• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

Walker Assault is bananas! The amount of crazy shit going on around you can be damn overwhelming but it's still a lot of fun. Winning as the rebels is pretty tough though.

Also I've got to commend Dice on their graphical work and sound design. Game shines with a nice pair of headphones.

Drop Zone is a lot of fun too, it's also hectic but at least people can comprehend strategy there. So far the beta has been very enjoyable.

Ark

That's the point. What, did you want another copy and paste generic shooter? This is Battlefront. It's like complaining that Halo doesn't have ADS.

Are you kidding me? I want a game that is balanced. There is zero cover on Hoth outside of the tunnels and trenches, which means you'll just get destroyed.

It's ironic that you say that anyway, given that Battlefront was in itself a generic shooter.

bombshell

Are you kidding me? I want a game that is balanced. There is zero cover on Hoth outside of the tunnels and trenches, which means you'll just get destroyed.

It's ironic that you say that anyway, given that Battlefront was in itself a generic shooter.

The personal shield card is great for cover when fired at out in the open.

Timu

I sense a great disturbance in the force. As if a million servers cried out in terror then were suddenly silenced.
Guess I'll have to stick with the PC version in the meantime as that's already preloaded, though I can't max it at 1440p, oh well High should be good enough.

greelay

This game doesnt seem very fun, Maybe, the map just sucks? Do other people like the map for Drop Zone?

Edit: Nevermind. Walker Assault on Hoth is a lot more fun. Game actually feels like Star Wars in this mode.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
has anyone won a rebel victory on walker assault yet? It's seems impossible

I've won a single match.

I've played the mode a lot though I'm not sure of the exact amount of games, it's atleast been 20. So right now it's, at best, 19-1 imperials.

People do seem to be better at approaching it today atleast since previously I saw a lot of people firing on the AT-ATs without them being vulnerable. But that will get way worse again tomorrow.

That hill between the first set of objectives and second, getting on top of, giving you a view of the whole field. Feels cheap but feels so good.

Reminds me of the hill at the start on Port Valdez.

MADGAME

After acquiring a ship, is it possible to get out/go back to infantry or are you in the ship until you die or the match ends?

Eggbok

RegalIncompatibleHorsefly.gif

One of my bffs michael was Vader + all the sparks. <3

It's insane that the two times I've played Rebel on Walker Assault, we've handily destroyed the AT-ATs by the second checkpoint.

There's no real strategy besides holding the uplinks and thus building up a sizable reserve of Y-Wings (we're talking like 8 or 9 here) and then concentrating fire with anti-vehicle weapons and turrets when their shields are down. Graphically, it's a hell of a sight when you have 20+ players shooting at the same time.

Haines

Banned
Hold square.

How do get myself an atst or anything really. Or a vader. How do be a vader. I haven't figured out how I'm supposed to get one.

Also does radar just show when someone shoots.

bombshell

Hold square.

How do get myself an atst or anything really. Or a vader. How do be a vader. I haven't figured out how I'm supposed to get one.

Also does radar just show when someone shoots.

You just need to be lucky and find the appropiate pickup.

Hero pickups have a lightsaber icon. AT-ST has an AT-ST icon etc.

raphier

Banned
It's possible but you're teammates actually have to pursue the objectives instead of lone-wolfing it.

the problem is that empire players can just lonewolf through. Everybody is fixated on their killscore and they also get vehicles. Rebels rarely pull Y-wing cards out and even then it's much harder to take down a walker, because by the time you shoot your harpoon, your shields are most likely depleted and you die.

I really think that empire players have to suck big time if rebels win. All we do now is just wait and try to skip rebel rounds asap. Kind of kills the game.

nib95

Banned
Even from this small Beta, there have been some pretty awesome looking GIF's. GAF is doing a better job marketing this game than EA has. I went from super hyped and pre-ordered, to disappointed and cancelling my pre-order, to now being hyped and waiting on the Beta.

Fuck all the negativity. If I ran into that on the Battlefield I'd just stand and watch honestly. Yes they are moving at a ridiculous speed. But that looks so good.

First time I did Hoth, I stopped and stared at the AT-AT and admired it. I then died because I was sitting there just looking at the damn thing, but it was just awe inspiring to look at.

zedge

First time I did Hoth, I stopped and stared at the AT-AT and admired it. I then died because I was sitting there just looking at the damn thing, but it was just awe inspiring to look at.

Haha. I am probably going to die a lot when I first start playing. Standing around staring at everything, taking in the sights and sounds. :p

Ferrio

Banned
It really seems like that Vehicle pickups are static, ive seen people only getting kills with vehicles and going 50-4 or so.

Needs to be more random

Makes no sense to have them random. The big ones like AT-AT have a time limit too, so they can't just ride one to victory the whole game unless people are letting them take it each time.

Does anyone know how the matching works? I noticed last night I was playing against a friend who I didn't even know had the beta. Somehow it just auto paired us and the only way I found out is when he killed me and it told me who killed me.

Top Bottom