• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez..people are really going overboard with Arrow hate :D

It went from my #2 favorite show every single week(after Person of Interest)
to moments i'd seriously consider the worst I have ever seen on tv(felicity getting out of the wheelchair and walking out the door.)

Back in S2 i would have told you Arrow's world was better than Nolan's by far and that scene when superpowers first showed up(Grundy scene) was one of my favorite tv moments.

Now its just, "how much is it going to disappoint this week"

Joni

Why's that?

Because it is an instance of tell, not show. Even at those bad moments in Arrow and The 100 you point out, they were showing. Here, they are simply telling us that Jay was manipulating them. It would be like saying Cisco becoming Reverb next episode and saying they switched place on Earth-2. Or a crime procedural showing four people that could have committed murder and then saying without any evidence why obviously the fifth one did.

PreFire

Talk about deleted scenes, here's a
Superman
and
Aqua Man
reference.

http://youtu.be/nnJANn1Zu38

These
heroes exist
in arrowverse according to the deleted scene.

I think
Superman does indeed exist in this universe, but he's just in his young, hiding stage...

KonradLaw

If you think Arrow/Supergirl is bad, just wait until you see season 3 of The 100.

:(

What? But first two seasons were some of the best thing CW ever did. Heck. S2 was THE best CW show of all time. Easily. Like holy hell that show was so damn good. I've been staying away from S3 because I prefer to watch those shows on binges. Are you saying it got bad?

Kyoufu

What? But first two seasons were some of the best thing CW ever did. Heck. S2 was THE best CW show of all time. Easily. Like holy hell that show was so damn good. I've been staying away from S3 because I prefer to watch those shows on binges. Are you saying it got bad?

It got Arrow-ed. Not joking.

Because it is an instance of tell, not show. Even at those bad moments in Arrow and The 100 you point out, they were showing. Here, they are simply telling us that Jay was manipulating them. It would be like saying Cisco becoming Reverb next episode and saying they switched place on Earth-2. Or a crime procedural showing four people that could have committed murder and then saying without any evidence why obviously the fifth one did.

But Joni, you've been shown his deceit the entire time. It was just done in subtle ways where you had to figure it out for yourself, and some of us here had him figured it out long before the identity reveal.

Your Reverb scenario wouldn't work if you rewatched the season from the beginning, whereas if you go back to when Jay was introduced, you'll see how he was lying the entire time.

Xemnas89

Every time I see this topic on the front page I come in hoping to see a new trailer. This time last year we were getting big trailers previewing the last set of episodes and I keep waiting for them to do the same this year.

Just watched that Supergirl episode, boy that show is terrible. Makes Arrow look good.
It was bad and super corny in the worst way but it was still was more fun than the average Arrow episode in the last two seasons.
Talk about deleted scenes, here's a
Superman
and
Aqua Man
reference.

http://youtu.be/nnJANn1Zu38

These
heroes exist
in arrowverse according to the deleted scene.

I think
Superman does indeed exist in this universe, but he's just in his young, hiding stage...

This has been brought up before, it was a reference to
Cyrus Gold who was the villain of the two episodes, not Superman. The talking to fish thing certainly could be but that was something that didn't pan out.

Skux

Recap for new thread:

- Supergirl/Flash crossover was fun but a bad way to introduce Flash fans to Supergirl. It was too crowded and didn't do either hero justice. Supergirl has provided dramatic and comic book moments as good as any in the Flash, and it's far better than what Arrow is now.

- The 100 Season 3 started off slow but I really like where the show is heading now. There's only so many times you can do "desperate survival" before it becomes tiresome, and I'm glad they're heading down different routes of political intrigue and sci-fi mystery.

- Gotham is actually the strongest comic book show on TV right now, DC or Marvel. It terms of characters and consistency of tone and storytelling, it outshines everything else on the box by a substantial margin.

KonradLaw

- Gotham is actually the strongest comic book show on TV right now, DC or Marvel. It terms of characters and consistency of tone and storytelling, it outshines everything else on the box by a substantial margin.

Imagine if year ago somebody would told us this would happen. He would be considered crazy
e02de7f0-4d98-0133-8f14-0e17bac22e39.gif

Maddocks

Gotham is great if you know nothing about Gordon and Batman. I'm pretty confident that it is actually the real earth 3 where everyone is a bad guy.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Gotham is actually the strongest comic book show on TV right now, DC or Marvel. It terms of characters and consistency of tone and storytelling, it outshines everything else on the box by a substantial margin.

Not anywhere in the multiverse is Gotham better than iZombie.

The only way out of this is if you use the Vertigo loophole.

Kyoufu

You know, it occurred to me that Barry actually told Eobard his plan failed when they faced off at Mercury Labs in the Reverse Flash Returns episode, so why didn't the Eobard (Wells) he encountered in the last episode figure out that Barry lied to him when he said he tricked him?

Plot hole or...?

You know, it occurred to me that Barry actually told Eobard his plan failed when they faced off at Mercury Labs in the Reverse Flash Returns episode, so why didn't the Eobard (Wells) he encountered in the last episode figure out that Barry lied to him when he said he tricked him?

Plot hole or...?
I think he cares more about getting home than killing Barry, and Barry told him he did successfully make it home.

Oddduck

Honestly, iZombie and Gotham are underrated comic book shows. I'm really happy that they are both getting season 3's.

And of course, The Flash is still one of my favorite shows.

Plot hole or...?

Different Eobard. As of right now, thanks to the singularity, there's 2 Eobards. There's pre-Singularity, Eobard Wells, and post singularity, Eobard Thawn. The guy Barry fights in Mercury Labs never turns into Eobard Wells. The one that did doesn't exist anymore except in the past.

In short:

speedforce.gif

+ timey wimey bullshit

ZeroX03

Banned
Different Eobard. As of right now, thanks to the singularity, there's 2 Eobards. There's pre-Singularity, Eobard Wells, and post singularity, Eobard Thawn. The guy Barry fights in Mercury Labs never turns into Eobard Wells. The one that did doesn't exist anymore except in the past.

I'm not sure it's exactly like that, Eobard Thawne was protected by Speed Force but we saw he has to roughly do the same things as the original timeline or Cisco becomes a time ghost (not to be mistaken for a space ghost). I think it's more that the time loop hasn't quite closed properly so Eobard Wells hadn't learned about the betrayal yet. So they're the same person but out of sync.

Still speed force, ain't gotta explain shit.

Volimar

In short:

speedforce.gif

+ timey wimey bullshit

DPLHiXo.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't think it was mentioned, but one of the producers a week ago said if there were to be a Kara on Earth-1 (Arrowverse), she'd definitely be an alien, just not Supergirl. Hmmm I wonder who that could be?
Felicitygirl!

Xemnas89

I don't think it was mentioned, but one of the producers a week ago said if there were to be a Kara on Earth-1 (Arrowverse), she'd definitely be an alien, just not Supergirl. Hmmm I wonder who that could be?
Felicitygirl!

Sounds like she could probably be a girl with power.

Maximo

Recap for new thread:

Gave Gotham a Rest half way through Season 1, does it get better? Im hearing good things about Season 2.

Gave Gotham a Rest half way through Season 1, does it get better? Im hearing good things about Season 2.
Yes. Season 2 is way better. It seems to be following Arrow's original trajectory: weak-to-mediocre season 1, followed by a really strong season 2. Hopefully it deviates from that path next season.

I think

That could have been the plan initially, but Barry pointing out that nobody from Star Labs exists in Supergirl's Universe makes me think that very few DC comics characters exist across both worlds. I'd bet there's probably a pre-Black Canary Dinah Lance on Supergirl's Earth now that she's dead on Arrow, but that's probably as far as they go.

It's still good. But you'll be WTFing at some character decisions.

KonradLaw

It's still good. But you'll be WTFing at some character decisions.

Ughh. That's worrying to hear. Probably the best thing about first two season of The 100 was that characters were making incredibly hard decisions, but you always knew where they were coming from and those decisions always had huge impacts on future developments of characters. It was like a textbook example of how do motivation and characters growth right.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't want Barry and Cisco to date, it'll just be Barry keep secrets and acting shitty to him for no good reason to stall until Iris.

Cisco's fine just hitting and quitting all the guest star girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom