• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins gate 0 coming to the west

RedToad64

I really hope this doesn't get pushed to 2017... but at the same time, if there are legitimate problems then I don't want to be rushed.

OMG Aero

We'll have to go back in time and move to the timeline where it comes out this year.
Just out of curiosity (because I've forgotten) but in the ending that Steins;Gate 0 takes place after,
does Okabe still have the phonewave? I can't remember if he destroys it after erasing the first dmail or if he only destroys it after Kurisu is saved in the true ending.

Fowler

Just out of curiosity (because I've forgotten) but in the ending that Steins;Gate 0 takes place after,
does Okabe still have the phonewave? I can't remember if he destroys it after erasing the first dmail or if he only destroys it after Kurisu is saved in the true ending.

I'm pretty sure the video message you get has Okabe telling himself that the grief and trauma causes him to destroy the PhoneWave, only to rebuild it a year later. Guessing 0 is the story of how he goes from a complete wreck who swears off meddling with time to being motivated to rebuild the PhoneWave (name TBA).

atomsk

Party Pooper
time keeps on slippin slippin slippin...

0XwKmBN.png

at least we'll get a solid date for Root Letter this week

T8EwfoC.png

bilas

Banned
Something must have happened with this game, It was announced first than Root Letter, they said they would try a September release and we're already in October and still no release date...

I think that's a really good sign? I don't think these show up more than a week or two before release usually?

There are exceptions (e.g. when the English trophy list shows up alongside the Japanese trophy list, and some games such as Xcom Vita that have their lists show up months before announcement and release), but that usually mean that it's passed certification. I would expect a release date announcement before the end of the month.

Shizuka

- All retailers have a November 29th release date now;
- Two english trophy lists have been uploaded since last month;
- On October 13th, PQube said that Steins;Gate 0 release date will be announced soon.

While this isn't the update I wanted to share, everything points to a late November release date being announced this week or the next.

- All retailers have a November 29th release date now;
- Two english trophy lists have been uploaded since last month;
- On October 13th, PQube said that Steins;Gate 0 release date will be announced soon.

While this isn't the update I wanted to share, everything points to a late November release date being announced this week or the next.
Thanks for this. Been looking for info on 0, but no dice.

No english dub right?

Jimrpg

I hope the delay wasn't because they cut stuff. Steins;Gate had some unnecessary fan service, and I could see that being a stumbling block.

Ozgameshop which is where I ordered 0 from still has October 28th, but I am seriously doubting that with each day that passes.

I hope the delay wasn't because they cut stuff. Steins;Gate had some unnecessary fan service, and I could see that being a stumbling block.

Ozgameshop which is where I ordered 0 from still has October 28th, but I am seriously doubting that with each day that passes.

Considering what PQube has been localizing recently (Valkyrie Drive and GalGun), there is no chance that they would cut anything from the game.

I don't mind the fan service in Steins Gate honestly but this this is coming from a someone who reads reads eroge on a weekly basis

RRockman

Banned
There was like what, roughly two scenes that was fanservice? Even then the second one was
Not even all that titillating, considering you were in the middle of a life or death fight with a broken desperate murderer.

The Steins;Gate Facebook Community page made a post for asking questions to the Steins;Gate 0 developers, accepting questions in the next 24 hours. The best questions will be featured in an announcement on the Sony blog next week.

(I would say don't spam questions about the release date, of course that's going to come with the announcement anyway. Be creative)

RedToad64

The Steins;Gate Facebook Community page made a post for asking questions to the Steins;Gate 0 developers, accepting questions in the next 24 hours. The best questions will be featured in an announcement on the Sony blog next week.

(I would say don't spam questions about the release date, of course that's going to come with the announcement anyway. Be creative)
The questions asked there by the community have been pretty good so far. I would like to see more GAF users ask questions.

antibolo

Banned
So uh maybe those questions are already answered in this thread in which case I am sorry, but having recently seen all endings in the original game I am kinda confused about this one aspect of 0...

This game will take place in the Beta (ie. World War III) timeline, right? However from what I've seen it appears that Kurisu is alive? Shouldn't she be dead in the Beta timeline?

So uh maybe those questions are already answered in this thread in which case I am sorry, but having recently seen all endings in the original game I am kinda confused about this one aspect of 0...

This game will take place in the Beta (ie. World War III) timeline, right? However from what I've seen it appears that Kurisu is alive? Shouldn't she be dead in the Beta timeline?
You're not wrong. Just wait and see ;)

AwShucks

I had seen the anime and OVA of Steins;Gate but just finished the VN. Very excited for this but also sort of sad it doesn't take place after the originals true ending.

lol yeah

Waiting for a date confirmation.Got this and Root Letter preordered. If this comes out in Nov I'll cancel Root Letter. If not I'll have that to play

Have a feeling this is getting bumped to next year for some reason just waiting on it becoming official

ffvorax

Why all the games come out at the same time... :(

Well that could mean I will get it in discount some time later... not time right now to buy also this...

Top Bottom