• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian confirmed for TGS 2015 - Interact with Trico's AI on a big screen

Alo0oy

Banned
I completely agree with you, but we could just go on media blackout. No reason for them not to give new footage to the folks who want it. There are some cases where even if you do so you can end up getting spoiled, like for example I assume people who are on a Persona 5 media blackout already know how every character revealed so far looks from people's avatars and gifs being posted everywhere, but I can't see it being a thing for this game. If you don't watch the trailers, you should be good.

Yeah, I'm being selfish here, but TPP year long media blackout exhausted me, dodging trailers and any talk about them was not easy, so I selfishly want Sony to keep this easy on me.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's weird to me that there's nothing new being shown at TGS, but maybe Sony would rather save it for PSX. Has Japan been clamoring for this game the way NA and EU have?

Exactly. TLG is far too big a deal internationally to get a big push at TGS. Especially given how heavily the show and the Japanese market it services are into the mobile space versus the traditional console market.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It'll be fascinating to see where Ueda takes the Trico AI - I like how his games all feature AI companions of some sort (Yorda, Agro) and don't let you control them directly. There's always some communication needed between the player character and their companion which I think makes them more interesting to play.

Hopefully your character will also control like Ico and Wander - I like the sense that you are controlling a distinct character whose movement is not superheroic.

So this game is never coming out...

I feel your pain but any news is good news.
They could have shown a blank piece of paper with the last guardian written on it and i would be satisfied.
2016, 2017, 2018 or even 2019, at this point i don't care so long as it's being worked on.

jayu26

I don't know where is this Trico is going to die for sure "downbeat ending" is coming from. Ico has one of the most upbeat ending for that type of game. Shadow of the Colossus has chaos, but also hope at the end.

jayu26

Ico dreaming on the boat, per the words of Ueda himself.
Doesn't look like a dream to me.
I want to read the context in which he said it. Honestly, it doesn't feels like that was the intention at all. Why even have that scene if that is the case?

Doesn't look like a dream to me.
I want to read the context in which he said it. Honestly, it doesn't feels like that was the intention at all. Why even have that scene if that is the case?

Ueda wanted to leave it up to the player's interpretation, but people kept busting his balls on it so he finally started talking about the actuality of what happens.

Still, as far as I'm concerned the intent remains the same and if you want it to be a happy, uplifting ending- go for it. :)

But if we go by Ueda's version + the fact that Ico has no home to return to, it can also be a pretty bleak ending, IMO.

jayu26

Ueda wanted to leave it up to the player's interpretation, but people kept busting his balls on it so he finally started talking about the actuality of what happens.

Still, as far as I'm concerned the intent remains the same and if you want it to be a happy, uplifting ending- go for it. :)
Most people are going to see it as
boy gets the girl end credit scene
. I bet that's true for most the team that made Ico too. Only the biggest pessimists will thing otherwise, Ueda might be one of them.

. I bet that's true for most the team that made Ico too. Only the biggest pessimists will thing otherwise, Ueda might be one of them.

I recall Ueda mentioning that
Yorda's sacrifice to save Ico (who had risked his life throughout the game to try saving her) was more important to him than a happily-ever-after ending. I don't think it's 'pessimism' at all, just a play on a theme. Sacrifice was a major theme from start to finish, with Yorda proving to be the ultimate, but most worthwhile, sacrifice in the end. He added the dream ending to give players hope; i.e. Ico finding Yorda is as real to the player in that very moment as it is to Ico in that moment of dreaming.

ViciousDS

Banned
YES!!!!! Please have more footage come from this!

THgyfAE.gif

Corpsepyre

Banned
How things have changed. Everyone would be erupting if this was broken some months back. Before the re-reveal even. Disappointed, GAF.

We really another some other game to look forward to at E3's.

ViciousDS

Banned
How things have changed. Everyone would be erupting if this was broken some months back. Before the re-reveal even. Disappointed, GAF.

We really another some other game to look forward to at E3's.

thats because no one believed! Well........A LOT didn't, then the real hype griffon started before E3 and shit went down....it got re-revealed. Now no one knows what to do because everything that was announced 10 years ago....outside Agent has been shown again and is coming out.

Half Life 3 is the only thing that will probably break GAF next.

Issun23

It's not the first time Ueda created an interactive installation for a show. For Sony Music Entertainment's Art Artist Audition 1994 he and a friend built an attraction they named "Boukun Neko" (Tyrant Cat) . Visitors peering into what seemed to be an empty cage were sprayed with dirt, supposedly kicked up by an imaginary subterranean cat.

Patapwn

I see you're still trying to hold on

It's alright, let it all go

sn00zer

Its really strange its in a cage. Im guessing that the participants at TGS are supposed to be playing the role the denizens who pass by the cage in the game universe. So essentially the participants are playing the prologue to TLG.

Top Bottom