• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun and Moon August 12th Update Possibly Leaked: The Redemption of Raichu

Kyzer

Banned
The only thread title change should be one including Thanos, don't give in to this spoilerphobia bullshit

And I love that Raichu, no longer the ugly older brother

not everything is spoilerphobia lol

getting mad about finding out the ending of a 20 year old movie is spoilerphobia

getting mad about finding out the main villain of a franchise is in the movie of the franchise is spoilerphobia

getting mad about finding out new characters in a game that isnt out yet can be actual normal spoilers. spoilers are a real thing lol...im a slut for pokemon news so i dont care but I can see how it would suck if you were trying to keep everything a surprise

Sou Da

One of the new trainers from Team Skull, looks interesting

CphzurbWEAA-li3.jpg:large
Navel tattoo

Day -1 doujin in the works.

I go out for a run and I come home to leaks, wtf TPCi, what's going on?

Anyway, I like everything shown. Electric/Psychic is an interesting type, design is ok. Wishiwashi is amazing, I love the concept behind the ability. The Mushroom is a great design, but I wish it was Poison/Fairy. I really need to see the cucumber in action.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why are Alola's Pokemon so round?

Gengahrrr

What if Wishiwashi's level corresponds to how many individual Wishiwashi make up the school form?

Ex: a lv.25 would be smaller than a lv. 100

Wishiwashi looks tight... but that Raichu....

At first I thought it was Fairy.... but its Psychic?.... What will that solve really?

You know given we've seen a couple I've only just twigged; they sure want to give Zen Mode type things a second chance.

I wonder if you can cancel Wishiwashi's school form by using moves that suppress abilities
I think it will be like Aegislash whose Stance change can't be overwritten.

Of course it probably means Ditto will be fucked (a Ditto, Mew or Smeargle that transforms into Aegislash doesn't get to stance change so here if it comes in too soon it will be stuck as the school-less version of Wishiwashi).

It also means Wishiwashi effectively doesn't have an ability.

clemenx

Banned
Wait a sec

Even though it's not listed, maybe Wishiwashi [School Form] has its own ability. I mean, it's already "schooled" together, so perhaps it can now boast a different ability? That would put it on par with a proper evolution.

This is a good guess. Maybe you can only see the School's ability in the status window while in battle.

I wouldn't mind just straight up stats tho. I like how it reinforces that it isn't an evolution but several little fishes helping.

DPPT is considered one of the tougher gens and Mars only had two Pokémon when your fought first.

Pruggly was a bit of a beast I admit. Not too hard with monferno, but the other starters could easily have a bad time for that fight.

Also in the video with Wishiwashi, that's some really nice water for the 3DS. I'm just liking that the game generally looks really pleasant and really cohesive aesthetically. It's a great aesthetic they're conveying.

Moonlight

Banned
No, they'd specify if it required a certain arena.

Besides, there are no water arenas online.

I don't think they'd make a form like Wishiwashi's school form completely unusable when battling other people.
Good points.

And with that in mind I think what makes Wishiwashi different from other 'same but more' (and therefore why it's not considered a new evolution) Pokemon is that stuff like Magnemite or Barbaracle are literally conjoined creatures. The one Wishiwashi that you caught is always the same Wishiwashi, it just calls its' school in to help after a certain point, so no Pokemon are actually changing or modifying its' biology in this arrangement, and it's not permanent.

Kinsei

Banned
Plumeira fanart should be hitting the internet within the next hour :p

Oh was this confirmed? I always thought this was one of the big mysteries of the Pokemon fandom.

Here's some Pokedex entries.

Gold
Its three heads bob separately up and down to loosen the soil nearby, making it easier for it to burrow.

Ruby/Sapphire
DUGTRIO are actually triplets that emerged from one body. As a result, each triplet thinks exactly like the other two triplets. They work cooperatively to burrow endlessly.

Emerald
Because the triplets originally split from one body, they think exactly alike. They work cooperatively to burrow endlessly through the ground.

D/P/Pt
Its three heads move alternately, driving it through tough soil to depths of over 60 miles.

HG
Its three heads bob separately up and down to loosen the soil nearby, making it easier for it to burrow.

B/W/B2/W2
Its three heads move alternately, driving it through tough soil to depths of over 60 miles.

Neiteio

Yeah, it's clear the intent with Wishwashi is to show it's one Pokemon who temporarily calls in others to boost its power. The other fish join at the start of battle and they fight together as a school until the end. I just wonder if it misses out on anything by not having an additional ability to supplement its (presumed) increase in stats.

Joqu

Why are Alola's Pokemon so round?

I guess I'm not the only one to have noticed huh! I noticed a general change to the artwork at first though there's definitely a design one too with all the roundness and I was thinking it was just an art style change on Sugimori 's end for a while, he's been drawing his humans more round for a while anyway. But people pointed out it could be another Pokemon artist being in charge, I forgot his name again. Maybe a bit of both because he does seem to be doing the final art for some of the Pokemon still, looking at the brush work. So behind the scenes the reason's probably something alongside those lines.

Hard to tell if the roundness is going to be the new thing from now on or just an Alola thing though. Wouldn't be surprised if it's just the latter, it does give it a unique vibe.

Top Bottom