• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

MADGAME

You know what really grew on me?

The UI, it's very unobtrusive.
Wow really? You're the first one to say this. I find it very bland and uninspiring. Did it grow on you or did you always like it?

I saw in the settings you can customize it as well haven't had a chance to try it though so YMMV
If you do, could you post of picture of the different HUD visuals?

Wow really? You're the first one to say this. I find it very bland and uninspiring. Did it grow on you or did you always like it?

Never really thought much of it.

And in the game, it fades into the background. So that's why I like it.

You're speaking to a person that only keeps minimap and crosshairs as the only UI elements in BF4.

sn00zer

nope free for everyone on Thursday just download the client

Nope, it's completely open!

Ugh man, I'm sorry. :(

Not come Thursday, then it's open for everyone.

tumblr_ncbq6tK3fM1rm3yg0o1_r1_500.gif

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I imagine that we can't post gameplay footage or livestream, am i right?

Hagi

Yeah, I re-worded my post. The one I replied to was talking about different visuals, which isn't available.

Yeah I never really thought about visuals when I said it. Thanks for clarifying for me though.

I imagine that we can't post gameplay footage or livestream, am i right?

sure you can loads of people are streaming and taking screens not sure if you can upload through the consoles though that might be disabled

If you do, could you post of picture of the different HUD visuals?

The UI is stunning compared to most recent games I've played. Clean, fairly minimal. The font is great.

MADGAME

Yeah sure I might play some later and take some screens, if not I'm sure someone else will.

It's not HUD customization in that sense, you can disable elements.

Never really thought much of it.

And in the game, it fades into the background. So that's why I like it.

You're speaking to a person that only keeps minimap and crosshairs as the only UI elements in BF4.

The UI is stunning compared to most recent games I've played. Clean, fairly minimal. The font is great.

Thanks, maybe it will grow on me. For some reason it just doesn't seem to fit in the game, like it isn't very "Star Wars-y" if that makes sense. Maybe the minimalist approach will help

Meccs

Watching the Twitch streams now. Graphics look great but the HUD... OMG who designed this? Framerate inside is awful on the Xbox One. Gameplay looks like the typical BF, kinda underwhelming. Will be interesting to play it, hopefully tomorrow... if the servers can keep up.

Watching the Twitch streams now. Graphics look great but the HUD... OMG who designed this? Framerate inside is awful on the Xbox One. Gameplay looks like the typical BF, kinda underwhelming. Will be interesting to play it, hopefully tomorrow... if the servers can keep up.

I've been complaining about this since we first had gameplay footage. It takes up too much space and is incredibly unattractive.

Hagi

Thanks, maybe it will grow on me. For some reason it just doesn't seem to fit in the game, like it isn't very "Star Wars-y" if that makes sense. Maybe the minimalist approach will help

It does look weird but in my 10 games so far it's super unobtrusive which is cool because there's so much shit flying around you.

Which brings me to explosions! how awesome are the explosions in this

I've been complaining about this since we first had gameplay footage. It takes up too much space and is incredibly unattractive.

Honestly you barely even notice it when actually playing the game, i kinda forgot what the hud even looks like lol

It does look weird but in my 10 games so far it's super unobtrusive which is cool because there's so much shit flying around you.

Which brings me to explosions! how awesome are the explosions in this

SO SO GOOD, the effects in the game are fantastic

Redmoon

Played a couple rounds on Drop zone. Need to get used to the shooting and leading tho :p So far its fun.

All settings maxed with TAA and 200% Resolution scale running at 1080p my 3 Titan X's are keeping this solid at 92fps. Bit of lag at the start but that's just due to load in. Haven't experienced any "rubberbaning" yet either.

Quick and terrible screen: (I think the small Aliasing goes away with movement)

Venom Fox

Banned
Played a couple rounds on Drop zone. Need to get used to the shooting and leading tho :p So far its fun.

All settings maxed with TAA and 200% Resolution scale running at 1080p my 3 Titan X's are keeping this solid at 92fps. Bit of lag at the start but that's just due to load in. Haven't experienced any "rubberbaning" yet either.

Quick and terrible screen: (I think the small Aliasing goes away with movement)
Damn, it's using the 3 Titan X's pretty evenly. How smooth you fining it?

This game is amazing. The gameplay is simple, but it's so addicting and exhilarating.

Also I have a BattlefrontGAF PS4 community up, search for my PSN (same as here) to join. I did assign it to the US beta as the game, so let me know if that prevents anyone in the EU from joining the community.

This game is amazing. The gameplay is simple, but it's so addicting and exhilarating.

Also I have a BattlefrontGAF PS4 community up, search for my PSN (same as here) to join. I did assign it to the US beta as the game, so let me know if that prevents anyone in the EU from joining the community.
I joined and I'm from the UK so it's not an issue.

Sweet, just joined!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in playing this, but likely I will encounter a "your computer does not meet the requirements" message when trying to run it. Hopefully I can tweak it to work though, but I'm unsure if I can do that within the beta timeframe.

RedAssedApe

Banned
got a japan psn code in the code begging thread. i can still play this with us peeps right or will i get forced into japan servers?

played through a couple of Solo games of Survival on PC...I liked it

I tried a couple different blasters and secondary weapon options to test them out. Getting a turret out of the pods helps a ton because it basically means the wave won't get anywhere near you.

It auto-detected Ultra settings on my PC (16GB RAM, i5-4690K, & R9 290X 4GB). Here's a couple screenshots I took with FRAPS...nothing fancy or anything

zychi

Banned
I'm disappointed. It feels very Titanfall-y where the initial few hours will be fun, but then very empty and repetitive and boring after a few hours. Once the intial "OMG STARWARS SHOOTER" wears off i feel like everyone is going to go back to COD/Halo/whatever the big shooter is on consoles.

The snow map is so empty and lifeless.

Graphics wise the environments look great tho. Hopefully the retail version is much better

Wil348

I've joined, should be useful for when I have no friends online who are playing the game.

I'm disappointed. It feels very Titanfall-y where the initial few hours will be fun, but then very empty and repetitive and boring after a few hours. Once the intial "OMG STARWARS SHOOTER" wears off i feel like everyone is going to go back to COD/Halo/whatever the big shooter is on consoles.

The snow map is so empty and lifeless.

Graphics wise the environments look great tho. Hopefully the retail version is much better

What system are you on? the hoth level is most definitely not lifeless in any of the games ive been in there's so much happening all over

Top Bottom