• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

Banned
That 'leak' is painful. Akira never would have crossed my mind before, but now I want it to be true (and know it probably isn't).

qcf x2

The fake leaks keep getting worse and worse. The lack of 3S characters is always the tip off.

I called Urien being the boss character for SFV about a week ago. It's all but a foregone conclusion he will be in, and a likelihood that he will be the boss (or at the very least, the pre-boss or first boss or whatever) because Capcom keeps saying the story is going to make more sense than in previous Street Fighters, and it fits with the following known details:

- This takes place right before SF3, which means that Gill hasn't become fully ascendant yet
- We know that Gill was benevolent, where Urien was jealous, evil and power thirsty
- Urien is likely trying to amass an army to take over the world/stop Gill, and Nash was recruit #1.. wouldn't be surprised if Nash tried to stop Urien and escaped half-transformed
- Nash has the same thing on his forehead as Urien
- Nash's moves show malice, which is a Urien trait
- The tone of the game is darker, which lends itself toward Urien's disposition
- Urien is one of the most popular (in terms of use) SF characters to never appear in another game (Fighting Jam or whatever doesn't count), and there are no licensing issues...he's also got a unique playstyle

My full prediction is that Urien is a central antagonist for V, and the story is about him desperately trying to amass an army to pull ahead of Gill before it's too late. If I'm right then at least one of Necro/Twelve are in, and possibly both, as they were projects of Urien's.

If they are adding a German character who isn't Hugo, it might be Korin, who is Gill's secretary.

I give this new leaker all due credit for having the gumption to make his first (probable) guess such a shoot-the-moon one. I like myself a leak that's all-in and will either be "proven" or fall apart completely in short order.

Dremark

Banned
I give this new leaker all due credit for having the gumption to make his first (probable) guess such a shoot-the-moon one. I like myself a leak that's all-in and will either be "proven" or fall apart completely in short order.

Yeah I am more inclined to believe it because it's so all or nothing. We'll know in like 10 days if it's BS or not. Very bold shots though in every sense of the word though.

That fanfic isn't going to happen because Urien is subservient to Gill until the end of Third Strike.
I was thinking it would be Urien using Charlie to finally end Shadowlaw once and for all, and Urien would be in control because Gil's planning other shit.

KAL2006

Banned
Speaking of character art and stages, something spotted by a reddit user :

Nash SF5 stage:

Gill stage in SF3.2 :
hqdefault.jpg

Notice the egyptian-like statue in both background, very very similar.
After Nash forehead gem, it kinda confirms a link between him and the Illuminati, and would support Urien presence in the cast (rather than Gill since he's basically a boss version of Urien).

That's a good catch. I predict Urien as the boss and Charlie as the Sub Boss. Or both Urien and Charlie as Sub Bosses with a New character as the boss.

Arcade mode should be like the following

1 to 4 normal fights
5th fight is with your rival
6 to 7 normal fights
8th fight Charlie
9th fight Urien
10th Fight New Boss

Buzzati

Banned
The shadowy figure ambles forth...a dark hand reaches to lift what is guising its face. A helmet? "It's Akira from Rival Schools!" Dhalsim yelps incredulously. A brisk wind blows as her perfectly ph balanced hair wafts a rosey scent all through my favorite Onimusha 2 stage that will serve host to the fight of Dhalsim's life. "Stretchy limbs, don't fail me now.." he cooly mutters as he hears a roar. "Blanka, old buddy? Is that you?" A feral voice chuckles from beyond the shadows, "Sure is pal... If by Blanka you mean REI FROM BREATH OF FIRE III!" Another unknown voice from beyond the shadows prods at the now baffled Dhalsim, "Looks like you're not the only one with a little breath of fire.." Sim turns toward the new voice. Little. Fucking. Nemo.

Just a small leak from my notes. You're welcome.

jerry1594

I was thinking it would be Urien using Charlie to finally end Shadowlaw once and for all, and Urien would be in control because Gil's planning other shit.

That's a good catch. I predict Urien as the boss and Charlie as the Sub Boss. Or both Urien and Charlie as Sub Bosses with a New character as the boss.

Arcade mode should be like the following

1 to 4 normal fights
5th fight is with your rival
6 to 7 normal fights
8th fight Charlie
9th fight Urien
10th Fight New Boss
Lol why are you doing this

I hope Ono teases Akira, only to have him be brutally murdered in the reveal trailer by the true pre-order bonus character..

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

LaronX

Neo Member
I think it works the other way around - they decided on characters to include and then shoe-horn them into whatever nonsense story they can.

I don't know what was wrong with world fighting tournament, that's all the story you need for a genre where story is THE least important part of the entire game.

Not saying the'll make much sense but that's the last thing they made there story conclude. There will be random characters just pushed into the story because what ever. But some do get some story love.

As for what story is needed. World tournament is more then enough. BUT having more is also not bad. A SF with MK like story mode I wouldn't complain about.

Subaru

Nah. Five characters from Japan, four Americans, three Brits, two Koreans? In the first release? I know Birdie isn't popular but this list goes way too far into the "no one asked for this" direction.

Street Fighter V: G8 Warriors

(Oh, Korea isn't part of G8, but is a rich country anyway).

You nailed it! =D

Even though we're joking, I could totally see Capcom releasing a champ-man type game where you do up the training schedule for a fighter, hire nutritionists and personal trainers, etc. as some kind of "time as a currency" mobile game.

Ken Trainer 2015, coming to iOS and Android devices this summer!

Well, yes. There's also going to be a bias based on the fact that people who would have taken Capcom's survey are more likely to be lifelong Street Fighter fans (as casual players probably don't care enough to bother), meaning they're going to have disproportionate fondness for characters that only appeared in less-popular games.

On the other hand, the more casual you are, the less likely it will be that you even HAVE a favorite character.

At that point, you're probably just going say "Ryu" or "Chun Loo", because those are the only characters you know as a casual fan. In other words, as a casual, you don't really care enough to have a favorite character, so you shouldn't even take the poll.

The people who are knowledgeable enough to even KNOW that a poll exists are the ones who would actually care if their poll choices got in a new game. True casuals wouldn't really care either way. Their allegiances to "Ryu" and "Chun Loo" are flimsy at best.

Dremark

Banned
Even though we're joking, I could totally see Capcom releasing a champ-man type game where you do up the training schedule for a fighter, hire nutritionists and personal trainers, etc. as some kind of "time as a currency" mobile game.

Ken Trainer 2015, coming to iOS and Android devices this summer!

If it's Ken Trainer it needs to have reviewing flow charts too though.

Tizoc

New page: Not sure if old but someone pointed out on reddit that the character art shows some new stages.

and new ones.

This is new thread worthy; reboot the character speculation thread with a new thread talking about the stages and how they may hint at characters.

Speaking of which, best Ryu stage or best Ryu stage?
latest

yurinka

Did Capcom mention if this time we're going to have a stage and music track for each character?

I miss the old times when we had it, these things help to bring personality to them.

Speaking of which, best Ryu stage or best Ryu stage?
latest
I prefer stages with a huge crowd cheering the fighters, or at least fully animated ones. I find the static and empty ones boring.

If they are adding a German character who isn't Hugo, it might be Korin, who is Gill's secretary.
Rolento. As I remember there is no reference to where Gill's secretary origin is from in the games.

qcf x2

That fanfic isn't going to happen because Urien is subservient to Gill until the end of Third Strike.

Not really, he was jealous of him and thought he should be the head of the NWO from the very beginning. His character is based around his inferiority complex.

Did Capcom mention if this time we're going to have a stage and music track for each character?

I miss the old times when we had it, these things help to bring personality to them.

No official word on it yet, but the released character art seems to support the idea since each has a different background, even Cammy and Birdie, both from England.
Chunli art shows the china street stage and Cammy shows the recently revealed kings cross station.
We can only hope that they wont do the same mistake this time around since it seems they want to develop a decent story mode and want 'unique' characters.

kirblar

Throwing this out there alongside the merchandising theories pointing to Alex/Oro/Sakura - Urien is the only non-SF4 character featured in SF x Mega Man. Rolento was in this game 6 months before he was announced for USF4. (Had already been in SFxT.)

Love that everyone seems to be getting their own stage this time.

Shackzam

that list says a reveal will be at GDC. GDC isnt till March 2016 which the game should be launching....
I was looking at that as well and questioning everyone's reasoning about that. It just seems like he went down the list of events scheduled and put a likely character on that event.

that list says a reveal will be at GDC. GDC isnt till March 2016 which the game should be launching....

There are also GDC Europe and GDC China events. Though, I don't know why Capcom would reveal characters even at the primary GDC event, much less secondary ones. I know they get some media attention, but they're really just for game dev networking.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I was looking at that as well and questioning everyone's reasoning about that. It just seems like he went down the list of events scheduled and put a likely character on that event.
Like I said before, it was probably meant to say Gamescom. Only thing that makes sense, timewise

So I just visited the SRK forums and I thought I was at GameFAQs. What a crowd there.

Karin hasn't appeared for a long time, so it'd be fair to give her a chance, especially given her popularity. I'm not a fan of rekka characters though and they'd have to overhaul her boring moveset, tho.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Cmon guys he put a lot of effort into that wishlist

I don't know why we should praise someone whenever they made a fake leak lists? I know you thought that the leak was well thought but I thought it was just terrible for few reasons.

# 1: Full list leaks usually don't have any dates for their announcements. Take a look at Lupinko's leaks, Smash 4's leaks, etc.

#2: Ken Bogard already leaked three out of four characters' names. However it might be subject to change anytime.

3. Ken Bogard already emphasized that we are more likely to have 16 characters once again.

Also I would like to mention something funny but I'm aware that it's really a coincidence. I noticed this from rumored list.

-Sincerly, DN

Your name is DegeN.

:p

fader

I don't know why we should praise someone whenever they made a fake leak lists? I know you thought that the leak was well thought but I thought it was just terrible for few reasons.

# 1: Full list leaks usually don't have any dates for their announcements. Take a look at Lupinko's leaks, Smash 4's leaks, etc.

#2: Ken Bogard already leaked three out of four characters' names. However it might be subject to change anytime.

3. Ken Bogard already emphasized that we are more likely to have 16 characters once again.

Also I would like to mention something funny but I'm aware that it's really a coincidence. I noticed this from rumored list.
P

yea its very rare for leaks to be THIS detailed with dates of announcements. It's hard to take this list seriously.

NEXT "LEAK"

uZuQIFF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom