• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

icespide

Banned
i wish i had but seeing no difference on the cutscenes and having no gameplay footage available im assuming the worst, sony is very loud when they have something that looks phenomenal or great, they love to say the "most powerful console" and "best graphics", believe when i say that if the game was looking as spectacular as some people here think we would have videos of it all over the net by now

case closed then

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
[...] sony is very loud when they have something that looks phenomenal or great, they love to say the "most powerful console" and "best graphics" [...]
To be fair, their biggest competitor likes to say that too even if it's actually a lie.

Bundy

Banned
this will not be on the level of the TR:DE remastered, people need to keep their expectations low

i wish i had but seeing no difference on the cutscenes and having no gameplay footage available im assuming the worst, sony is very loud when they have something that looks phenomenal or great, they love to say the "most powerful console" and "best graphics", believe when i say that if the game was looking as spectacular as some people here think we would have videos of it all over the net by now
Thanks for the official confirmation.
The Last of Us: Remastered = PS2 graphix

chadboban

I think really need to wait until we see some in game footage at 60fps and 1080p. These gifs suck at showing much of a difference. No offense to the gif makers of course, your work is appreciated.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Well I can see a difference in the cutscenes, even in the Youtube grabs, and it's limited to 30fps. It'll look far better in motion and TLoU with better AA, sharper textures, and at 1080/60 will look insane, even if they don't add much new tech.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

There's no point in participating in this thread then. It's over for you and you need to buy a different game.

antitrop

Well I can see a difference in the cutscenes, even in the Youtube grabs, and it's limited to 30fps. It'll look far better in motion and TLoU with better AA, sharper textures, and at 1080/60 will look insane, even if they don't add much new tech.

Robo, Robo, your expectations aren't low enough. I'm gonna have to ask you to reel those expectations in a bit and assume the worst, buddy.

Andrew.

Banned
And round and round we go

FWOR6kx.gif

lmbotiva

There's no point in participating in this thread then. It's over for you and you need to buy a different game.
do i? who says im in it for the graphics? and i did not know i needed your permission to participate, AFAIK im not offending anyone and im free to express my believes as long as i do it respectfully

Man

1080p @60hz equals 4.5x more detail per second than original release (disregarding assets & other rendering upgrades) not to mention more responsive gameplay.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
1080p @60hz equals 4.5x more detail per second than original release (disregarding assets & other rendering upgrades) not to mention more responsive gameplay.
We'll see how more responsive it is. It's not like throughout the whole pipeline the difference between 30 and 60 is the most significant when it comes to that.

antitrop

Phil Kollar might be able to actually aim properly at 60fps! Polygon's The Last of Us: Remastered review redeemed!

Blanquito

The only thing we're missing on this latest circle is someone claiming that the game will run at 30fps in single player, because their feelings told them so. "Just wait! You all will see the truth soon..."

lmbotiva

it amazes me how this place have changed, some users remind me of XBLA, with that said, right on people, hate on my comments, i stand by them until proven wrong, peace

You will be pleased

Eggbok

While reading through this thread I ended up in a deathmatch lobby on GTAV named The Last of Us lol.

Last of Us zombie mode for GTAV on PS4 confirmed.

Hubb

Guys, I'm really worried about a remaster of a game I played last year. What have you got to hide Sony?!?!?

The only thing YOU have to hide is your money. Stay away from this game. If they can't show you the game you can't show them your money.

synce

Somehow I'm not surprised at the amount of people ready and willing to buy a game without seeing any gameplay footage. It's worrying though

antitrop

What if they actually pre-rendered the gameplay and the entire thing is just one long movie?

Wouldn't be any different than the PS3 version, amirite? olololol

I too am very concerned about buying a game that I beat several times on PS3. I know next to nothing about how it plays. For all I know, this game could just be a giant cutscene. Sony really needs to step up big time and spill the beans.

Somehow I'm not surprised at the amount of people ready and willing to buy a game without seeing any gameplay footage. It's worrying though

I agree, no one has any clue how the game will play.

<.<

What if they actually pre-rendered the gameplay and the entire thing is just one long movie?

Wouldn't be any different than the PS3 version, amirite? olololol

Stahp it. I can't.

Proxy

The only thing YOU have to hide is your money. Stay away from this game. If they can't show you the game you can't show them your money.

But I'm feeling compelled by some unknown force to give Sony money for a product I literally know nothing about!

lmbotiva

wait what. really? you came in here with a drive by post and then get upset when people refute. ok.

im not upset at all, but i will be more pleased if those who refute my comments did it with a more serious tone, read a few of the replies on the last page, like i said, i reminds me of XBLA, lets hate because is fun, yay, truly disheartening stuf, GAF is a place of sharing ideas and if your opinion is different make sure you let people know why it is that way, not just simply saying, okay guys, everyone lower their expectations and then 5 more people follow with that kind of comments, i bet you all those that wrote those comments are reporting the XBLA post, that in itself is reassuring my thoughts exactly

EDIT: to prove my point read the comment above

Because we know how the game will play...? This game is based on a title released about a year ago. At the very worst, it will be TLOU with a resolution bump, upped frame rate, and all DLC included - I think most could live with that being the case.

0racle

if this game out on PS3 at 49.99 as a GOTY edition with all DLC people would still be excited and buy it.

Even if they simply ported it and it was an exact carbon copy of the PS3 version people would still buy it if they could not experience it last year on PS3. People are excited for a game they know is remarkable. Anything extra (1080p/60fps blah blah ) can be seen as added goodies for the audience that sony is marketing this game towards.

If you notice the marketing is very similar to when it came out on PS3 in terms of only showcasing cinematics. They didn't make this remaster to prove a point to us gaffers that are on a graphics high, they are simply making this masterpiece available to as many people as they can and the PS4 is just another option for them.

bryanee

ND would have to do something really fucked up to ruin this game. No reason to doubt this release.

antitrop

Because we know how the game will play...? This game is based on a title released about a year ago. At the very worst, it will be TLOU with a resolution bump, upped frame rate, and all DLC included - I think most could live with that being the case.

Yup, I skipped Left Behind on PS3 because I had a good hunch this Remaster was coming. So will be nice to play that for the first time. I'm definitely getting my money's worth out of this.

Top Bottom