• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

You really have to play for yourself to believe. After that videos on monday i thought meh.
But playing it now for myself? Im more hyped than ever for this game :D

This is EXACTLY how it went for me, i was originally gonna wait on the game, but now i have it pre ordered because this beta is so damn fun

guys it seems people are REALLY REALLY enjoying this. I think Dice might have pulled it off.

A lot of it is hype too. Its hard to get in now so people are extra excited. People said the same things with titanfall before it came out. Don't get me wrong the game is fun, but if we run out of stuff to unlock within a few days like titanfall was then I'm not sure if people are gonna stick around long term.

Boke1879

guys it seems people are REALLY REALLY enjoying this. I think Dice might have pulled it off.

Just gotta hope they take the feedback make necessary improvements and hope for a smooth launch.

But you're right. Good to see people having fun in the beta even though it's limited. That speaks a lot to the gameplay itself. Can't wait for the full game

Excited to see how positive opinions are regarding this game upon people playing it. Even seeing some minds changed.
I will join you on Hoth...soon.

Good thread title, too.

Machina

Banned
Future reference for Thursday: A well placed Thermal Imploder at the feet of an AT ST is instant kill, and the explosion is glorious.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
A lot of it is hype too. Its hard to get in now so people are extra excited. People said the same things with titanfall before it came out. Don't get me wrong the game is fun, but if we run out of stuff to unlock within a few days like titanfall was then I'm not sure if people are gonna stick around long term.
Man this is the saddest shit I've read all week. "If we run out of stuff to unlock"

How about playing something because you think it's fun?

Wil348

So far, I am really enjoying this. The gunplay feels a good as you would expect from a DICE game, the third person handles really well, and the maps are well designed. Haven't encountered any serious issues so far.

MiguelItUp

I was fortunate enough to grab a code from the DICE employee's Twitter earlier and I got to play over lunch. It made me more excited about the game, which is great! Especially after all of the semi-negative comments going around regarding all of the footage that was shown yesterday. There is definitely work to be done on it, I'm just wondering if 2 months is enough for them. I still don't understand why they went with the whole minimalist looking UI, I feel like it doesn't fit, nor does the font selection. But the gameplay is entertaining enough and I've wanted a new Battlefront for what feels like forever so, whatever I suppose!

Boke1879

Man this is the saddest shit I've read all week. "If we run out of stuff to unlock"

Yea. I think the game should have a certain level of unlocks and it looks like it will but the game should rely nor be based around it.

The core gameplay needs to be fun and that seems to be the case based on impressions so far.

Machina

Banned
I have found 1 thing to complain about. The audio settings are very threadbare. There is only one bar which is Master Volume, which means you can't mute the music if you have something going in the back ground.

I don't know about you guys but 1st person felt like aa whole new game compared to the third person jankyness

I played third person for all of 5 seconds. first person you can appreciate the visuals so much better.

MADGAME

Agreed. I don't like grinding to unlock things. I understand locking some items behind levels, but to me the game is much more fun and you have more options with the entire arsenal unlocked. Warhawk gave you all weapons from the start and it was a blast.

Machina

Banned
Yes they are online already.

But i have this issues sometimes on XboxOne too.

On PS4 i had no issues so far.

PSN is having the LEAST issues so far?

I_cant_believe_this

MiguelItUp

Same, it just infinitely searches for players. I think the Beta servers on PC haven't even been turned on yet.

I played for an hour at 12PM central time on PC and it was very efficient actually. Connected very quickly and had no issues with lag.

Tubie

This is definitely a Battlefield game at it's core and there's nothing wrong with that.

It benefits me a lot because I've been doing well from the start, the thing I need to adjust more is to try and hipfire a lot more when in close range and even in mid range at times.

Resolution seems to be 900p on PS4, but it has a very solid framerate, probably locked 60.

Toparaman

Banned
A part of me is just excited to see Episode 4/5/6 era assets rendered with modern technology.

That's a big part of it for me. Just seeing a modern AAA game with Star Wars visuals and music sounds great. And the best part is that the beta might be just enough to satiate that desire. Good on EA and DICE for having the beta open to everyone.

This doesnt require a preorder?

Bro, it doesn't even require PS Plus. Dunno about Xbox though.

GravyButt

So serious question. After battlefield hardline totally burnt me on the series, are people just enjoying this because its starwars themed or because it's actually awesome?!

bombshell

So serious question. After battlefield hardline totally burnt me on the series, are people just enjoying this because its starwars themed or because it's actually awesome?!

Battlefield Hardline wasn't made by DICE, enough said.

Yes, this is bloody awesome.

Hagi

There's plenty of shit Star Wars games, this isn't one of them

MiguelItUp

For the hour I played I honestly felt like it was entertaining. I'm sure having more content and choices will add even more though. I understand where you're coming from though, personally I'm entertained because it IS Star Wars, but it also does things a little bit differently. It's enough to warrant a purchase from me for sure, I'm just hoping I stay interested for a long time. I'm probably going to try and go light on the beta so I don't play it way too much so I can maintain that enjoyment for a longer period of time. :D

Its a lot more fun to drive a snow speeder than a cop car. The theme helps sure, and the graphics are much better than hardline. Controls the same as previous BF games. Its fun.

Top Bottom