• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Swery confirms D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die coming to PC #ThanksObama

So what was the consensus on controls. Kinect or controller better?

Kinect was fucking awful for this game if you have anyone else (even a dog) in the room. It kept picking them up and messing up my actions.

Mouse controls should be perfect for this. But it played just fine with a controller.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Both are awful. Get used to every single movement you make draining stamina. The game was interesting but the controls and how the game operates are just terrible.

Well, thankfully, being on PC you'll be able to lock stamina to max with Cheat Engine!

Nillansan

Day zero. I recently 100 percented Deadly Premonition on Steam and now I am craving even more of that Swery flavoured gaming goodness.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Man, this was the only game I had for Xbone, and I haven't even played it yet... and I guess now I'll just play it on PC.

Kind of feels charitable to buy Swery's game twice.

Steel

Banned
I heard the game flopped on Xbox One, so that's good news that it's being given another chance. I'd pick it up.

re: Sony platforms - If my read on things is right (e.g. don't quote me on this) it's not so much about who pisses who off as it is Access Games would pretty much have to buy the rights to the IP from Microsoft so they can do whatever they want with it.

I don't think that'd be cheap. I'd rather that budget went into more episodes. Can't win em all.

I'm pretty sure access own it. But ms funded it and would have to give their permission for it to happen which I doubt they will.

Like Alan wake, I suspect this is happening because ms said they could do it, which unless they terminate their publishing relationship and say access can do what they want they won't be releasing it on Playstation.

I loved the idea of a different game but when I played it I just could not enjoy the gameplay. It's a shame too because the world and cutscenes are amusing.

I think this game could have done fine on the Xbox had the Spencer regime not seen fit to throw it out randomly like it was garbage with no advertising or support.

But they didn't, and it didn't do well, so I hope it finds success on PC.

I think this game could have done fine on the Xbox had the Spencer regime not seen fit to throw it out randomly like it was garbage with no advertising or support.

But they didn't, and it didn't do well, so I hope it finds success on PC.

Iirc swery said something about wanting to launch it apple style I think.

After being held hostage on the XBone this is definitely what the game needs. Will probably buy.

Held hostage… by the people who make the game happen in the first place by funding it? Strange definition of held hostage.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Held hostage… by the people who make the game happen in the first place by funding it? Strange definition of held hostage.

I meant it's a game that is too niche to be successful on any one platform. It needs all the exposure it can get.

You could say it was born in captivity, I guess.

Parsnip

Lets hope the port is decent. Word from the build they had at PAX(?) was that it seemed good.
It's UE4 after all.
Or UE3? Either way.

tsab

YES, I am in. I still haven't managed to finish Deadly Premonition though
PC version problems
and I don't want to touch my PS3 copy because of framerate.

Let's hope they will handle the port better

VkvxtEB.gif

interesting, i might pick this up

Orayn

Now is a good time to repost this image that got several dozen favs and retweets when he first hinted at a PC version.

WUwG7zP.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Good things come to those who wait has been the theme for games lately. Grats to the people that were interested, I know there was a movement on gaf to try to get this game more sales, this should help.

Top Bottom