• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

It's canon
in Horizon's playthrough

fyhXiNR.gif

diaspora

Not in the midst of E3, no, the Demo is from a while before E3, we've known this for some time now.

I'm saying that they took the current version they had around april/may, polished it up, localised it and used it for the demo.

It's perfectly plausible that they were in the process of making sure every character couldn't duck whilst dashing (I doubt they added in crouch cancelling and then removed it, it's more like they just created the code for dashing and then found out you could still crouch and didn't like it so decided to start removing it) when they took the build to make the demo with.

But at the same time, you'd think the movement code would be part of some parent class inherited by all the characters whose own attributes affect how it works, so it's peculiar that Bowser would have it at all.

Maybe only specific characters will be able to crouch cancel now, but it seems like it would be better to just give everyone the ability, and it seems like we would have seen other characters able to do it (There's also the fact that he couldn't do it on the WiiU version as far as I know).

No, I'd see it as more likely that it as a mechanic is going to be left not exclusively for Bowser but for any character that could use it as a balancing element.

what if the leaker thought Robin was Shulk? :eek:

just kiddin.

GamerSoul pls

For a second there, I thought something happened or was announced. :(

Why would I put a sad face? I'd be happy! Lol.

Still mad I was late to calling for that. I don't think I was even with SmashGAF yet or at least wasn't aware lol

If you had time to call for Main Unit of FE:A, then I think you had the chance, maybe you had no interest towards her at that moment. XD

I still think the "secret project" that the Shulk VA is working on is Xenoblade Chronicles X and not Smash 4. There is a picture of a character that looks a lot like Shulk.

i gotta wonder are some people hating on chrom cuz of the whole gematsu leak or because they just out right hate him as a character :T personally i dont mind him but....

tumblr_n4eqcwsu4m1sw8d3mo1_1280.png

Dark Pit confirmed.

This was a tweet from last year. Don't take it too seriously.

sakurai's love for figures is awesome lol

Jaeger

If Brawl didn't have random tripping, it would still be a very similar game to how it is now.

Simplifying the issues in Brawl to tripping ignores other huge issues like the safety of the ledge, the brokeness of Metaknight, the lack of punishment for making a mistake (Save for infinite grabs), and the increased landing lag for all aerials. Then there are really silly things like random input.

I just want to clarify that I agree Brawl had a multitude of issues. However, tripping, something completely random and uncontrollable. Something you can factor in strategically is the main reason. Not sole.

Sorry if I came off as sarcastic or anything. I actually agree with you here.

I don't think we should write it off. I just don't have a lot of hope that any of the already reworked core mechanics will be overhauled again. The hope is that we all learn to play to the strengths of the new game and make it exciting on its own terms.

Not meant to be much of an argument I guess, since I don't have a very strong point. I guess I'm just saying that we have reasons to be both positive and negative, but assuming the best is just as farfetched to me as assuming the worst.

In my opinion, it's way too early to tell any one way. Unless characters are randomly falling on the floor again, the alarms a small select few are raising (and their sheep like followers) I ridculous.

That's all I'm saying.

i gotta wonder are some people hating on chrom cuz of the whole gematsu leak or because they just out right hate him as a character :T personally i dont mind him but....

I wasn't too excited for him, playstyle wise. I love his look though, it's really awesome and definitely stood out from Marth/Ike in colors.

But Robin coming in taking that spot? That was for a greater addition than to what Chrom would have been.

nah, Chrom was always a rather bland blue-hair (male) sword-wielding lord even before Gematsu, so it's not like many people really wanted him

I wasn't too excited for him, playstyle wise. I love his look though, it's really awesome and definitely stood out from Marth/Ike in colors.

But Robin coming in taking that spot? That was for a greater addition than to what Chrom would have been.

o i definitely think robin in the end was the better choice. And i even thought lucina also fit a bit more as well but the backlash the fans have been giving him as of late has been kinda weird as a whole :T maybe im just over thinking it lol

nah, Chrom was always a rather bland blue-hair (male) sword-wielding lord even before Gematsu, so it's not like many people really wanted him

tbh i wouldnt have minded if it went either way and personally while chrom didnt really have anything really that great in the main story what really made him stand out to me was his conversations with his friends its the same with lucina and basically the entire fe:a cast (which is why i would buy a fighting game with fe characters lol) but of course opinions and all that :p

Neoxon

tumblr_n4eqcwsu4m1sw8d3mo1_1280.png

Dark Pit confirmed.

This was a tweet from last year. Don't take it too seriously.
Just throwing this out there, Charizard is solo in this shot. Plus there WAS that dry-erase drawing from early on in Smash 4's development with a bunch of characters that ended up in the game.

Berordn

I feel like the general consensus was that everyone had resigned themselves to Chrom because A) FE playable character tradition making him the likely choice and B) Gematsu, and virtually everyone preferred the idea of Robin or Lucina over him.

Now everyone wins :3

Thorakai

Has the male Wii Fit Trainer voice been revealed yet? I can see Dark Pit just serving as an alternate costume with an accompanying voice change.

No one commented on my Shulk discussion. Sad day.

At least I still have you, Lucina.

which was it? thread moves kinda fast
d"oh near the middle of the page :T sorry*

as for the whole shulk in x thing i dont know while the inital x reveal showed what seemed like shulk after seeing elma in e3, i think they are more similar. And personally if shulk was in i would have figured they would have promoted that fact since he was a main character.

I am still kinda hoping the gematsu leak is real as well tbh i would like to see shulk or some kind of xenoblade rep and i do find an RH rep to be quite interesting character wise :p

Riki

I talked about the possibility of Shulk's VA's secret project just being Xenoblade Chronicles X and not Smash 4. It honestly seems likely. There is an image from Xenoblade Chronicles X that looks like him.

Or it could be any number of games. He's done more than just Shulk.

batfax

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was a tease.

Also does that Samus figure have articulation?

Yes. It's a Figma, which is a brand that caters to collectors and is well known for having pretty good articulation and accessory counts. It's also getting a re-release later this year I think.

Pappasman

In my opinion, it's way too early to tell any one way. Unless characters are randomly falling on the floor again, the alarms a small select few are raising (and their sheep like followers) I ridculous.

That's all I'm saying.

Nobody is making judgement calls on the final product, we all recognize it is a work in progress and that the final game will be different. But to write off people's concerns about mechanics is unfair. The game was played and people noticed things they didn't like and shared them. They are not concerns "a select few" are raising. Those issues JoeInky brought up a couple pages back are not minor things. Movement options are what makes smash fun and gives depth to competitive play.

These are valid concerns to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom