• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Kyoufu

Wait so it's confirmed 60FPS for gameplay now? When did that happen?

The announcement was followed by ND saying they're targeting 60FPS, then lately we've been seeing tweets from ND employees saying how sexual TLOU is in 60FPS. Corinne Yu and her team working overtime to get the game running at 60.

KevinG

So I finally fixed my network to stream the 1080p/60fps trailer from this E3, and I just can't believe how gorgeous the game looks. I can't even watch it at 1080p on my iPad, just the 60fps makes it so much better.

I'm blown away. Absolutely incredible. The hype is real for this one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wait so it's confirmed 60FPS for gameplay now? When did that happen?
ND have confirmed it multiple times on twitter this week and it was always the goal for this remaster. Why would they up the cutscenes to 60 if the gameplay wasn't? Most 60fps games still have 30fps cutscenes.

Ha, yeah you can buy the disk here for £30.. My method is just for getting yourself uncensored multiplayer on launch day.. ;)

I use hotukdeals.com. Users post the best bargains they find, it's where i found TLOUR for £29.97 (physical copy, Gamestop UK). Can be used for pretty much everything too, not just videogames.

Oh right.

Yeah I'm aware of HotUKDeals but I just get discount codes posted there sometimes. Usually when I find good prices on stuff the thread was made weeks ago and the deal is no more.

Gray Matter

About a month ago, I was playing supply raid on Lakeside when my team all died leaving me all alone in sudden death. The other guys had 4 respawns left. I managed to hold out in the big resort lodge on one end of the map setting ambushes with bombs and smoke screens. I killed them all. They used up all their respawns coming at me one or two at a time. When it showed that we won, I unclenched my butt and began to breath again. Most tense, badass, and rewarding multiplayer match I have ever participated in. I am heartbroken knowing it can never be shared except in words :-(

Goddamn, I've been last man standing with the enemy team all alive but no respawns and won, but what you just described it legendary.

funkypie

Banned
For everyone wanting the GORE and UNCENSORED version in the UK or EUROPE:

• Buy US Dollar PSN credit (I just got it emailed from Play Asia)
  • Create a US PSN account and set your PS4 as its primary - this makes all your games one long list
  • Preorder the Digital Version on the US store for £30
  • Play it like normal on your EU profile..

im trying to do that. however, im just trying to directly pay with paypal as I have pounds in my paypal account. getting unable to fund your wallet please try again later (3) dunno if it a psn error or that it is converting pounds to dollars.

paypal has no issue with converting pounds and dollar though.

im trying to do that. however, im just trying to directly pay with paypal as I have pounds in my paypal account. getting unable to fund your wallet please try again later (3) dunno if it a psn error or that it is converting pounds to dollars.

paypal has no issue with converting pounds and dollar though.

US PSN won't accept a UK/EU Paypal I don't think, it will error out and never actually go through as far as I know.

funkypie

Banned
US PSN won't accept a UK/EU Paypal I don't think, it will error out and never actually go through as far as I know.

Yeah thought that might be why it isn't working. nvm, bought 50 dollar from amazon.com.

i'm assuming the digital edition comes with the day one stuff if pre-ordered right?

Decided to double dip on the PS4 version. I wouldn't mind playing it again and perhaps playing the multi again which was quite fun. Was only £30 at GameStop and I can always trade it in and not lose too much.

Yeah thought that might be why it isn't working. nvm, bought 50 dollar from amazon.com.

i'm assuming the digital edition comes with the day one stuff if pre-ordered right?

It does indeed, from the PSN page -

Pre-Order Today to get the following items at launch:
Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Two skins for Joel and Ellie unlocked after beating the single-player campaign
Bonus XP for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Extra in-game cash to start
Special customizable character items for multiplayer

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This been posted?
last_of_us_steelbook.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
First PS4 game I'll buy physically. Shame I can't get a steel case :(

Usually I go digital but t's not something like Destiny where I'll want to quickload it up for a quick game. I also want to be able to loan it to my boys as they start to retire their 360s and pick up PS4s.

Lemondish

Usually I go digital but t's not something like Destiny where I'll want to quickload it up for a quick game. I also want to be able to loan it to my boys as they start to retire their 360s and pick up PS4s.

The lending part is a good idea. I'm getting it physical because I'm planning on replacing the disc in my steelbook with the PS4 version.

The case is even signed by Troy Baker *squeeeee*

funkypie

Banned

i'm the opposite. I usually avoid digital like the plague.

however, I like tlou multiplayer and know I will play it for awhile, besides I bought the US version, I get it faster rather than wait 1 - 2 weeks for international shipping.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i'm the opposite. I usually avoid digital like the plague.

however, I like tlou multiplayer and know I will play it for awhile, besides I bought the US version, I get it faster rather than wait 1 - 2 weeks for international shipping.

After all this talk about how solid the MP is, I was thinking of going digital but... if my real life friends play anything it will be Destiny.

quickwhips

After all this talk about how solid the MP is, I was thinking of going digital but... if my real life friends play anything it will be Destiny.

Join me on this great adventure of digital the last of us multiplayer. I am more pumped for this multiplayer than Destiny.

Zack117

Banned
It does indeed, from the PSN page -

Pre-Order Today to get the following items at launch:
Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity Upgrade
Two skins for Joel and Ellie unlocked after beating the single-player campaign
Bonus XP for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Extra in-game cash to start
Special customizable character items for multiplayer

I wonder if you can benefit from these pre-order bonuses if you're playing the digital US version with an EU account.

About a month ago, I was playing supply raid on Lakeside when my team all died leaving me all alone in sudden death. The other guys had 4 respawns left. I managed to hold out in the big resort lodge on one end of the map setting ambushes with bombs and smoke screens. I killed them all. They used up all their respawns coming at me one or two at a time. When it showed that we won, I unclenched my butt and began to breath again. Most tense, badass, and rewarding multiplayer match I have ever participated in. I am heartbroken knowing it can never be shared except in words :-(

Goddamn, I've been last man standing with the enemy team all alive but no respawns and won, but what you just described it legendary.

Being the last man standing in supply raid, with the other team having respawns left, only for you to take them all out is the most satisfying feeling and the main reason I preferred playing supply raid over survivor when I was able to play.

Gray Matter

I just spent the last 8-10 hours playing the multiplayer and it is still fucking amazing. Can't wait to play it in full 1080p/60.

Zack117

Banned
Shouldn't be a problem, I think the EU version has the same stuff.

I was referring to the pre-order bonuses which come with the digital US version. Maybe they will be bound directly to the account which purchased the game, so I with my EU account won't be able to make use of them.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I was referring to the pre-order bonuses which come with the digital US version. Maybe they will be bound directly to the account which purchased the game, so I with my EU account won't be able to make use of them.
I think the safe assumption is that everything except the skins are account bound. The skins are probably DLC, which will be downloaded and the multiplayer stuff is applied server-side.

But yeah, I don't know either. Will be good to know in the future.

I just hope they balance the requirements for survival in multiplayer. I remember there was a group of bandits threatening my entire group if I didn't kill 50 people in 3 days. That's near impossible considering how I can be placed right between matches and not enough time to make the requirement.

AKyemeni

I just hope they balance the requirements for survival in multiplayer. I remember there was a group of bandits threatening my entire group if I didn't kill 50 people in 3 days. That's near impossible considering how I can be placed right between matches and not enough time to make the requirement.
All you have to do is pick different missions.

If you pick the same missions, the requirements go up.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

It is balanced.. You can't just spam the mission selection screen with "kill" missions every time and expect to survive till week 12. try out different missions and keep the easy ones for 100% threats.

This thread is a good sign that Sony made the right call remastering the game early. No news pretty much ever but it's still one of the most active discussions on gaf.

madp0k

This thread is a good sign that Sony made the right call remastering the game early. No news pretty much ever but it's still one of the most active discussions on gaf.

Im wondering that if it sells well
it will sell gangbusters
whether ND will release some more mp maps, it would be intresting to see if the following is quite big, more maps in mp is always welcome.

Im wondering that if it sells well
it will sell gangbusters
whether ND will release some more mp maps, it would be intresting to see if the following is quite big, more maps in mp is always welcome.

I'd be surprised if they spend any additional time on TLoU after this is finished. We know that they have Uncharted 4, which is due next year, and Evan Wells mentioned that they're also working on another large scale IP. Any maps made after this point would be handled by some third party.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Everytime I see it pop up to the top of my subbed threads I think "maybe there's a new gameplay video" but nope. I need to quit getting my hopes up.

madp0k

I'd be surprised if they spend any additional time on TLoU after this is finished. We know that they have Uncharted 4, which is due next year, and Evan Wells mentioned that they're also working on another large scale IP. Any maps made after this point would be handled by some third party.

Good point, but a few maps done in their lunch breaks would be most welcome, it's ND, can't take them much more than a few hrs to make a couple of maps ;)

meppi

I'm wondering if they will make the same mistake as their previous games (Uncharted) as well as Killzone SF for example, and lock the DLC into specific regions within Europe.

I tend to buy all my games from the UK and none of the DLC for these games was locked so that I couldn't use it on my Benelux account.
had to create a UK one and download everything from there. :-/

The closer we get the harder it is getting to resist buying this day one. I have the PS3 version and season pass and put a ton of time into the MP, and I just know if I wait a few weeks I can get it cheap. But I really want to get in on the ground floor with all the newbies in MP.

Rey

For everyone wanting the GORE and UNCENSORED version in the UK or EUROPE:

• Buy US Dollar PSN credit (I just got it emailed from Play Asia)
  • Create a US PSN account and set your PS4 as its primary - this makes all your games one long list
  • Preorder the Digital Version on the US store for £30
  • Play it like normal on your EU profile..

Sorry if this question has been asked before but is the Dutch version going to be censored?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Good point, but a few maps done in their lunch breaks would be most welcome, it's ND, can't take them much more than a few hrs to make a couple of maps ;)

If only it were that simple.

Top Bottom