• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

Ark

Can you please expand on that? I have yet to play, but genuinely curious

The turrets on Walker Assault are far too powerful, you can't kill them without anti-vehicle stuff. They're basically tanks. Same with AT-ST's, in the alpha they were too weak now imo they're too strong.

There'e no drop off for weapon damage over range. A blaster shot point-blank will do exactly the same amount of damage across the map, so you can easily pot-shot people across the map. And there's zero penalty for hip fire. DICE have made it literally pointless to use the gun optics or to use first-person mode.

The sniper rifle you unlock is ludicrously powerful. It one-shots as a headshot (totally fine), but then it does 90 damage when it hits any other part of the body. You can shoot someone's torso with the sniper and switch back to your regular blaster and kill them before they can 100-0 you with their blaster. Not to mention how negligible the cooldown on it is.

DICE said they didn't want classes, but they've implemented classes anyway through the pick up system and the cards. I have to specially choose an anti-vehicle perk to replace one of my other useful things so I can deal with turrets and such. I'm basically an engineer from Battlefield.

Not to mention I feel like I'm being shot through cover all the time. The spawn system is worse than CoD:MW2.

EDIT: For the record, I loved the alpha to bits but from what I've played so far, I'm not liking this.

IMO there needs to be some kind of Anti Vehicle weapon in my pocket.

Yup.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the open beta will be unlocked tomorrow?

My friend said his availability on PC says 1pm EST, not midnight like I would have assumed. I want to know so I can figure out when I can install it on my Xbox

Boke1879

I hope so.

I've always said their post launch support of the game would determine if people stick with it for a long period of time. With how they've supported BF4 I have faith. Especially with the Star Wars IP. It's not something you just abandon and they will no doubt continue this series.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the open beta will be unlocked tomorrow?

My friend said his availability on PC says 1pm EST, not midnight like I would have assumed. I want to know so I can figure out when I can install it on my Xbox

all I have is the PC version but I can confirm that's what the timer on Origin says for the Beta starting tomorrow (1 PM Eastern)

Piggus

Has anyone with the PC version tested how much VRAM the game uses with Ultra textures at 2560x1440 or 1080p? I should be able to play at 1440p and maintain 60 fps IF the game isn't a VRAM hog.

all I have is the PC version but I can confirm that's what the timer on Origin says for the Beta starting tomorrow (1 PM Eastern)

I am glad they let us pre-load it but 1 PM?

Hopefully that gets moved up at some point. I had planned on taking the day off tomorrow to play it but I guess now I can just leave early.

Has anyone with the PC version tested how much VRAM the game uses with Ultra textures at 2560x1440 or 1080p? I should be able to play at 1440p and maintain 60 fps IF the game isn't a VRAM hog.

index.php

Frog-fu

Banned
Played a couple of hours. Really enjoyed it. Something feels off about it, I can't quite put my finger on it but I got the gut feeling it's gonna be an annoyance.

MiguelItUp

I can't play because the PC beta is empty right now again :(

I played again during lunch today without any problems. I wonder why it's giving you such a hard time. :( I will admit another buddy of mine was trying to join and we had a hard time getting into a game together. By the time we got into one my game ended up abruptly crashing in-game. So we did a Survival game together and everything was fine.

bombshell

I dont think it will be bad, the demo is super fun. I do worry about the game having longevity though. Most people today who play games for a long time do so with specific achievements in mind. They wanna get something: Unlocks, ranks, specific drops, etc. The games that have the longest legs tend to do this very well. Thats what worries me about this game. It gives me a Titanfall vibe and not in a good way.

Titanfall was super fun dont get me wrong, but the game had no legs. Community dropped really fast. There was really nothing to unlock anymore unless you just started your rank over and over, no co-op, no SP etc. There just wasnt enough in the game.

"Fun" today isnt enough anymore. The game needs to have legs and my feeling is that this game will be more like Titanfall than BF4. Only advantage this game really has over that, is that its Star Wars.

No problem then, because Battlefront does have co-op and a whole lot of locked MP modes, more than in Titanfall.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
holy shit

i actually won as the rebels. We took down an AT-AT at the first point and it still came down to the very end.

No problem then, because Battlefront does have co-op and a whole lot of locked MP modes, more than in Titanfall.

Yes, lets hope. One thing also that im not sure of is that squad of 2 people thing. Im often 3-4 when online. Will this game support 3-4 player squads? Cause that might hurt this game a lot if it doesnt.

bombshell

Yes, lets hope. One thing also that im not sure of is that squad of 2 people thing. Im often 3-4 when online. Will this game support 3-4 player squads? Cause that might hurt this game a lot if it doesnt.

You can have a party of 8, but the partner mechanic (where you can spawn at your partner and play with his hand loadout) is restricted to 2 people always.

GravyButt

Hopefully we get beta platform play numbers. Id love to get this on the ps4, but all my friends will be getting it on the xbox one. Just wondering how much smaller the community will be. That's really my only concern. I can deal with the graphics because my eyes stink to begin with!

TitusTroy

is it October 8th yet?...it's already unlocked for the Early Access people so they should just open it up early for everyone (on all platforms) based on the overall positive word of mouth the beta has been getting

its Ayetee Ayetee. Any other way is 100% wrong.

I mean you wouldn't call the chicken walkers AT Stu would you? No you would say Ayetee S Tee.

Correct.

And here's how you prove it.

How do you pronounce AT-ST?

That's what I thought.

100% agree people sound funny saying it the other way

Yeah AT-AT sounds very stupid and wrong, but I saw a lot of people calling it like that while watching stream like Vinny and Austin Walker from Giant Bomb.

Top Bottom