• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT7| Luigi took our stare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

yes and no...

do not play episode 2. ever. that shit is trash

but they do 'elaborate' on certain events. its there. but its not a huge tie in... think of it as the prometheus to alien.

episode 3 is really good though. that's where you start seeing a lot of the tie ins.

and yes. the game is challenging. 'git gud noob' is all there is for a manual (don't even bother upgrading the mechs in ep 1. its a money trap.)

How will I understand anything in ep. 3 tho?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Remembering how scary Ebola is.

Ebola was that disease parents used to scare the shit out of us when we were kids. Not malaria. Not tuberculosis. Not whooping cough. Not dysentry.

Ebola.

Yeah that shit is frightening.

And Alpha Protocol is one of the best damn games I played last gen. That Russia fight tho. So good.

What makes it so good is that how you approach the game gives you different choices. Like if you help out this cat in Taiwan, when you fight the Russian boss you have the choice to taint his drugs that he snorts during the fight. Or if you team with one faction certain events play out WAY different. Choice truly matters in this game. So damn good.

Didn't really like the combat/stealth of Alpha Protocol, but I kept playing it anyway cuz the writing/conversation system was so good. Definitely worth the $7.99 I bought it for.

someone needs to tell these new shows that take place in the past (Manhattan) to not be so dam slow at the start

nvm this show got slightly more interesting 32 minutes in

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
and i just ran over a cat on the way back home. i swear dude was fucking airborne coming out of this bush on the side of the road. nothing i could've done.

How will I understand anything in ep. 3 tho?

episode 3 acknowledges how trash episode 2 was and gives you a loaded database (probably one of the best i've ever seen - especially given the amount of content). it also over explains at times without being shitty about it

its not perfect - episode 2 has a 3 dope ass scenes that are really the only selling points of the game.

Albedo is one of the best damned villains in JRPGs and he gets no love. Episode 2 is his party. Its just that the combat system is atrocious. If you can deal, go ahead but it was Magna Carta bad imo.

Also, Xenosaga is censored as FUCK. Its violent, yeah. But some of the shit is really pushing the envelope in the disturbing sectors. MOMO's whole fucking life, anytime Albedo is on the screen, Vergil, anyone that cares about Shion, random soldiers getting bodied... it was some shit.

KumaJG

Its really that good. And I picked it up used for 5 bucks. Just don't go through the game guns blazing because Sega didn't have money to polish (finish) that action for the game at all lol.

underrated gem of last gen imo

and kuma - play xenosaga ep 1 and 3. classic shit

I'll definitely check it out if I when ps2 or it popped up on the psn before then.

"Ok, let's catch up on the thr--"

You aren't fit to lick the creampie that happens on the towel after I fuck Timedog.

2h6t0r5-1.gif

TLoU looks damn good on the PS4.
Will check out GotG later.

I wish people would open their minds a little more before they spout off stuff about racism or stupidity. I commented on a YT vid about being surprised about seeing a foreign white girl praising Scarface. Some dudes assumed I was being racist and what not, without thinking about possible living environment I grew up in.

Plenty of you here are black and I know I'm not the only one who's heard of a bunch of thugs/drug dealers and dudes in the barbershops praise Scarface along with almost ever rapper that showed up on MTV Cribs having it in their home and how it probably appeals to them because they're fascinated with the fast money and all the ignorant stuff that's reflects into their own communities, but nah it has to be racism or me being stupid.

DY_nasty

that nas smiley always kills me

like he just sipped the most refreshing sprite of all time

I promise I will try some this week. For some reason it never crossed my mind.

Chicken and Waffles ain't that good, bruh.

I mean, it can be amazing, but it isn't' just some natural combination that will make it worth while no matter where you get it. Choose carefully.

DY_nasty

Beside Alpha Protocol, can you guys recommend some hidden gems for the ps3.

The entire Tales series really. People keep sleeping Tales games but Vesperia (PS3 import), Graces F, and Xillia are all damned solid RPGs.

Catherine is an amazing game that you can find for cheap now too. Its a puzzle game, yeah, but even if you don't fuck puzzle games - you'll fuck with this one.

Vanquish. Play fuck. Fuckstart faces because you're awesome.

I can think of more in a few. Those rush to the front of my mind though.

OT - if you have a PSP or Vita, God Eater > Monster Hunter imo. Shit is awesome.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
kingdom hearts just made me burn through nearly half of my cigarette pack, Jesus christ. fuck Atlantica so much

kingdom hearts is worth it for the colosseum. the ice titan getting absolutely ruined is one of my favorite parts of the first game

KumaJG

The entire Tales series really. People keep sleeping Tales games but Vesperia (PS3 import), Graces F, and Xillia are all damned solid RPGs.

Catherine is an amazing game that you can find for cheap now too. Its a puzzle game, yeah, but even if you don't fuck puzzle games - you'll fuck with this one.

Vanquish. Play fuck. Fuckstart faces because you're awesome.

I can think of more in a few. Those rush to the front of my mind though.

OT - if you have a PSP or Vita, God Eater > Monster Hunter imo. Shit is awesome.

I will be playing my first Tales(symphonia chronicles) game soonish. Definitely catch Catherine on the next psn discount.

Enzom21

People getting exposed left and right in that "negro" thread.

This shitbird?
Someone went and did some good digging, haha.

Firstly, I don't feel that a random black person chosen solely for their proximity to my current location should be a representative to the entirety of the black population. But most importantly, I'm tired of people having to tip toe around what others may take offense to. It's pretty ludicrous. I demand that henceforth people stop referring to potatoes as potatoes because they're largely associated with a negative stereotype pertaining to the Irish. To avoid possibly making the Irish uncomfortable from this day forward, we should really call "potatoes" dirt nuggets from now on.

Speaking of being insensitive, referring to someone as a "dick" and/or using that term in a derogatory manner is offensive to men. Men as a people have suffered through enough without having their genitalia shoved in their face.

Because in that case, calling somebody "gay" when you're upset with them is an obvious attempt to be insulting to that person. Now if someone really is gay and I'm using that descriptor while describing them, then it's not an insult. It's simply a part of who that person is.

I think the first post you linked isn't overly radical. If you dress in a fashion representative of "thug life" people are going to draw that mental association, possibly responding to you more aggressively than someone dressed as an "upstanding citizen". That's not to say that I endorse that possibility, but I don't inherently believe that everything in the world can be contributed to racism. As to the second link, can you dispute it? Native Africans were in the business of selling other rival native Africans to the whites. It was business to them. Does pointing out historically accurate facts upset black people now too?

On an unrelated note.
http://www.pinterest.com/source/illumistrations.tumblr.com/
http://illumistrations.tumblr.com/illustrationportfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom