• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

No official word on it yet, but the released character art seems to support the idea since each has a different background, even Cammy and Birdie, both from England.
Chunli art shows the china street stage and Cammy shows the recently revealed kings cross station.
We can only hope that they wont do the same mistake this time around since it seems they want to develop a decent story mode and want 'unique' characters.

stages are so important in terms of characterization and context for the fighters that I really hope they get the stages right. So far, they're not blowing me away on that front, with the two revealed stages just being more SFIV style street scenes, complete with random derpy background characters and way too much going on. they don't feel like they suit or 'belong' to any given character beyond representing their nation (or physical location in the story, I guess). on the other hand, it's really cool to fight next to a jet knowing you're all up in guile's turf's on a fucking airbase, and ibuki's 3s stage actually conveys the remoteness and tranquility of being out in a village in the boonies. they're actually places that make sense for the characters to be in, while also being aesthetically pleasing and not crammed with shitty background models doing goofy shit. general, I feel that the composition of stages since SFIV is just fundamentally inferior and less beautiful than what we saw in old games.

more than anything, I just want some variety and creativity, and for stages to feel more fresh than they have so far.

Speaking of which, best Ryu stage or best Ryu stage?
latest

One of the best. SF4 had some of the worst stages ever, so more like this, please. I mean, how can they have a SF game with no ryu dojo stage...

KAL2006

Banned
Was the 16 character thing from Ken Bogard as well? Or was that from somewhere else?

The 16 things was a mistranslation I swear I read somewhere Ken Bo gard hasn't actually mentioned 16 characters. I reckon there will be atleast 20 characters. They have already revealed 6 and the game comes out in 8 to 9 months.

Platy

Any list with Karin gets my instant "no way they fixed the legal isssues" look.

I want SF1 characters and expansion of the SF Videogame Universe with some Rival Schools character

5 he wants: All from SF3
5 he doesn't: All from SF4

lol

He doesn't want Remy and wants Juri I guess ....

Needs more Alpha and SF1 love

Platy

No Blanka .... but Laura is a brazilian just like him and you know how weird is SF view on brazilians.

So expect anything between Sean and Blanka.

Maybe a mutant shoto ?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The 16 things was a mistranslation I swear I read somewhere Ken Bo gard hasn't actually mentioned 16 characters. I reckon there will be atleast 20 characters. They have already revealed 6 and the game comes out in 8 to 9 months.

That's weird since someone mentioned that Ken Bogard called out on leaked list because it's not 16 characters roster, along having Rainbow Mika on the list.

I-hate-u

He has been missing form a lot of lists I am seeing, but please Capcom, put my boy Cody in. I just want to turn da beat back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm also kind of confused at the 16 character thing, I feel like it came from a different translation of that same stream or whatever Ken Bogard did, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than 16.

If it's between SFIII and SFIV's roster sizes.. that's a pretty big gap assuming he's talking about first editions (12-19).

Ploid 3.0

Do you guys think Capcom will add a sony IP character for the PS4? That would probably make me choose the PS4 version over the PC version. Who would they choose if they are asked to do it?

Edit: oh now that I think about it, it probably won't happen. The character will need to be visible on the PC version due to cross platform, and if it was on the PC version and locked a modder would just make it work for PC players somehow.

KAL2006

Banned
Do you guys think Capcom will add a sony IP character for the PS4? That would probably make me choose the PS4 version over the PC version. Who would they choose if they are asked to do it?

Edit: oh now that I think about it, it probably won't happen. The character will need to be visible on the PC version due to cross platform, and if it was on the PC version and locked a modder would just make it work for PC players somehow.

No I don't think they will this isn't a VS game. He'll when they released Alpha 3 Max on PSP they ported Maki and Eagle to the game from CvS2 but still refused to put other characters like Kyosuke in the game. However with the success Mortal Kombat is having with guest DLC characters maybe Capcom will attempt this as DLC.

KAL2006

Banned
So are we expecting new character revealed ar Comic Con in early July. I'd like more characters announced so there are more available in the Beta.

Lulubop

New page: Not sure if old but someone pointed out on reddit that the character art shows some new stages.

and new ones.

Ok so Bison having an actually Shadaloo stages makes me feel like there will be at least another Shadaloo character. Maybe a Doll or new character because I seriously don't see Vega or Balrog making the cut.

At first I was getting NYC vibes from where every the hell Birdie was standing, but off in the distance doesn't very central parkish.

So are we expecting new character revealed ar Comic Con in early July. I'd like more characters announced so there are more available in the Beta.

Absolutely as Ono will be there and they've already announced that they'll have an hour long SFV panel on the 9th.

KAL2006

Banned
Absolutely as Ono will be there and they've already announced that they'll have an hour long SFV panel on the 9th.

It makes sense also there is a Street Fighter V UK tour starting 7th July around the time of Comic Con. It would be in Capcoms favour if they had as many characters as possible for the tour and all these tournaments as pros can balance the game for Capcom finding out which characters are overpowered or too weak. I expect a Ken and New Character reveal for Comic Con.

My Top 5:

- Haggar
- Karin
- Alex
- Oro
- Eagle

Any list with Karin gets my instant "no way they fixed the legal isssues" look.

You know. If they can get Strider than they can get Karin. Plus, Ono has already stated that he could get Karin but that he's too lazy to go through the process.

Tizoc

Maybe, maybe not.
Would be cool if we did get tho, but I'd still settle for some game mode info, Beta info, etc.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Ken missed the initial roster. They've openly said that they're trying to move away from clones. And while enthusiasts will rightfully argue that Ken isn't a clone, there's no doubt that the perception is that he is.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Someone here made the argument that Ken would be the perfect poster child for a "season" or whatever they're going to call their paid updates. It makes too much sense.

delSai

Someone here made the argument that Ken would be the perfect poster child for a "season" or whatever they're going to call their paid updates. It makes too much sense.

He's going to be part of the "World Warrior" DLC season with characters like Honda, Guile and whoever else. Something like that maybe.

Fuck it, put EX and Marvel characters in too if we're just throwing everybody in

And Morrigan.

SAME SPRITE.

I'd be down for some of that lol

Seriously though I think some SF3 characters would be a good way to go to stop it feeling like just another SF4 update, as SF3 was a lot different to SF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom