• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix, please fix World of Final Fantasy on the Playstation 4 Pro.

SE never fixed a bug in Dragon Quest Builders that introduced microstutter in the localized version, which wasn't there in JP

Good luck

Ahh that must be what I'm noticing in mine. Damn. :/

It only happens while you're holding items that you can use with the square button like medicine or building blocks.

Try running around or pan the camera with one and then switch to an empty item slot with the dpad and you'll notice the difference. So it can be avoided, but there's really no excuse for it.

It's not a Pro exclusive glitch though, it happens to everyone.

Arkeband

Banned
I got through DQB with that microstutter and it wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be, the game is smooth the vast majority of the time.

However, smearing vaseline all over the screen in WoFF is truly no bueno.

It only happens while you're holding items that you can use with the square button like medicine or building blocks.

Try running around or pan the camera with one and then switch to an empty item slot with the dpad and you'll notice the difference. So it can be avoided, but there's really no excuse for it.

It's not a Pro exclusive glitch though, it happens to everyone.

Ahh, in that case that's not what I'm noticing. Mine micro stutters constantly. Used to be silky smooth 60fps on my normal PS4 and once I got my Pro the frame rate is suddenly noticeably stuttery.

I'm not a science man though so I can't give any kind of estimate of the frame rate but it's likely close enough to 60 that you can tell it's not hitting it.

I guess I've been playing it so much that my eyes have just adapted to it.
I adapted to it as well, but I lost a chunk of respect I had for SE. Localization bugs like this should be fixed, period.

It seems like SE tries to spend as little as possible on everything that isn't FFXV. Well see how that works for them

Ahh, in that case that's not what I'm noticing. Mine micro stutters constantly. Used to be silky smooth 60fps on my normal PS4 and once I got my Pro the frame rate is suddenly noticeably stuttery.

I'm not a science man though so I can't give any kind of estimate of the frame rate but it's likely close enough to 60 that you can tell it's not hitting it.

That's funny. I'm playing this right now on Pro and it isn't any different.

But yeah SE needs to get on this fix for WoFF like yesterday..

Rolf NB

im assuming this is sarcasm and you cannot actually do this
They released a Vita version without DOF, so it seems possible to release a game without that kind of shit.
Options? I don't know. Would need to research if games with graphics options exist, brb.

Ichisuke

Neo Member
Dear Daniele,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We thank you for your interest in World of Final Fantasy.

We are aware of the issue and our developers are already working on it. Please keep an eye on the official wesbite for any future announcements.

We hope this answers your query, please contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

Hope it's real....

Strings

Hallelujah!

It's still laughable they've gone over a week without publicly addressing this - let alone fixing it - but at least I can look forward to finishing the game someday now.

orochi91

Dear Daniele,

We are aware of the issue and our developers are already working on it. Please keep an eye on the official wesbite for any future announcements.

We hope this answers your query, please contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.

Hope it's real....

Thank god.

Guymelef

Dear Daniele,

Kind regards,

Hope it's real....

Finally!!! I was waiting for this to start the game.

Dear Daniele,

Kind regards,

Hope it's real....

Awesome, hopefully it's fixed soon. Hoping to finish this before 15 comes out.

black070

Dear Daniele,

Kind regards,

Hope it's real....

The day the patch releases is the day I pick this up.

Sillverrr

I have a PS4 Pro on the way (yes, I am weak), but I also have this game. I bloody well hope they patch it to its full potential, because otherwise that's a disgrace. I don't care how niche this game is - as paying customers we deserve proper treatment, and a fully working product. Otherwise the game is not fit for purpose and I basically want a refund.

jackft

Neo Member
Too bad Final Fantasy XV launches next week.
I won't play WOFF until I finish FF XV, so maybe after 80 hours of gameplay.

Dear Daniele,

Kind regards,

Hope it's real....

Good thinking with the email. Glad they finally said something.

glaurung

Has this been fixed yet? I don't keep an eye on my patches etc and this hasn't really been picked up by other websites =/
Not yet.

Started playing on the weekend and the cutscenes all look real bad on the Pro. Battle scenes are fine, but certain camera angles blur everything.

Teletraan1

Banned
Kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger on a PRO. It has come in kinda half baked at this point. Some of these patches are lol. Hope they get their shit together on this device.

burgerdog

Kind of glad I didn't pull the trigger on a PRO. It has come in kinda half baked at this point. Some of these patches are lol. Hope they get their shit together on this device.

There's two broken patches out of 20+ games, I'll gladly take the hit if it means I get to enjoy my other games with vastly improved IQ.

Kouriozan

Hallelujah!

It's still laughable they've gone over a week without publicly addressing this - let alone fixing it - but at least I can look forward to finishing the game someday now.

If you were there for the Final Fantasy X/X-2 RNG and music bug on PS4, you would know better about Square Enix fixing their game :lol
Has this been fixed yet? I don't keep an eye on my patches etc and this hasn't really been picked up by other websites =/

See my comment, this situation is so akin to FF X/X-2 it's almost funny.
Almost no site talk about it, Square Enix acknowledge the bug but stay silent for months and months, then one day, the fix patch is here!

Kudo

Can't play the game thanks to this feature, thank you Square Enix.
Cutscenes are a blurry mess at best, they're unwatchable, just how the hell does something like this get past QC or does SE not test their patches?

chiliboy

this still hasnt been commented on or patched? :O

Based on the screens Ive seen it really looks terrible with the latest patch on 1080p :/

Guys this is Square Enix. There is a high chance they never patch it and if they do patch it, it will be randomly months from now (maybe even years).

Guys this is Square Enix. There is a high chance they never patch it and if they do patch it, it will be randomly months from now (maybe even years).

Feels like it took like half a year for them to fix FFX/X-2's RNG problems on the PS4 release. I wouldn't expect this to arrive in a timely manner.

LAA

Still not fixed :'(
Well we at least know it's getting patch possibly later (to include Sora KH3D, if it's actually not in already), so hopefully will be put back in.
Personally for me for now have FFXV post game stuff keeping me busy and other games so can wait, but would be a massive shame if it's like this forever.

chiliboy

Still not fixed :'(
Well we at least know it's getting patch possibly later (to include Sora KH3D, if it's actually not in already), so hopefully will be put back in.
Personally for me for now have FFXV post game stuff keeping me busy and other games so can wait, but would be a massive shame if it's like this forever.

Yeah I'll wait to get it until it's fixed or suuuper cheap. I didnt buy a PS4 pro to then buy an expensive bugged game that looks horrible :S
Fingers crossed!

black070

Patch 1.02 confirmed for January 12th. They say it will address the blurry issue using 2K monitors on PS4 Pro.

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/WOFF/special/patch.html
This is for Japan right now. No word on Western date for the patch.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom