• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

As much as I'd like to talk about and discuss it, I won't. It would be a discourtesy to the devs who want most fans to experience it for themselves at launch.

Spoiler number 2:
The prometheans are a blast to fight.

Brutes.

Are there Brutes?
No Chopper must mean no, but I need to know now, let myself down easy.

Sai-kun

Banned
As much as I'd like to talk about and discuss it, I won't. It would be a discourtesy to the devs who want most fans to experience it for themselves at launch.

Spoiler number 2:

this is the weirdest fucking thread on gaf lmao

i'm not buying this damn game. i just wanna know what happens.

AFAIK press are not allowed to discuss their final thoughts on the game until the review embargo is up on the 26th.

I'd assume that goes for message boards as well?

Is sikamika a press person? then that's fine i guess. otherwise...wut u doin son

AFAIK press are not allowed to discuss their final thoughts on the game until the review embargo is up on the 26th.

That and the vigilante Microsoft warriors who will point out the leaker's GT for "the right people".
I was joking when we were talking about these kind of people, but lo and behold, we've got people who don't want to do a "discourtesy to the devs."

Spoiler number 2:
If you don't want to talk about or discuss it, then why even come in and post in this thread? Good Lord.

Lakitu

st5fu

Spoiler number 2:

Are you allowed to say if there are any big vehicle missions like The Ark from Halo 3?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

Yes, Microsoft asked everyone on NeoGAF to not talk about Halo 5 until a pre-determined date, and we were all happy to oblige.

super6646

Banned
I just accidentally found out
MC kills locke at the end. FUCK!

Well I tried not to get the ending spoiled. But I went onto that video, and the @sshole just said it! WHY? WHY!

KiraXD

Id hate to start a new thread asking this but can anyone sell me on this game.

As someone who actually hates Halo games... (i havent even gotten past the first level of Halo 3 which i got for free with XBLGWG...) Halo 5 looks rad as hell, but i dont know ANY halo lore, and the Halo games ive played (3 and an ODST demo... ) ive not liked at all. Im not a fan of FPS games... but if you want to get an idea of FPS i do REALLY like... Killzone 2 and 3 were my favorite.

i just got an XB1 (will be getting it in a few weeks in the mail) mainly for games like Scalebound and Quantum Break...

But would anyone recommend jumping into Halo with Guardians?

super6646

Banned
There is no need to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread.

Now if this is true, I want to know more about how Locke is killed. Moar deets plz.

I just heard it from a youtube comment. I cant say if its true or not. I hope it isn't... but here is what he said (it'll be in spoil tags in case people don't want to know):
locke dies, master chief shoots him when locke tries shutdown a relay becon, then it's too be continued. The endings leaked few days ago and I just seen it. awsome ending and can't wait to play up to that point and see how it all gets to there. They don't really talk about the becon or what it's signaling but chief wants the signal sent. Can't wait to see who the signal is for. So Fricken excited :)

Edit: I just realized I'm the biggest retard ever. But HOLY SHIT IT ISN'T SPOILED!

super6646

Banned
Id hate to start a new thread asking this but can anyone sell me on this game.

As someone who actually hates Halo games... (i havent even gotten past the first level of Halo 3 which i got for free with XBLGWG...) Halo 5 looks rad as hell, but i dont know ANY halo lore, and the Halo games ive played (3 and an ODST demo... ) ive not liked at all. Im not a fan of FPS games... but if you want to get an idea of FPS i do REALLY like... Killzone 2 and 3 were my favorite.

i just got an XB1 (will be getting it in a few weeks in the mail) mainly for games like Scalebound and Quantum Break...

But would anyone recommend jumping into Halo with Guardians?

You should get the MCC if you want to understand the story. You can find it for as low as 40$ these days, so its a good buy. But either way, I had some trouble with Halo 3's story, mostly because I didn't pay attention to it...

Ishan

Bring on the spoilers not a halo fan (ps gamer plus PC for fps cause mouse > * ) but hunt the truth really got me interested in the story !

greenleafcm

Neo Member
But why introduce Locke and his team if he gets killed in his first game?
That's why I'm willing to bet the person who left the comment was trolling. Also of course they don't say anything about the other characters, which is pretty suspect. I've been combing the internet for ending leaks and I can't find anything. If this was legit it would be findable.

There is no need to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread.

Now if this is true, I want to know more about how Locke is killed. Moar deets plz.

Well apparently this is the "baby's first spoiler thread" thread so...

I dunno, someone remind me, were spoiler tags used excessively in the MGSV spoiler thread when the big twist leaked?

super6646

Banned
Well apparently this is the "baby's first spoiler thread" thread so...

I dunno, someone remind me, were spoiler tags used excessively in the MGSV spoiler thread when the big twist leaked?

I was already banned on ******** after kess than a year. I'm more than willing to put spoiler tags just to be safe...

KiraXD

You should get the MCC if you want to understand the story. You can find it for as low as 40$ these days, so its a good buy. But either way, I had some trouble with Halo 3's story, mostly because I didn't pay attention to it...

you recommend youtubing longplay/storyplays? like i said... no way id play through 1-3 i just dont like it. id consider 4 maybe... but everything ive seen in 5 looks like its a bit different. (ADS is something i like in my FPS)

like i said.. not a huge fan of FPSes Hate CoD, Hate battlefield, love killzone...

you recommend youtubing longplay/storyplays? like i said... no way id play through 1-3 i just dont like it. id consider 4 maybe... but everything ive seen in 5 looks like its a bit different. (ADS is something i like in my FPS)

like i said.. not a huge fan of FPSes Hate CoD, Hate battlefield, love killzone...

Halo isn't too different from other FPS's, adding ADS kind of makes it more similar actually, at the core the gameplay still looks like Halo with some new bells and whistles, so if you don't like Halo it might not be for you. But if you're really intent on learning the story yeah just watch plays on youtube, its not that complicated outside of things that happen in the extended universe which is an entirely other issue.

Top Bottom