• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
yea ps4.
but i cant really get into a match for some reason.
its like its not even searching and quickly sends me to an empty one , where people come and go but there are never enought o start a match

Where are you from?

I'm from brazil and i'm having a similar experience.

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but I couldnt find it on the site. I have two friends that are just as stoked to play this as me. Will we be able to party up an play together? I assume so but I remember the Gears beta didn't allow playing with friends.

also for the Base Command game...when you unlock Star Cards in the actual Battlefront game they can be used in your "deck" for Base Command

I've played the first couple rounds (tutorial stuff basically) and it seems like it could be a neat time filler thing to do...the units that move around the board and such look like Amiibos

Huh, interesting, I haven't experience many dips in my playtime. Framerate's been real steady, partially why I can forgive the IQ at least. Any particular map or is it all of them?

Both maps I played on XB1 had terrible drops in frame rate. I'm in NXOE preview, though, so maybe that's part of it.

Sure, explosions, particle effects, and the lighting look fantastic. Gun models look good too. The image quality is still terrible though.

I'm not that knowledgeable in the technical stakes, my bad it's just that I was slightly surprised by your post considering you said the visuals were incredible on Twitter earlier.

Ok i think ive found the issue that is causing the constant stutter and hiccups on the XboxOne version.

Its the fucking Servers. The first few minutes everything is smooth and without lag. But when the match goes on it gets worse really worse. Last phase is really awful.

I hope they fix that. Or its still only a issue for me. Will be interesting if people have this issues too tomorrow.

LAA

Just gone on it and had a crash already, ha ha. Was playing offline, press R1 when the jetpack was nearly charged then froze, ha ha. Hopefully this is all fixed by launch.

Euron

Game looks gorgeous on PS4. Quite possibly the best looking game on the system. I haven't had the time to play Walker Assault yet but Drop Zone is pretty fun. I'm not the biggest fan of Sullust but it plays well enough at least. After looking at everything that's locked out I'm still concerned about the amount of content at launch though.

It plays very smoothly online so hopefully it'll be fine at launch but I'm probably going to wait a bit on this one.

Are people saying this is gonna be a bad game?

It looks pretty good..

I dont think it will be bad, the demo is super fun. I do worry about the game having longevity though. Most people today who play games for a long time do so with specific achievements in mind. They wanna get something: Unlocks, ranks, specific drops, etc. The games that have the longest legs tend to do this very well. Thats what worries me about this game. It gives me a Titanfall vibe and not in a good way.

Titanfall was super fun dont get me wrong, but the game had no legs. Community dropped really fast. There was really nothing to unlock anymore unless you just started your rank over and over, no co-op, no SP etc. There just wasnt enough in the game.

"Fun" today isnt enough anymore. The game needs to have legs and my feeling is that this game will be more like Titanfall than BF4. Only advantage this game really has over that, is that its Star Wars.

BONDO

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch but I couldnt find it on the site. I have two friends that are just as stoked to play this as me. Will we be able to party up an play together? I assume so but I remember the Gears beta didn't allow playing with friends.

Id like to know this too

etta

my hard graphic balls
I dont think it will be bad, the demo is super fun. I do worry about the game having longevity though. Most people today who play games for a long time do so with specific achievements in mind. They wanna get something: Unlocks, ranks, specific drops, etc. The games that have the longest legs tend to do this very well. Thats what worries me about this game. It gives me a Titanfall vibe and not in a good way.

Titanfall was super fun dont get me wrong, but the game had no legs. Community dropped really fast. There was really nothing to unlock anymore unless you just started your rank over and over, no co-op, no SP etc. There just wasnt enough in the game.

"Fun" today isnt enough anymore. The game needs to have legs and my feeling is that this game will be more like Titanfall than BF4. Only advantage this game really has over that, is that its Star Wars.
I do seem to have the same impressions from just watching stuff about it so far.

MiguelItUp

Honestly if DICE treats it like they've treated and supported previous titles, it should be fine. That's my main concern as well though, just overall lack of content and variation.

The white shimmering, for me, is the worst part.

It really hurts every single object on screen.

That is not what i was hoping to hear. Good lord when are we finally going to get rid of the shimmering? After several developers have really improved Xbox One versions of multiplatform games, like Mad Max for example that was actually on par with PS4, i honestly was not expecting to hear about such big differences. Guess i'll see for myself tomorrow, but man....sucks to hear that. I hear nothing but praise about the PS4 beta here. Was there such a drastic difference with BF4 and Hardline too?

Ah sweet! I see now that in that footage it is expending the icon below the other equipment. Thanks!

yeah...the left and right equipment cards are on LB/L1 and RB/R1 (controller wise) and when you have a special ability (turret, unit shield, orbital strike, etc) you press both buttons at the same time to use it

the other ability (mapped to Y/Triangle) you need to have charges to use

Xater

Ion grenade isnt that great against at-st's.... Ion Shot is useless... That Torpedo thing that was in the Alpha needs to be available.

I had great success with Ion Grenades against AT-STs. Smart Rockets also work, and air support should help out if they are good.

Guys, I need to know. I was watching some gameplay footage and the Thermal Detonators look like just normal explosive grenades.

Do they not have the sweet implosion effect that was show in this gameplay demo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20&t=1m08s (see at 1:08 if it doesn't skip you to it.)

This would make me very sad.

The implosion does not come from a thermal detonator. It's a pickup grenade you can find.

Top Bottom