• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 Character Hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dremark

Banned
Yeah, I thought so.
Is that not in SFV? I don't recall seeing it on stream, although it's possible that it's just not a great move and players aren't using it. :/

I thought I saw it, I haven't looked a ton into it though.

lol.

Are people really saying "if Ken isn't in this..." AS IF Ken won't be in it, lol.

It wouldn't be the first street fighter related game he missed the bus on.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Isn't there a copyright problem with Karin being owned by the artist or company who produced the manga that she first appeared in?

Leaker said no Ken.

Maybe he'll be DLC? He has the fanbase, for sure.

Who is this leaker you're talking about and what character did he say would be in?

Ryce

It wouldn't be the first street fighter related game he missed the bus on.
He's playable in the original Street Fighter, all versions of II, all versions of Alpha, all versions of III, and all versions of IV. Only Ryu shares that distinction.

vg260

Those colours mean nothing.

We'll see when the next characters are revealed. I was skeptical at first, but why have two completely different/random color streaks on either side then? It is an obvious multi-layer cut and pasted composite image, and those aren't the same color scheme as the background.

Every other color streak ties in to some element of the character either in their energy color or some costume highlight. Just look at the individual character wallpapers they released.

I don't think they are just random colors, but they could just as easily be some random element of a character's costume like a belt or something.

Lulubop

Isn't there a copyright problem with Karin being owned by the artist or company who produced the manga that she first appeared in?

Who is this leaker you're talking about and what character did he say would be in?

People said the same thing about Strider and why he wasn't in MvC3. I doubt it would be a problem. She was in CFJ anyway.

Dremark

Banned

Doesn't seem to be the case.

He's playable in the original Street Fighter, all versions of II, all versions of Alpha, all versions of III, and all versions of IV.

He's playable in Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight as well. Doesn't change the fact he missed the boat on Marvel Vs. Capcom and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom as they are the street fighter related games I was talking about.

I do not think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he is left out of the initial cast as he's been left out of games he'd be expected to be in before. I'm not saying he definitely won't be in though and if he's not in the initial cast I doubt he won't be added early.

Ryce

Doesn't change the fact he missed the boat on Marvel Vs. Capcom and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom as they are the street fighter related games I was talking about.
This is Street Fighter V, not a Vs. game. He hasn't missed a Street Fighter game in the last 28 years.

Omega

Banned
i'm seeing people say this game is going to have a smaller roster than previous versions, and then you have people asking for Ken and Akuma.

If it's going to have a small cast than I don't think it should have either right now. They are two of my favorite characters but they should focus more on diversity.

With that being said I'm pretty sure Ken makes it. Ryu and Ken are like the Scorpion/Sub Zero of SF, I don't see Capcom leaving him out.

i'm seeing people say this game is going to have a smaller roster than previous versions, and then you have people asking for Ken and Akuma.

If it's going to have a small cast than I don't think it should have either right now. They are two of my favorite characters but they should focus more on diversity.

With that being said I'm pretty sure Ken makes it. Ryu and Ken are like the Scorpion/Sub Zero of SF, I don't see Capcom leaving him out.

If they go for the samll initial roster then I could see them saving popular characters for DLC since they know they'll sell.

Dremark

Banned
This is Street Fighter V, not a Vs. game. He hasn't missed a Street Fighter game in the last 28 years.

His exclusions in other games shows that he's at least somewhat expendable. Sagat didn't miss a mainline Street Fighter game until New Generation, it's not an impossiblity that Ken will be left out.

Nothing has a precedence until it happens, that doesn't mean it never will.

ShinAmano

Doesn't seem to be the case.

He's playable in Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight as well. Doesn't change the fact he missed the boat on Marvel Vs. Capcom and Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom as they are the street fighter related games I was talking about.

I do not think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he is left out of the initial cast as he's been left out of games he'd be expected to be in before. I'm not saying he definitely won't be in though and if he's not in the initial cast I doubt he won't be added early.
if they leave him out of the initial cast that is a huge problem..the low character count is already an issue...leaving out a fan favorite and only other character to be in all street fighter games is a failure.

Ryce

His exclusions in other games shows that he's at least somewhat expendable.
You're comparing apples and oranges, though. He's expendable in Vs. games, but not in Street Fighter.

Street Fighter V is rumored to have 16 characters, which is in line with previous games in the series. There’s still room for Ken.

Street Fighter - 12 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter II - 12 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter Alpha - 13 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter III - 11 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter IV - 19 characters, including Ken

emag

First Capcom revealed the new London stage, then Cammy and Birdie, both of whom hail from the UK/London.

Will every stage (or many/most stages, as in the SF3 games) be shared by two characters? Will the next two characters to be revealed share a stage? If Bison and Nash share a stage (yet to be revealed Shadaloo location?), will the new characters share stages with Chun (China) or Ryu (Japan?)?

Dremark

Banned
if they leave him out of the initial cast that is a huge problem..the low character count is already an issue...leaving out a fan favorite and only other character to be in all street fighter games is a failure.

Chances are a lot of fan favorites are going to be left out. Most of them bring more to the table than Ken does and if he doesn't make the cut he'll likely be added later.

You're comparing apples and oranges, though. He's expendable in Vs. games, but not in Street Fighter.

Expendable is expendable. Again the fact he hasn't been left out yet doesn't mean he never will be.

Dremark

Banned
No, it really isn't. You're comparing two unrelated things. Ken is not an expendable Street Fighter character. He's been in every Street Fighter game ever made and is the second most popular character in the series. Why would Capcom even entertain the idea of cutting him? He's just as much a part of Street Fighter's identity as Ryu.

If he is so popular and isn't expendable why is he left out of some of the versus games?

Also I'm not saying they are definitely going to leave him out or even that he won't be in at all, I'm merely stating it's a possibility he might not be in the starting roster.

Ryce

If he is so popular and isn't expendable why is he left out of some of the versus games?
Marvel vs. Capcom - Capcom included 4 fighting game ports and 4 brand new characters, each assigned to a different fighting archetype: Ryu and Captain Commando are the standard characters, Morrigan and Mega Man are the technical characters, Chun-Li and Strider Hiryu are the speed characters, and Zangief and Jin are the power characters. Ryu can transform into Ken, but there wasn't any room for him on the actual roster.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Producer Ryota Niitsuma wanted to include only one character per series. Ryu is from SF1, Chun-Li is from SFII, and Alex is from SFIII.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Niitsuma didn't want to include characters who are too similar to one another. Ken would have been considered too similar to Ryu.

Again, the Vs. games are not a litmus test for anything. Zero made the TvC and MvC3 rosters over X, but that doesn't mean X is expendable from the Mega Man X series.

Also I'm not saying they are definitely going to leave him out or even that he won't be in at all, I'm merely stating it's a possibility he might not be in the starting roster.
Anything is possible, but you shouldn't throw the word "expendable" around. There are something like 20+ games with "Street Fighter" in the title, and Ken is playable in every single one of them. That's the exact opposite of expendable. It's not Street Fighter without Ken.

Dubz

If they do add Blanka (Which I don't see happening unless Ono bent over backwards to force it) he will play nothing like he has before and I'm guessing they will aim to make him where he is not hated like in SFIV haha.
So Blanka confirmed.

Just give Ryu a red suit and blonde hair as an alt colour. Scrubs won't know the difference.

Marvel_vs_Capcom_Ken--article_image.jpg

Capcom already do that

petghost

Banned
Loved Xian's Nash, so dynamic and definitely reminds me of SF3. Which means Makoto would be perfect in this game, give her some close range parries.

Lol imagine makoto damage and stun in a game with already fucking crazy damage and stun.

For real tho get makoto in.

Some of you guys are babies with Ken. There are other cool characters that you will eventually gravitate to if he doesn't make it in.

Try exploring some of the characters.

Street Fighter V is rumored to have 16 characters, which is in line with previous games in the series. There’s still room for Ken.

Street Fighter - 12 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter II - 12 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter Alpha - 13 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter III - 11 characters, including Ken
Street Fighter IV - 19 characters, including Ken
There's room for anyone and everyone really, but we need to remember that with each installment the cast has grown and that there's always new characters being added too.

Do I think Ken is gonna be totally absent from SFV? Not at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the initial roster.

bon

If Ken isn't in the game at launch he will definitely be one of the first DLC characters. There's just no way they're leaving Ken out of a mainline SF.

Clawww

I'd like him back, personally, but the real reason they should avoid it is because there would just be so much bitching about Ken not being in. like, yeah, it's a 'good idea' to make him DLC but it's also scummy enough that people would raise a fuss, but then again, I guess a few whiny forum threads don't really mean shit compared to the cash it would generate, especially if they've got some really cool stuff for him

AdaWong

I'm not saying Ken is gonna be in or not, but it would be really funny if he ends up being left out and re-reading some posts here that are so sure he'll be back. :3

Shackzam

With the way they have been saying that they want every character to be distinctly different, it would seem that Ken would probably be cut until whatever update comes along with him it because of Ryu already being in the game. There are a lot of characters that deserved to be in, but Ken sitting this out would not be a surprise for me. This Ken desperation gets really annoying to me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom