• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered - 30 Second TV Spot (Spoilers)

Rurunaki

Incorrect HDMI black levels and gamma fuck games up, there's a serious lack of definition and shadow clarity now. Unless that's just a capture issue ofc.

Turn all that shit off on your tv and you get a picture similar to the GIF on the left.

That's just the gif.. the youtube trailer doesn't have that crushed black the gif is presenting.

RayMaker

Banned
From 720p/30fps to 1080p/60fps and these are 'cutscenes' NOT gameplay. You can't say it's a 'slight upgrade' when you haven't seen the gameplay yet. JESUS.

I am Judging by the cut scenes!

I thought the cut scenes were the same as the gamplay?

and on amazon its £38!

I've have not played it on ps3, but if I had i would not want to shell more money for such a slight upgrade, I might get it later down the line when I get a PS4 if I dont play it on my PS3 beforehand.

More or less the same.

It´s a pre-rendered cutscene. All it has a bump in resolution/frame rate. It's the gameplay that's the deal-breaker

I am Judging by the cut scenes!

I thought the cut scenes were the same as the gamplay?

and on amazon its £38!

I've have not played it on ps3, but if I had i would not want to shell more money for such a slight upgrade, I might get it later down the line when I get a PS4 if I dont play it on my PS3 beforehand.

Put it this way: Go to YT and watch a comparison between gameplay and cutscenes. You'll notice the big difference in graphical fidelity between them.

Now, imagine said cutscene has bumped up to 1080p. Good? Now imagine that in 60fps. Better? Now imagine playing game with that quality.

That's the experience you're going to get.

RayMaker

Banned
It´s a pre-rendered cutscene. All it has a bump in resolution/frame rate. It's the gameplay that's the deal-breaker

Put it this way: Go to YT and watch a comparison between gameplay and cutscenes. You'll notice the big difference in graphical fidelity between them.

Now, imagine said cutscene has bumped up to 1080p. Good? Now imagine that in 60fps. Better? Now imagine playing game with that quality.

That's the experience you're going to get.

Yeah so its basically ''the last of us HD @ unlocked 60fps''

It will be a nice difference but nothing massive.

It is not like they changed hair and other stuff like in TR:DE.

kyser73

I still don't understand how they are going to make the cutscenes much higher quality and fit them on the disk. The PS3 version has heavy video compression and the entire game takes up 43GB on the disk and that is without any of the DLC and upgraded video cutscenes.

This man, and his extreme cleverness:

Drew Thaler

Yeah so its basically ''the last of us HD @ unlocked 60fps''

It will be a nice difference but nothing massive.

It is not like they changed hair and other stuff like in TR:DE.

You forgot the pre-rendered cutscene quality. Again, watch the "cutscenes" first then gameplay. Then tell me again if it's just another resbump

Top Bottom