• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix, please fix World of Final Fantasy on the Playstation 4 Pro.

I'm just stating the realities of the business. Whoever made the final call felt that the patch was fine to put out as it was, as well as whoever felt it was acceptable on the the Sony cert side.

Well I mean, yeah, the patch wouldn't have dropped if that wasn't the case. But that doesn't really make it okay, and I think it's fair to question how such a glaringly detrimental bug was allowed to ship in a patch supposed to enhance a game's graphics.

To me it seems as though Sony likely rushed the patch through the door just to say "WoFF is another game with PS4 Pro support at launch". As you say, such is the state of business.

They tested it and people that get paid the big bucks thought it was okay.

Lets be clear, nobody thought this patch was ok because it affects every pro system, its not something that could have been missed, and even if it was, they obviously would have known about it by now. Theres no excuse for the silence, even if they couldnt fix it they should at least take the patch off of psn.

This is not ok, theres no excuse for this. Nobody was knocking down doors for a World of FF pro patch, there was no reason to release it if it wasnt ready, and theres no excuse for the radio silence and the patch is STILL on psn

HeeHo

This has literally stopped me from playing this game. I don't want to delete the game, and pause the dang download. What if I wanted to play online? I don't but that's not the point.

WoFF wasn't going to be my premiere Pro experience but I was still looking forward to seeing what it looked like.

Shame, I really liked this game but with XV coming out so soon, I don't think I'll be able to finish it by the time they release a patch.

Yarbskoo

Sony really needs to implement a "play in original PS4 mode" function at the OS level. It's absolutely ludicrous that the original hardware has advantages over the more expensive model in some cases.

Ichisuke

Neo Member
Sony really needs to implement a "play in original PS4 mode" function at the OS level. It's absolutely ludicrous that the original hardware has advantages over the more expensive model in some cases.

They could just give you the option of removing the patches from the games....

Yarbskoo

Been hearing lots of negative stuff about pro lately. Makes me think I should just keep my existing ps4.

As someone who doesn't have a PS4 but wants to get one in the near future, these issues are making me reconsider whether getting a Pro instead of the Slim would be a good idea, especially since I'll be playing on a 1080p screen for a while.

Rolf NB

Step 1: make "reduce image qualitydepth of field" a controllable setting.
Step 2: default "reduce image quality" to off
Step 3: suddenly be amazed at the excellent artistry now that you see it clearly
Step 4: identify the person responsible for the "reduce image quality" feature integration
Step 5: make an example for the entire games industry, at noon on central market

SOLDIER

Don't the best results usually come from stuff like this becoming a headline on Kotaku?

Maybe if they say something about it, it will be enough to spur SE to act faster.

DJIzana

I've never been a fan of motion blur, personally. Kind of glad I'm still waiting to grab World of FF (I plan to just... likely in the bargain bin or when I finish FFXV or have a lull period).

Deleted the game, re-installed then paused the patch. I thought I was okay. I come back today and the patch has re-installed itself. Fuck this noise. Going to wait until they fix things before I play the game again. Absolutely absurd.

Ray Down

Banned
Deleted the game, re-installed then paused the patch. I thought I was okay. I come back today and the patch has re-installed itself. Fuck this noise. Going to wait until they fix things before I play the game again. Absolutely absurd.
Maybe they will patch it with the Sora DLC.

Been hearing lots of negative stuff about pro lately. Makes me think I should just keep my existing ps4.

As someone who doesn't have a PS4 but wants to get one in the near future, these issues are making me reconsider whether getting a Pro instead of the Slim would be a good idea, especially since I'll be playing on a 1080p screen for a while.

You can count stuff like this on one hand, it's just that negative headlines are a hell of a lot easier to write than positive ones. Square Enix absolutely fucked up with WoFF (and Deus Ex MD) but the Pro is still a pretty great upgrade (whether you have a 1080p or 4K TV).

Lucreto

Turn off the automatic updates until it's patched. Don't leave the console in rest mode or just disconnect from the Internet.

It's a pain I know but that's what I am doing. I only have another weekend to play this until Final Fantasy XV will take up all my time.

Izuna

Banned
raw

Sony needs to crack down on this shit.

Izuna

Banned

They should do a MS (like they did with Bungie) and step in and sort some of these things out, especially for the bigger games.

I mean, surely Sony and see that a patch is going to make a game look worse on the Pro when they certify it and like, not certify it? It's early days and they should be making sure the Pro upgrades are being handled properly.

Mr Swine

Banned
They should do a MS (like they did with Bungie) and step in and sort some of these things out, especially for the bigger games.

I mean, surely Sony and see that a patch is going to make a game look worse on the Pro when they certify it and like, not certify it? It's early days and they should be making sure the Pro upgrades are being handled properly.

Well sadly it looks like Sony doesn't care about that since they know people are going to buy Pro's and I guess that WoFF isn't a big budget game :/

Syntsui

Sorry to be blunt but the certification has nothing to do with the beauty of the game and Sony has absolutely nothing to do with this project, they are not responsible for it.

Having it as an exclusive don't make them accountable to what happens with it. Would it be a smart move for them to pressure Squenix to fix the game they paid for the exclusivity? I don't know, this won't sell many more copies in the long run and there's only costs involved in fixing this problem.

Rationally, they have zero fucks to give.

Freeman76

Well I mean, yeah, the patch wouldn't have dropped if that wasn't the case. But that doesn't really make it okay, and I think it's fair to question how such a glaringly detrimental bug was allowed to ship in a patch supposed to enhance a game's graphics.

To me it seems as though Sony likely rushed the patch through the door just to say "WoFF is another game with PS4 Pro support at launch". As you say, such is the state of business.

Rightly so it is impacting on their image in a negative way. What with this, Skyrim, Deus Ex all performing worse than on OGPS4 its not good.

If Sony isnt going to mandate any type of parity with the PS4 version then they should at least give us the option to play the game in PS4 mode.

Sorry to be blunt but the certification has nothing to do with the beauty of the game and Sony has absolutely nothing to do with this project, they are not responsible for it.

Having it as an exclusive don't make them accountable to what happens with it. Would it be a smart move for them to pressure Squenix to fix the game they paid for the exclusivity? I don't know, this won't sell many more copies in the long run and there's only costs involved in fixing this problem.

While I can understand your overall point, you seriously think Sony paid for WoFF exclusivity?

Izuna

Banned

I'm sure, yeah. But they really should be caring. It gives the impression that there's nothing to guarantee that the Pro patches are even working properly. For their first-parties, it's quite good though.

Soooooooooooonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !

shakingfist.gif

.. wait, why are we blaming Sony for this ?

They could have prevented this type of scenario by either mandating parity or giving us the option to play the game in PS4 mode, they did neither.

Obviously its primarily the game makers fault, but Sony isnt blameless here either.

Yarbskoo

You can count stuff like this on one hand, it's just that negative headlines are a hell of a lot easier to write than positive ones. Square Enix absolutely fucked up with WoFF (and Deus Ex MD) but the Pro is still a pretty great upgrade (whether you have a 1080p or 4K TV).

The thing is, there are very few games I actually want to play on the thing, and out of those, Uncharted 4 is pretty much the only one that's a straight update. The rest either have performance issues, like The Last of Us, or no improvement at all, like Bloodborne or the Uncharted remasters. Sure there's a good chance upcoming games will fare better, but that's not something I'm willing to bet real money on at this point, and I'm still hoping some of those, like RDR2, will hit PC eventually.

AkumaNiko

Step 1: make "reduce image qualitydepth of field" a controllable setting.
Step 2: default "reduce image quality" to off
Step 3: suddenly be amazed at the excellent artistry now that you see it clearly
Step 4: identify the person responsible for the "reduce image quality" feature integration
Step 5: make an example for the entire games industry, at noon on central market

im assuming this is sarcasm and you cannot actually do this

basefree

Thankfully, I've had other games to play whilst I ignore this in it's broken state, but has SE even acknowledged the problem yet, or is this just going to go unfixed forever?

DryvBy

What a shock that these systems wouldn't be as simple as upgrading a PC. I thought this game was extremely blurry recently too.

Not going to start this until I hear about a patch to fix the issue. I've been dealing with the framerate in DQB being jittery since I got my Pro and I've just been dealing with it since I'm in the last chapter.

I can't wait until early next year when most games are releasing with Pro support right out of the gate so the base modes can get properly tested.

Top Bottom