• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Seijuro

Multiplayer question from a poor soul who will probably buy the PAL version:
Can people with cut/uncut versions play together or are they kept on seperate servers or something?

KorrZ

I personally think the game is worth all the hype, I adore it. But I won't blame anyone who thinks it's overrated, especially with all of this buildup to the PS4 version. Very hard for anything to live up to those kind of expectations.

Only TLOU could generate a 7200 post thread for a year-later remaster. This isn't even a new OT yet!

Edit: Actually, is anyone going to be making a remaster OT?? I hope so.

Shredderi

I really don't want to see anything from the gameplay at all. I would like to think they've improved some assets like grass, trees, bushes and whatnot but I'm holding those expectations in check. Better textures, better lighting, higher resolution and better framerates will do me.

Screw that. Gonna go all in on the expectations. Bet all.

Well I do agree completely about better textures, resolutions, framerate etc. and those should make a pretty big difference already. I would love them to replace the foliage with better assets like GTAV is doing.

Darknight

I'm ready for all the overrated thread.

How about if you dont enjoy this game then dont go into any of them? The game is not overrated. See all the awards it got and universal praise. You cant deny something is special just because you dont like said game.

tumblr_lvgoi7mkmp1qdlkgg.gif

Zack117

Banned
Thanks! No going digital on this one. It's a masterpiece that I wanna hold tight.
You're welcome. I was thinking the exact same thing, but ultimately decided to go digital. 31€ for a 50$ psn card and delivery on day one is just too tempting for me.
why is TLOU not showing up on he EU Ps4 digital store ?
Doesn't surprise me. EU psn store has always been behind US.
Wow, he has 24,000 posts. What's the record for most posts?
I've seen a user who has more than 100k posts.

It's on!

Hugstable

Banned

Oh my god it's finally almost time! I don't know why I'm so giddy about playing this game again as I beat it twice on PS3, but damn do I wanna play again. I wake up every morning and go to my Amazon Pre Order just wishing that shit would shit early. To me TLoU was just missing the one key thing from being perfect, and now that we are getting the game in 60fps. (and 1080p no doubt at that) Pls Naughty Dog, send now.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You're welcome. I was thinking the exact same thing, but ultimately decided to go digital. 31€ for a 50$ psn card and delivery on day one is just too tempting for me.

Wow. 31 euro is cheap. Where did you buy this credit?

Edit, just read that you bought it on Ebay.

A question about the MP. Will I be able to play with my Dutch friends, when I own the US- version? May sound stupid, but it seems a bit strange to play MP together considering they might buy the EU-censored version and probably won't be able to see the gore etc.

Zack117

Banned
Looks like the Golden news has killed this thread.
Wow. 31 euro is cheap. Where did you buy this credit?

Edit, just read that you bought it on Ebay.

A question about the MP. Will I be able to play with my Dutch friends, when I own the US- version? May sound stupid, but it seems a bit strange to play MP together considering they might buy the EU-censored version and probably won't be able to see the gore etc.

Yeah, I went lucky with ebay. Only one credit available for instant-buy from a private seller. The Naughty Gods have layed down their mercy upon me, after I sinned and bought a used ps3 copy of the game last year. I'll be damned.

I haven't played the MP of the ps3 version, but I hardly assume that on PS4, PAL and NTSC players will be able to group up together just fine.
Don't worry about your friends not being able to witness the gore. After all there is a share button on your DS4 controller.

If you buy retail? No.
Digital? Obviously, how else could you buy the game? Even redeeming a code (let's say from Amazon.com) would require an US account.

But again, you don't need to play on that account. Just play the game with your usual, from whatever region that one might be.

Sweet thanks!

I was hoping to buy digital preferably, so i'll make a US account, download the game, and play it on my UK account :D

For everyone wanting the GORE and UNCENSORED version in the UK or EUROPE:

• Buy US Dollar PSN credit (I just got it emailed from Play Asia)
  • Create a US PSN account and set your PS4 as its primary - this makes all your games one long list
  • Preorder the Digital Version on the US store for £30
  • Play it like normal on your EU profile..

Thank you!

Doing this for sure!

It really is. But it's great that not everyone thinks so, because the discussion associated with it is fantastic and always a lot of fun to be a part of, it wouldn't be as good if everyone was like "yeah the ending was great" and that's it.

I thought the ending was great aswell although i definately want a sequel to this game

I really don't want to see anything from the gameplay at all. I would like to think they've improved some assets like grass, trees, bushes and whatnot but I'm holding those expectations in check. Better textures, better lighting, higher resolution and better framerates will do me.

I dont even care about the visuals (all though i want them) im getting this to jump back into mp with mates and for share features

Will this game work over remote play?

Remote playing tlou would be amazing

Im pretty much going to have the entire game captured through screenshots

For everyone wanting the GORE and UNCENSORED version in the UK or EUROPE:

• Buy US Dollar PSN credit (I just got it emailed from Play Asia)
  • Create a US PSN account and set your PS4 as its primary - this makes all your games one long list
  • Preorder the Digital Version on the US store for £30
  • Play it like normal on your EU profile..

I used to think I was quite good at getting deals for stuff but some of you guys in this thread put me to shame.

30 quid?

How well does the original game work with DualShock 4 on PS3? I want to play that one but the DS3 sticks are so loose when compared to the DS4 that I can't go back. :

Looks like the Golden news has killed this thread.

Yeah, I went lucky with ebay. Only one credit available for instant-buy from a private seller. The Naughty Gods have layed down their mercy upon me, after I sinned and bought a used ps3 copy of the game last year. I'll be damned.

I haven't played the MP of the ps3 version, but I hardly assume that on PS4, PAL and NTSC players will be able to group up together just fine.
Don't worry about your friends not being able to witness the gore. After all there is a share button on your DS4 controller.

Thanks again and holy shit at Naughty Gods showing mercy on you....you are the chosen one :D

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
How well does the original game work with DualShock 4 on PS3? I want to play that one but the DS3 sticks are so loose when compared to the DS4 that I can't go back. :

It plays very well but there is a problem with the torch because of no rumble support for the Dualshock4 on PS3.

Gray Matter

I dont even care about the visuals (all though i want them) im getting this to jump back into mp with mates and for share features

Yes!! Just today I had the greatest fucking match of them all with the hunting/military sniper class. Popped heads all over the god damn place, I would have loved to share that.

Lemondish

Yes!! Just today I had the greatest fucking match of them all with the hunting/military sniper class. Popped heads all over the god damn place, I would have loved to share that.

About a month ago, I was playing supply raid on Lakeside when my team all died leaving me all alone in sudden death. The other guys had 4 respawns left. I managed to hold out in the big resort lodge on one end of the map setting ambushes with bombs and smoke screens. I killed them all. They used up all their respawns coming at me one or two at a time. When it showed that we won, I unclenched my butt and began to breath again. Most tense, badass, and rewarding multiplayer match I have ever participated in. I am heartbroken knowing it can never be shared except in words :-(

About a month ago, I was playing supply raid on Lakeside when my team all died leaving me all alone in sudden death. The other guys had 4 respawns left. I managed to hold out in the big resort lodge on one end of the map setting ambushes with bombs and smoke screens. I killed them all. They used up all their respawns coming at me one or two at a time. When it showed that we won, I unclenched my butt and began to breath again. Most tense, badass, and rewarding multiplayer match I have ever participated in. I am heartbroken knowing it can never be shared except in words :-(

I was playing supply raid and down to last man standing. The other team had about six or eight lives remaining and guess who held out fighting them till the end of the match?...ended up getting about 5 kills...awesome !

Poetazer

Neo Member
FAQ of the site says 3-7 days usually. And it's possible that they dispatch the game even before release.

Still, digital is the more convenient solution. That way you get it on literally day one. Not EU day one. The real day one, baby.

I agree. And for anyone who bonded with this game last time around, you want access to it ALL the time, without even a disk switch to impede your will!

Poetazer

Neo Member

Oh hell, in all this chat we forgot one of the great reasons to play this time around.. not just to use the joy that is the DS4 - but the devs are including a control scheme which puts aim and shoot down on the main triggers! It was on the bumpers on ps3. Who is going to opt for the new scheme and put listen and sprint up top?

I used to think I was quite good at getting deals for stuff but some of you guys in this thread put me to shame.

30 quid?

I use hotukdeals.com. Users post the best bargains they find, it's where i found TLOUR for £29.97 (physical copy, Gamestop UK). Can be used for pretty much everything too, not just videogames.

Autofokus

I already have the Joel Edition for my physical collection (sadly, I couldn't get my hands on the CE), so I don't mind getting the Remaster digitally.

Top Bottom