• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

I wouldn't expect to see much of a difference in pre-rendered cut-scenes, because they already looked great on PS3. Gameplay is where you are going to see the most difference, as the visual difference as it changed from cut-scene to gameplay on PS3 was pretty drastic, whereas this time they are using cut-scene quality assets in-game, so the PS4 gameplay sections are going to look much better in comparison to the PS3 gameplay sections compared to how good PS4 cut-scenes look in comparison to PS3 cut-scenes.

What? This game has gone gold and we've only seen one trailer? The teaser barely counts.

What gives? Should I be worried? When Sony has a good product on their hands they shout about it non stop!

So...to be fair, did any of the original PS3 version's pre-release trailers showcase gameplay?

The only times I remember seeing it were the trade show demo videos. All the marketing/promo material was cutscenes, IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: There was plenty of gameplay in the launch trailer. Move along here folks!

Joeki11a

Banned
Ask Keighley if he is doing a special GT show for this game, where they reveal the game on spike tv, that if anything needs to happen.

So...to be fair, did any of the original PS3 version's pre-release trailers showcase gameplay?

The only times I remember seeing it were the trade show demo videos. All the marketing/promo material was cutscenes, IIRC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

yes they did, with different camera angles though. but they didn't show a lot, the multiplayer too was late to be unveiled (two week from the game's release).

hawk2025

Hahahaha, okay. I'm with you now.

In all seriousness, I'm usually not one to make light of people's preferences or genuine questionings of something.

But everything regarding this remastering has been so, so tiring. Maybe it's Sony's fault, maybe it isn't, but it's just been straight up absurd, in my opinion.

To be honest, I was probably one of the ones whining about no Titanfall campaign info or something of the sort before release. I'm a super-hypocrite!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
To be honest, I was probably one of the ones whining about no Titanfall campaign info or something of the sort before release. I'm a super-hypocrite!
Why?

This is a game that was released last year with so many playthroughs on YouTube that you could fill several vacations just with watching The Last of Us.

This is like asking for gameplay footage for the PC version of Titanfall after seeing the Xbone version. Who cares? It will be the same game and on PC the player can spin around faster.

If you're interested in a technical discussion and need to count the pees then you have to wait until proper footage has been captured anyway.

In all seriousness, I'm usually not one to make light of people's preferences or genuine questionings of something.

But everything regarding this remastering has been so, so tiring. Maybe it's Sony's fault, maybe it isn't, but it's just been straight up absurd, in my opinion.

every single time that i enter this thread, considering it gets bumped so fucking much, i enter thinking "oh neat, maybe new screenshot of the game", then i see people comparing pre-renders, assuming the worst, or just stupidity all around. =(

hawk2025

Why?

This is a game that was released last year with so many playthroughs on YouTube that you could fill several vacations just with watching The Last of Us.

This is like asking for gameplay footage for the PC version of Titanfall after seeing the Xbone version. Who cares?

If you're interested in a technical discussion and need to count the pees then you have to wait until proper footage has been captured anyway.

hhmmm, good point.

Saved from hypocrisy!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
one 30 second teaser and someone is already asking for a day one patch to fix things
image.php

inb4 I don't have such low standards that I play every single game that is heavily advertised with a huge budget

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
this will not be on the level of the TR:DE remastered, people need to keep their expectations low
Tomb Raider wasn't as huge of a facelift as some make it out to be. They swapped out the Lara model, added TressFX, and upped framerate. I expect this to hold 60fps better than TR.

lmbotiva

you've played it?
i wish i had but seeing no difference on the cutscenes and having no gameplay footage available im assuming the worst, sony is very loud when they have something that looks phenomenal or great, they love to say the "most powerful console" and "best graphics", believe when i say that if the game was looking as spectacular as some people here think we would have videos of it all over the net by now

Top Bottom