• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be down for some of that lol

Seriously though I think some SF3 characters would be a good way to go to stop it feeling like just another SF4 update, as SF3 was a lot different to SF2.

All signs point to SFV being heavily different to SFIV.

Because it's really Darkstalkers.

I don't want to throw any fuel on the fire since I'm not a fan of leakers, but when I was talking to Capcom people before Ultra came out one of them talked about how they were looking into doing more with Rival Schools. That'd be pretty funny if Akira was in V.

jerry1594

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170372393]I don't want to throw any fuel on the fire since I'm not a fan of leakers, but when I was talking to Capcom people before Ultra came out one of them talked about how they were looking into doing more with Rival Schools. That'd be pretty funny if Akira was in V.[/QUOTE]
That would be seriously cool. Unlike most the 4 newcomers she isn't a garbage character or design. If she became popular that would be a great boon for a new Rival Schools happening.

tribal24

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170372393]I don't want to throw any fuel on the fire since I'm not a fan of leakers, but when I was talking to Capcom people before Ultra came out one of them talked about how they were looking into doing more with Rival Schools. That'd be pretty funny if Akira was in V.[/QUOTE]

i'm all for this

kirblar

I think a new RS game's been floated in surveys.

Pompadour

They should really just make Rival Schools a part of the Street Fighter universe. The characters in both franchises aren't that different stylistically. It would be nice to see some of those characters as the chances for an RS sequel is pretty slim.

Well Hinata and Natsu (Volley ball player ) are Sakuras old childhood friends.

Still, wonder what Akira would look like older.....they will probably keep it a mystery with the biker helmet. xD

I wouldn't mind seeing Kyosuke in SFV

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Capcom was high on fighters back then. After the failure of SFxTH and darkstalkers HD I'm pretty sure there is no chance in hell rival schools will ever get made. Having a character in SFV would be cool though.

Because of SF x TK's failure, they decided to can Capcom Vs. Capcom according to a guy on this forum. I forget who.

Kind of surprised nobody has brought up the dust-covers Udon is doing at the comic con featuring silhouttes of streetfighter characters...

UDON_SFEncy_SDCC2015.jpg

UDON_SSF2_SDCC2015.jpg

UDON_SFLChunLi_SDCC2015.jpg

I think we can easily guess the first two :p

Because of SF x TK's failure, they decided to can Capcom Vs. Capcom according to a guy on this forum. I forget who.

That's a damn shame. The VS series has it's place along side Street Fighter. Capcom vs. would have been great cause they could have kept the dlc coming not having to worry about marvel. Hopefully after SFV takes off they'll consider it again.

I don't want Rival Schools to be swallowed up by Street Fighter. :(

I want a new standalone RS game.

Shackzam

Just pointing it out, but why does the last one have 2 questions marks on them. The other 2 you could have easily fit them as well. Either way I have no idea who that could, but as always take these with a grain of salt.

Maybe it's Maki? Shoes look similar...
Whelp, all I know is it's not Rose because I just found this one:
UDON_SFEncy_SDCC2015_NEW2.jpg

Ok, no more images from me. I don't want to make this page kill people on mobile or whatever any more than I already have XD

Also, I'd be up for R.Mika returning, mainly just because I'd like to play a grappler for once but I refuse to play the sweaty muscle men those movesets are traditionally shackled to :p
Abel was so close to being the answer to that until they changed her to a forgettable french guy in a gi -.-

Just pointing it out, but why does the last one have 2 questions marks on them. The other 2 you could have easily fit them as well. Either way I have no idea who that could, but as always take these with a grain of salt.
Some people think she might be a new character. I notice the URL has 'chun li' in it but it doesn't look like chunners at all and she's already got a beach pic :eek:

I would take a Wild guess and say the sillouette is Juni or Juli but I have no Idea what happened to the Bison dolls story wise in SSF4. I only know Juni was in one of Cammys endings.

fader

I would take a Wild guess and say the sillouette is Juni or Juli but I have no Idea what happened to the Bison dolls story wise in SSF4. I only know Juni was in one of Cammys endings.

Juri kidnapped all of them and gave them too seth and i remember one of them she thew out the plane with cammy.

Astarte

Also, I'd be up for R.Mika returning, mainly just because I'd like to play a grappler for once but I refuse to play the sweaty muscle men those movesets are traditionally shackled to :p
Abel was so close to being the answer to that until they changed her to a forgettable french guy in a gi -.-

Some people think she might be a new character. I notice the URL has 'chun li' in it but it doesn't look like chunners at all and she's already got a beach pic :eek:

Abel was always male. He was male in that conceptual image as well.
Speaking of nontraditional grapplers, I want shermie back. Where is she, SNK?

Abel was always male. He was male in that conceptual image as well.
Speaking of nontraditional grapplers, I want shermie back. Where is she, SNK?

Well, I don't think Abel's original sex was ever actually mentioned. The original quote roughly translates to "A small Judo character, who could be mistaken for a girl." which might seem indicative initially until you realise that the phrase in the original japanese could also be taken to indicate she's an older woman who could be mistaken for a girl.
Doesn't matter to me either way ultimately: boy or girl, they're cute and a grappler which is all I really wanted :3

I think it might be Ibuki.
Possibly but you'd think her impossibly long ponytail would be in the silhoutte somewhere :eek:

My guess is that the silhouette is of Maki. My reason is because the towel happens to be red (her outfit), and the question mark happens to be yellow (her hair)

You could use that for the other silhouettes of R. Mika and Poison.

Astarte

Well, I don't think Abel's original sex was ever actually mentioned. The original quote roughly translates to "A small Judo character, who could be mistaken for a girl." which might seem indicative initially until you realise that the phrase in the original japanese could also be taken to indicate she's an older woman who could be mistaken for a girl.
Doesn't matter to me either way ultimately: boy or girl, they're cute and a grappler which is all I really wanted :3

It wouldn't be as surprising to have a woman be mistaken for a girl. I mean, if Abel was the next bridget I would have been incredibly okay with it. Very okay.

Coda

If both R. Mika and Maki were in game I'd be hype as hell. Having a unique moveset grappler and a rushdown character like Guy would mean I could have a main and pocket character with two unique styles.

If both R. Mika and Maki were in game I'd be hype as hell. Having a unique moveset grappler and a rushdown character like Guy would mean I could have a main and pocket character with two unique styles.
I think Maki is my only hope for getting a Ninja/Final Fight character in the OG cast.. Doubt Guy or Cody have a chance (and they used Haggar on MvC3).

Coda

I think Maki is my only hope for getting a Ninja/Final Fight character in the OG cast.. Doubt Guy or Cody have a chance (and they used Haggar on MvC3).

Yeah Guy and Cody most likely wont be in, but that's why they need Maki. Gotta respect the tonfa.

makibeach.png

It wouldn't be as surprising to have a woman be mistaken for a girl. I mean, if Abel was the next bridget I would have been incredibly okay with it. Very okay.
Based on Bridget's reception in general I only think it would've helped the character's popularity. I played Bridget along with my main May back in my guilty gear days :D
Anyhoo, anything's better than the yawnsome design they ended up with -.-

Interestingly I don't think I've found a beach silhoutte that looks like Karin yet. Not that these covers necessarily confirm anything anyhoo, but it's not like we've got much else to go on until comic con :p

Village

o

What in the world, I don't know how I should even take that statement.

also R mika's design is butt. In the badway, I would rather a new female wrestler character, who wasn't just butt and hear boobs, with like a leotard, was more serious looking. I'm into that

What in the world, I don't know how I should even take that statement.

also R mika's design is butt. In the badway, I would rather a new female wrestler character, who wasn't just butt and hear boobs, with like a leotard, was more serious looking. I'm into that

You should take it as it's written :p
R.Mika didn't exactly appeal to me the first time i ever saw her, but seeing as every single new grappler ever made by capcom has continued to be topless muscle men I don't hold much hope for themcreating a new female grappler, so in the face of nothing I'll happily take Mika :p also, keep in mind that the 6 confirmed peeps have been touched up to various degrees, especially Birdie, so I imagine she'd be redesigned a bit.
As an added bonus, if mika did make it, I'd probably attend fights with a bag of skittles so I can offer my opponents to 'taste the rainbow' if I beat them :3

Village

You should take it as it's written :p
R.Mika didn't exactly appeal to me the first time i ever saw her, but seeing as every single new grappler ever made by capcom has continued to be topless muscle men I don't hold much hope for themcreating a new female grappler, so in the face of nothing I'll happily take Mika :p also, keep in mind that the 6 confirmed peeps have been touched up to various degrees, especially Birdie, so I imagine she'd be redesigned a bit.
As an added bonus, if mika did make it, I'd probably attend fights with a bag of skittles so I can offer my opponents to 'taste the rainbow' if I beat them :3

that a lot less grimy than I thought the intent was

My guess is that the silhouette is of Maki. My reason is because the towel happens to be red (her outfit), and the question mark happens to be yellow (her hair)

You could use that for the other silhouettes of R. Mika and Poison.

You could also say that it could be Karin using that logic though. :p

Sanctuary

Honestly, thinking about it, Capcom's stages have always paled in comparison to SNK's.

I guess I should have clarified with "in the series"? SNK stages can be too busy at times, plus they have a much higher volume of output so it's not like they aren't going to have more good stages to choose from overall. Not really a great comparison IMO, because they've had plenty of shit stages too. They've just had more overall to choose from.

Also, saying "always" is a bit much if you want to count all of the stages in all of the Capcom games. Just look at any of the Darkstalkers or Vs. games before MvC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom