Perf RT. I mean, it was a given that they'd follow in the footsteps of the last one & Miles with the graphics mode selection.

StueyDuck

Banned
It will be nice to play a game this year that works. I hope there isn't any weird issues like that had with miles launch and the game shutting down consoles

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
RT in all modes?? Jesus Christ. Insomniac pushing the industry to round the corner on RT being standard instead of an option. Making an even stronger case to consider them Sony's best studio. Absolutely among the best in the industry.

Top Bottom