• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered - 30 Second TV Spot (Spoilers)

jett

D-Member
I would absolutely recommend the game to anyone who hasn't played it, but personally I wouldn't spend £40 just to look at slightly prettier graphics. I'm not a fan of reboots when they really bring nothing new to the table. No doubt, there will be plenty of people who have a different opinion

For sure, TLOU is a must play.

Did TLOU have aliasing in cutscenes or were they supersampled? There's aliasing here, like on the back of the truck or the shimmer on the fence behind Ellie. Not much of it, but it's there.

It wasn't super sampled, but image quality overall was much better in cut-scenes than in gameplay. It wasn't like the Uncharted games that look more or less the same in terms of IQ.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
I will wait till its on my TV before I judge how it looks (also ill do a compare with kids PS3 version lol)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
More or less the same.

I.... see a slight difference in those two shots, but not a generational jump like I'd expect from ND and the PS4? I don't know if graphics are just not important to me anymore, but for a $60 re-release ($70 in Canada :/ ) I just can't justify it. I've looked at all the comparisons I could find and it doesn't feel like going from PS3 to PS4, more like PS2 to Xbox if you get what I mean. It is a great game but this feels more like something pf value for people who haven't played it

Strictly

For a 1 year old game, with record breaking 200+ GOTY awards, which was THE game of last gen, and for some people the best game ever? Yes, more spots/trailers, etc. please!
The best game ever? It was a great game, but that is quite a statement. But this port seems great so far.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I can't quite tell the difference, but I never really expected such a massive leap to begin with. Naughty Dog would have to literally pull everything down and start from scratch to get a major difference of quality, so what they have certainly looks fine.

Joeki11a

Banned
When will we see Duckmann playing the game for Geoff Keighley off screen, thats what I want to see not trailers, show me the damn game running, just them walking around thats it!.

I.... see a slight difference in those two shots, but not a generational jump like I'd expect from ND and the PS4? I don't know if graphics are just not important to me anymore, but for a $60 re-release ($70 in Canada :/ ) I just can't justify it. I've looked at all the comparisons I could find and it doesn't feel like going from PS3 to PS4, more like PS2 to Xbox if you get what I mean. It is a great game but this feels more like something pf value for people who haven't played it

You're forgetting 30fps to 60fps as well, one reason I imagine the graphics may have not jumped as much as some thought it might.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
You're forgetting 30fps to 60fps as well, one reason I imagine the graphics may have not jumped as much as some thought it might.

that is a good point. I'm sure "hardcore gamers" would crucify me for this, but I'd take 30 frames over 60 any day if it meant prettier visuals (a rock-solid 30). The only exception is fighting games (Tekken/Soul Calibur etc.), and Mario Kart.

What are you talking about? its 49.99 US and 54.99 CAN

ah whoops! You're right I just checked bestbuy.ca and amazon. I could have sworn it was $69.99 a while back? Maybe I'm getting games mixed up, with the dollar dropping it's been such a mess here. Did it drop or was it always $54.99?

prwxv3

These are pre rendered cutscenes the only changes made to those we're making them 1080p and 60 FPS. I doubt they added an AA to them.

prwxv3

They are really missing a beat by not showing a raw video of 60fps gameplay.

Has me thinking they are missing that 60fps target.

They have been gushing over 60'fps for a while now and I don't think ND would do that and have the game run lower. They are no ubisoft.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Did TLOU on PS3 have aliasing in cutscenes or were they supersampled? There's aliasing here, like on the back of the truck or the shimmer on the fence behind Ellie. Not much of it, but it's there.

There was quite a bit in the PS3 cutscenes. There's less in the PS4 version.

sense

They are really missing a beat by not showing a raw video of 60fps gameplay.

Has me thinking they are missing that 60fps target.

o jeez. come on they are not going to tease/confirm it and then turn around and say they didn't hit it.... patience is a lost virtue around here. if you haven't seen a gameplay video like 2 days before release then you can start questioning them by which time you can decide if you want to preorder or cancel etc....

orochi91

They have been gushing over 60'fps for a while now and I don't think ND would do that and have the game run lower. They are no ubisoft.

Honestly, I expect them to have hit the 60fps target, but at the expense of good
AA elsewhere. Need some footage! Personally, this trailer just raised more issues
than I expected.

Saberus

that is a good point. I'm sure "hardcore gamers" would crucify me for this, but I'd take 30 frames over 60 any day if it meant prettier visuals (a rock-solid 30). The only exception is fighting games (Tekken/Soul Calibur etc.), and Mario Kart.

ah whoops! You're right I just checked bestbuy.ca and amazon. I could have sworn it was $69.99 a while back? Maybe I'm getting games mixed up, with the dollar dropping it's been such a mess here. Did it drop or was it always $54.99?

Well, they announced a price adjustment about a month ago.. so..

AmyS

Okay guys, I stand corrected (on the last page). I thought we were dealing with in-engine cut scenes on PS4, but that isn't the case.

Regardless, cannot wait til that Remastered Blu-ray is mine.

Lemondish

Another reason is the fact that the game benefited from 7 years of PlayStation 3 development knowledge and utilized tons of low level optimizations and tricks. Rewriting that for a whole new system likely took serious time to achieve yet on top of that we're getting 1080p and 60 fps. That's pretty amazing if you ask me.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
slight upgrade, if I had played this on the PS3 there is no way its worth another $60 for the PS4 version.

From 720p/30fps to 1080p/60fps and these are 'cutscenes' NOT gameplay. You can't say it's a 'slight upgrade' when you haven't seen the gameplay yet. JESUS.

Cyborg

Uh Oh, Cyborg is back. Is this the beginning of the big "The Last of Us is going to be 30fps" announcement? I mean, you basically put your account on the line constantly arguing the game will be 30fps on PS4. Then, ran from TLOU threads. Is this the beginning? Is it starting? I am ready for the meltdowns, lol.

Huh? You guys are strange!

When I said ''and it starts'' I was refering to the marketing campaign Sony promised us. They said this game would get complete marketing support.

Dont read to much in everey post I make!

ahm998

i27zFh1aRNgcw.gif

Prefer the left one because there is cinematic filter and no dark color.

Marvel

could never
Still no gameplay footage is telling.

Doesn't look like a huge leap also those crushed blacks are gross, I'm still day one though and excited to replay.

Marvel

could never
Oh ... You were being serious.

Incorrect HDMI black levels and gamma fuck games up, there's a serious lack of definition and shadow clarity now. Unless that's just a capture issue ofc.

Turn all that shit off on your tv and you get a picture similar to the GIF on the left.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Incorrect HDMI black levels and gamma fuck games up, there's a serious lack of definition and shadow clarity now. Unless that's just a capture issue ofc.

Turn all that shit off on your tv and you get a picture similar to the GIF on the left.

Yep.

Top Bottom