• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V introducing "PS4 Console Exclusive Game" branding

Just how angry are you about the SFV PS4 Console Exclusive branding?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Asd202

Quick edit
W0YDG4t.jpg

Lmao

mejin

Microsoft introduced this messed up "exclusive BS" this gen, specially with Titanfall. Look it's exclusive to XB (but PC version too, just not on PS4 lol).

I feel Sony took it to heart cause we're in a very dumb situation nowadays.

Glad that's there to help with any confusion. Once we figure out what's considered a console we can move on to the next big problem plaguing the game industry.

Heartfyre

Anyone who thinks the phrase is a lie or misleading needs to improve their language skills. It makes perfect sense while also being succinct. That phrase makes it very clear that it's not available on any other console. It doesn't need to explicitly mention PC. There's nothing to argue here.

If you just think it's ugly or cheap, then you have a valid argument.

The game is on PC that's why, even though it's not a "console", the game is still there. Most of people that are not informed and read this will really think that the game is not on PC.

Only if people (mis)interpret it as "exclusive to the PlayStation console", which of course you could argue that some will.

Anyway, it looks crappy and I kinda don't want game boxes cluttered with marketing fluff. Might as well make sure things like "first on PlayStation" and "exclusive PlayStation multiplayer maps" are added too.

DryvBy

The game is on PC that's why, even though it's not a "console", the game is still there. Most of people that are not informed and read this will really think that the game is not on PC.

Then those people are stupid.

I don't see anything wrong with this. It's marketing. Sitting on my shelf, I doubt I'll ever notice it.

Very cleverly done. Looks like it's a complete exclusive. Genius who ever designed it. I predict this will blow up into pages upon pages of how it's shady

BadWolf

Meh, it makes sense.

We know what's up but we are more of a minority, most people who will just walk in and look/buy won't have followed the game like we did. The more 'exclusive' stuff Sony has up on the displays the better it makes the PS4's library look.

FelipeMGM

People bothered by this prob wont even play the game. If they are playing, they know its PS4 and PC

A cooler idea would be to make exclusive games have a completely different colored box. Instead of blue, why not make it yellow or metallic black or something? It would help it stand out and get the point across.

Hell no, you want to screw up my shelf? Plus, Blue is the color for everything Playstation now.

It is Street Fighter... not some small fighting franchise lol

Killer Instinct was a strategic move on part of MS to move more consoles and establish a bigger following in the FGC. Like I said lets not have a pissing contest we both know SF5 is the king of the hill. This move is about perception. MS was the dominant fighting game console last gen for one reason. The online was more stable. The perception from many in the fighting community was that 360 was a better console for fighting games. I have to agree with that notion. SF5 as an exclusive changes the conversation totally.

I doubt this will be on every PS console exclusive game, only the one's Sony cares about. I'd be surprised if this was on Nights of Azure or Digimon.

Warxard

Banned
I wonder if the average consumer even pays attention to those labels.

I doubt this will be on every PS console exclusive game, only the one's Sony cares about. I'd be surprised if this was on Nights of Azure or Digimon.

Digimon will have "Only on PlayStation." Likely.

That addition is somewhat silly, but I can understand that they want to advertise this to the general public.

It should just not turn into something dishonest like this:
Like the old 360 boxes!

w5vyknW.jpg

Which needs the disclaimer *right now, but not anymore in x months

Though with SF I won't be surprised if SFVTurboAlphaSuper is a multiplatform release :p

mejin

Well, they can only do it in games with some kinda deal, a contract I mean. Nights and Digimon are 3rd party games, they can go multi if publishers desire.

driver116

Nothing will beat this, though:

D36EA55A-E62C-8851-C29F1DE2BE429462.png

Wish NoE was more consistent with its usage back in the day, though - no third-party GameCube exclusives were marked by this label in Europe while Twilight Princess (Wii+GCN release) was, for some reason.

Could this be averted by some sort of "Only on Microsoft" phrase?

Much better than the ugly NTSC version, yuk.

Eggbok

That addition is somewhat silly, but I can understand that they want to advertise this to the general public.

Though with SF I won't be surprised if SFVTurboAlphaSuper is a multiplatform release :p

On PS4 and PC? True :p
Thankfully there won't be any etra editions this time.

Spinifex

The way that is phrased and the sizing of the fonts indicate to me 'This game is exclusive to the PS4 console'.

I mean, it's obviously intended to allude to that perception. It's why the whole slimy 'console exclusive' language exists in the first place.

Let's clarify a bit, dishonest is not actually fitted after I read all the posts but I still think that can leads to confusion to misinformed people, I think it would be better if it just says "CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE".

Well not that it matters anyway, the game is crossplay, so I can still beat my friend on PS4 / PC

Chobel

The way that is phrased and the sizing of the fonts indicate to me 'This game is exclusive to the PS4 console'.

I mean, it's obviously intended to allude to that perception. It's why the whole slimy 'console exclusive' language exists in the first place.

How exactly? Seriously asking here.

Metfanant

That's extremeley dishonest IMO

Nope

Doesn't make sense. It reads like "PS4 CONSOLE" + "exclusive game". So, it looks like it's a game exclusive to PS4. It would have been better to put the words "console exclusive" together.

Sony knew exactly what they were doing when creating this label lol

FelipeMGM

Nintendo did it in the heyday with certain titles (Zelda being a gold cart). And to this day we stil talk about how cool they look :)

Yeah, and the yellow cartridge for DK64 and the black one for KI SNES are awesome too. But that goes inside the box, doing it on the outside its confusing. TBH I dont like the recent cases with Mario Maker (Yellow Box) and others.

I would love that with the NX Nintendo goes for red boxes as default, having a main color for each console.

Warxard

Banned
I love how aggressive this shit sounds too. "this game is a PS4 console exclusive." It's like someone yelling in your ear telling you to forget about the PC version

Nope.

See you at SF6.

You should be surprised because both parties have stated numerous times that no version of SFV will ever come to Xbox.

Guess Who

Banned
I honestly don't know why anyone but console warriors would give a shit about this. The level of salt from certain people about this is kind of unnecessary. Save your sodium for something that matters.

Top Bottom