• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

jeemer

I almost wish I hadn't played the beta. Despite some niggles it absolutely exceeded my expectations. I had a big battlefront shaped hole in my gaming schedule last night, no idea what I'm gonna play for the next 5 weeks!

JimiNutz

Banned
They should of kept it up forever, could be this generations Wake Island demo.

If you order and pay off a digital copy of the game before release you should get to still play the beta. Would be a real incentive for me to slap down the cash now.
I miss the beta :(

Dr Prob

Banned
With decent flight controls instead of this dumbed down crap.

I ctually like these controls because now I'm a decent pilot unlike in Battlefield ^^

I totally understand wanting to make the flying accessible for everyone, but even keeping that in mind it felt really undercooked in the beta. Didn't even feel remotely like flying at all, not that I've ever actually flown anything of course, nevermind a spaceship, but you know what I mean. Video game flying.

Man instead of falling to the ground and disappearing, I wish Vader/Luke would just do a force jump into the sky or something. It looks so shitty seeing them collapse and just sit there for 10 seconds and just disappear.

prag16

Banned
Maybe there will be Wampas in the Hoth ice caves in Droid Run

Wampas are underutilized in Star Wars games.

site-RANTshadowempire-03.JPG

I woke up this morning and realized what was missing from Hoth: Tauntauns.

Put a few near the Rebel base for them to navigate the landscape a tad faster. That might help the balance issues. Imperials have AT-ATs and AT-STs on the ground... rebels should at least have Tauntauns.

DavidDesu

Missing the beta. I'm excited that this engine runs at 60fps on PS4. Surely that means it's not impossible we could have some form of VR experience out of it. No I know the main game wouldn't work in VR, but imagine flying the ships around the maps... Yeah it would take some scaling back of the graphics, but surely not by much. Imagine it!

One issue I had with the vehicles was not being able to look around the cockpit, more because it made it difficult to see what was happening, where an AT-AT is, without flying directly in its direction. Surely they can alter the control inputs to free up the other analog stick for this purpose...

Put a few near the Rebel base for them to navigate the landscape a tad faster. That might help the balance issues. Imperials have AT-ATs and AT-STs on the ground... rebels should at least have Tauntauns.

Never thought about it, but you are completely right !

Would be awesome to have too for the complete hoth experience :p

Starviper

Duuuuude

sjay1994

Probably going to be an unpopular opinion... but I really wish there was some prequel planets in this game.

Despite a lot of things the prequels does wrong, and the overuse of CG, those planets are far more interesting to explore in a game, imo than planets that were created using on site filming and practical effects.

For example Cato Nemodia, Kamino, Courascant and even Naboo all have interesting architecture and environmental features

Opposed to the original + Force awakened planets which are essentially Hoth, Tatooine and Endor, plus sullust and later Jakku.

Hoth Endor and Tatooine are essentially just snow, forrest and desert maps. Sullust is probably the most interesting in the base game, and Jakku could practically be indistinguishable from Tatooine if it wasn't for that star destroyer.

In a film, over use of CGI is bad sure, but in a video game those fantastical worlds are ideal.

Now that the beta is over I really miss it.

Tried to play battlefield 4 and just couldn't.

Battlefronts arcade like feel and format makes this the perfect Shooting game for me. The pick up and go nature of the game is its biggest strength.

I feel the same way. Hoping to play with some of you once it gets released!!

majik13

Probably going to be an unpopular opinion... but I really wish there was some prequel planets in this game.

Despite a lot of things the prequels does wrong, and the overuse of CG, those planets are far more interesting to explore in a game, imo than planets that were created using on site filming and practical effects.

For example Cato Nemodia, Kamino, Courascant and even Naboo all have interesting architecture and environmental features

Opposed to the original + Force awakened planets which are essentially Hoth, Tatooine and Endor, plus sullust and later Jakku.

Hoth Endor and Tatooine are essentially just snow, forrest and desert maps. Sullust is probably the most interesting in the base game, and Jakku could practically be indistinguishable from Tatooine if it wasn't for that star destroyer.

In a film, over use of CGI is bad sure, but in a video game those fantastical worlds are ideal.

Im 70% sure that at least 1 of the expansions will be from the prequels.

Dineren

Banned
For those of you playing the PC beta how bad was the cheating and how well does DICE usually police it? I don't play many fps games online (aside from Destiny), but my only Walker Assault game on PC had two people seeming to use aimbots and several kicked by fairplay (though the two with aimbots were there the whole match). I mainly played on PS4 during the beta, but the PC version looked incredible and is really tempting me if cheating doesn't turn into a big issue. Thanks!

HariKari

For those of you playing the PC beta how bad was the cheating and how well does DICE usually police it? I don't play many fps games online (aside from Destiny), but my only Walker Assault game on PC had two people seeming to use aimbots and several kicked by fairplay (though the two with aimbots were there the whole match). I mainly played on PS4 during the beta, but the PC version looked incredible and is really tempting me if cheating doesn't turn into a big issue. Thanks!

The Fairfight messages are global. It does a pretty good job. I doubt you ran into actual aimbotters.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I spoke to a co-worker of mine and he said the alpha aimbots were still working and undetected.

But the places where to get those are surely not unknown to DICE and they probably have that leak plugged by launch.

MUnited83

For you.
The Fairfight messages are global. It does a pretty good job. I doubt you ran into actual aimbotters.

I had a game were there was a guy using a aimbot and was never banned. Guy ended up with like 250 kills/0 deaths and would shoot me across the map with the machine gun in one shot.

Magilla

Banned
I had a game were there was a guy using a aimbot and was never banned. Guy ended up with like 250 kills/0 deaths and would shoot me across the map with the machine gun in one shot.

Same here. Dude with 150 kills and 1-2 deaths. Sniping people across the map with the blaster. So frustrating.

Dineren

Banned
They might have just been really good, but I have my doubts. He would always kill me in one hit with a blaster from a pretty good range and always got several of my teammates as well in a few seconds. He ended the match with something like 130 kills and only a few deaths. The other guy I wasn't as confident about, he always killed me in one shot, but not as often. My main reason to suspect them both was at the end of the match I checked the profile of the one who got me the most and his only friend was the other guy I had thought might be cheating.

I'm not a great player so I won't deny it's possible that he was just that much better than me and the others on my team, but it seems unlikely.

Digby

Neo Member
I spoke to a co-worker of mine and he said the alpha aimbots were still working and undetected.

But the places where to get those are surely not unknown to DICE and they probably have that leak plugged by launch.

If your co-worker was using them, you should punch him in the dick.

I came in this thread to see if cheating was as widespread as i feared it was. I ran into a bit of it too. They'd better have a handle on it for an online only game. I'm tempted to just say screw it and buy it on the PS4.

MUnited83

For you.
If your co-worker was using them, you should punch him in the dick.

I came in this thread to see if cheating was as widespread as i feared it was. I ran into a bit of it too. They'd better have a handle on it for an online only game. I'm tempted to just say screw it and buy it on the PS4.

I only encountered one (or at least only one that was obvious) and I played like 40/50 matches. Considering it was a free beta and people can just make a new origin account in two minutes, it isn't so bad. Hopefully the pricetag hinders them on the full game and DICE renders those hacks unusable before it launches.

jeemer

For those of you playing the PC beta how bad was the cheating?

I played ~28 hours of the beta. I'm certain I didn't see any in my own games (although I did see one on a youtube video)

The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was that I did see an imperial who seemed to have shot me while he had a personal shield up, and it didn't look like the shield went down in the normal time. May have just been a glitch though.

I've just preordered the ultimate edition on origin using a mexican proxy and I paid using paypal. Never done this before, so can anyone confirm if I get billed now or on release? Also if I look at my origin account it still has the product details in spanish and release date as coming soon - that's all normal right? :)

Top Bottom