• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

3AM

Banned
I didn't know this was coming out. Fuck yeah! Hyped. Between rainbow beta and cod beta and now battlefront i Will have played all the big shooters before release. Sure makes choosing to buy easy. Hope this game isn't too arcade or easy.

You will not, neither will I.

image.php

Ha! And PSN will be hammered that day jheez.

Plasmid

Can't wait. This game is beyond hyped for me. Hopefully the beta plays strong and not too many sever issues.

chaosaeon

Does anyone know if you'll need PS+ to play the beta? The Black Ops 3 and Rainbow Six betas don't need plus for you to play so I'm wondering if this will. Don't have plus atm but really want to play this.

Good OP btw.

I'm in the same boat. Would like to know as well.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm in the same boat. Would like to know as well.

I would just assume it is. Seen as how it's a beta maybe you could just create a new account and get another PS Plus trial, your progress won't carry over to the full game anyway.

SaganIsGOAT

Even though there is no server browser I am glad there is a public beta and I'm happy to try it. Always need to remain optimistic.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Excited to try it. I am not even sure I want or need it, as I already have Halo 5 and possibly BO3 for the holidays. Maybe the beta will change my mind.

So it will just be available to download from the PlayStation store, no need to worry about getting a code from somewhere? That's good.
The Bloops 3 beta was open at the end and was hard to find.

OT's are 24 hours before release nowadays. Don't worry it'll be locked and unlocked until then, good work on it.

Which is just ridiculous, on the OT side movies and shows release get official threads weeks before and don't get locked up.

Machina

Banned
I've clocked about an hour in Survival Mode. My best time is 6 min 28 seconds, see if you can beat it. The game is awesome but on PC, I haven't been able to find a single game of assault or pod drop

//ARCANUM

Does anyone know if the beta on XB1 acts the same way as the gears of war beta did in regards to game sharing with a friend?

What I mean is- I got a gears beta code, redeemed it and then had no option to download it. Just wasn't in my library. It DID show up in my friend's library (his console is set to my home console for sharing). I was not able to download it until he had. Really strange as it doesn't act this way on ANYTHING else on XB1.

I'm not home right now so I can't see if I can download it (I redeemed my code online) and he's not responding to texts. (He works nights). I'm gonna be super bummed if I can't play tonight. :(

The game is so good.

Very arcadey but I like that a lot.

The gunplay seemed well balanced to me, especially seeing the range of lasers. However, turrets were pretty annoying.

Vehicle balance really depends on team mates, so I'll give a couple of days before giving any opinion on that. At the moment they seem very over powered to me.

Sound and music were excellent through out.

It still suffered from battlefield getting stuck in scenery syndrome.

Graphics on the X1 are a lot less blurry than BF4, the performance was surprisingly good and stable.

And that damn sniper is also really fun to use.

Machina

Banned
Judging by just the survival mode alone, the game is very polished which is a pleasant change coming from EA.

The game is so good.

Very arcadey but I like that a lot.

The gunplay seemed well balanced to me, especially seeing the range of lasers. However, turrets were pretty annoying.

Vehicle balance really depends on team mates, so I'll give a couple of days before giving any opinion on that. At the moment they seem very over powered to me.

Sound and music were excellent through out.

It still suffered from battlefield getting stuck in scenery syndrome.

Graphics on the X1 are a lot less blurry than BF4, the performance was surprisingly good and stable.

And that damn sniper is also really fun to use.

Sadly we couldnt play together :( Damn you NXOE :D

Btw is that Beta appearing as "Xbox One Home" normal? Shouldnt it appear with the full name?

Hagi

I drove a snowspeeder, it was cool

the game is super fun! unless it explodes my PS4 before Sunday I'll definitely be picking it up day 1.

bombshell

We're back. This game is super fun.

I wish the co-op missions weren't so limited in the beta. I want to play more of them.

Only 1 co-op mission on 1 map is available and only on normal difficulty and it ends after 6/15 waves :(

I will live vicariously through this thread until Thursday night—when the servers will be hammered and I'll be watching a progress bar slowing fill instead of playing.

Machina

Banned

I wish the co-op missions weren't so limited in the beta. I want to play more of them.

Only 1 mission on 1 map is available and only on normal difficulty and it ends after 6/15 waves :(

They have to keep some surprises for the final game

cresto

Pretty sure OT's for betas work the same way as they do for regular games. ie, they don't go up until the game is out/the beta starts.

Who gives a shit? It's just a place to chat about the game now that content is coming out from practically everywhere.

I am pretty stoked to try this out. I need a less serious FPS and a good break from CSGO would be mighty helpful

Hagi

Only 1 co-op mission on 1 map is available and only on normal difficulty and it ends after 6/15 waves :(

Can't wait to see what 15 is, even on normal I expect some bullshit

One annoyance is not being able to go prone. Would be useful.

fuck no this is a great thing especially with the sniper rifle

Huh some positivity for this game after the barrage of negativity? I feel a tremor in the force.

hyped for the beta

Machina

Banned
Yeah this is definitely one of those "just play it" things. This is in beta and already feels infinitely better than BF4 does even today.

More impressions please!

Very eager to FINALLY have a MP shooter for this gen that I can play. It's gonna be this or MG:O, and from the looks of it, Konami isn't going to support that game like I'm sure DICE will

bombshell

They have to keep some surprises for the final game

Yeah, I know :p

But they tease us with 3 other Survival maps on the mission select screen, so they could let us play the whole 15 waves in one... Then there's the other mission modes too ;)

Drop zone is my favorite of the 2 MP modes. Walker Assault is very unbalanced right now, it's impossible to take down the AT-ATs.

Top Bottom