• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

X-Factor

It is $49.99 in Canada too. www.vgp.ca

also it is $5 more at $54.99 at Best Buy Canada, Futureshop and Amazon.

I don't get why everyone is so hyped by the game looking like the cutscenes or using the cutscene models. They didn't look that much better than the gameplay imo. I was really expecting a much larger jump in the comparisons I've seen (like going from FF6 > FF7), this is a new gen after all and the disparity between the Ps3 and Ps4 is larger than the Snes > Ps1 I would think (though I'm no tech wiz).
They're charging $69.99 in my city in Canada for this and while I loved that PS3 game, I can't justify it. I'll wait for final comparisons and a price drop though

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have a dream that my four little alt accounts will one day post on a GAF where they will not be judged by the tagline of their account, but by the content of their post.

viveks86

Fo real? Man, they need to fire whoever is in charge of the marketing of the game. How many times do people have to say they want actual gameplay footage instead of cutscenes?

Whatever...

Haha! Personally, I don't care when they release media, though it's definitely a curious strategy. I can see why some are frustrated while others aren't.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
It is $49.99 in Canada too. www.vgp.ca

also it is $5 more at $54.99 at Best Buy Canada, Futureshop and Amazon.

thank you my mistake! I just found that out in the "30 second trailer TLoU" thread. I'm either getting games mixed up or they dropped it, so many games here have been $69.99 lately :(

it's a remaster not a total remake...

exactly, which is why I can't justify paying full price.
The remasters on Ps3 included multiple games. Look @ the Ratchet collection which launched @ 29 and featured three games as opposed to 1 for one of many examples.

icespide

Banned
thank you my mistake! I just found that out in the "30 second trailer TLoU" thread. I'm either getting games mixed up or they dropped it, so many games here have been $69.99 lately :(

exactly, which is why I can't justify paying full price.
The remasters on Ps3 included multiple games. Look @ the Ratchet collection which launched @ 29 and featured three games as opposed to 1 for one of many examples.

your reason in your other posts was that it didn't look good enough

Shin-Ra

I was really expecting a much larger jump in the comparisons I've seen (like going from FF6 > FF7), this is a new gen after all and the disparity between the Ps3 and Ps4 is larger than the Snes > Ps1 I would think (though I'm no tech wiz).
iYLMJnZ5q4P24.gif

I see people fell for an outdated PS3 FMV comparison again as well! Damn.

Starting to get hyped for this game. Passed the ps3 version by renting it on redbox for 3 days, so I don't mind paying the $50 they are charging. Me and my ps4 are ready for round two.

Blastoise

Banned
Side-by-side comparisons are the only way my dumb head will allow me to see a difference.

Naughty Dog should've done a Kojima and released a comparison video.

Lemondish

This thread is the prime example as to why developers are hesitant to release gameplay previews.

It's also another prime example of a Sony game thread getting shit on by concern trolls and blind idiots.

Andrew.

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I'm expecting a personal call from Neil after I get home from the pick up on the 29th and drop my pre game deuce. I deserve it. I'm fact, I deserve it so much that I want him to send me the toilet paper too, so I can wipe my bloodied up asshole that the beauty of this game will provide once it gets shoved up inside it at a blistering 60fps.

The Last of Us Remastered Thread just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about The Last of Us Remastered Thread culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Xbox Live Arcade where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in The Last Of Us Remastered Thread, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the people that haven't played The Last of Us, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase The Last of Us Remastered for ANY system, nor will they purchase any of Naughty Dog's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but The Last of Us Remastered Thread posters have alienated an entire market with this move.

Antitrop, icespide, RoboPlato, and GribbleGrunger publicly apologize and cancel your pre-orders or you can kiss your business goodbye.

This never gets old hahaha

hawk2025

Fo real? Man, they need to fire whoever is in charge of the marketing of the game. How many times do people have to say they want actual gameplay footage instead of cutscenes?

Whatever...

Serious question:

Do you think that the marketer that decided to make a 30 second commercial full of intese moments rather than showing 30 seconds of slow and methodical stealth gameplay should be fired?

I'm a bit confused as to why everyone is all in a huff?

Because of jaggies on a truck and some Z-Fighting on a window.

2516508-5567548374-Fh3ro.gif

Seriously though, some people are ridiculously petty. You're gonna miss out on a great game because the IQ isn't up to your unrealistic expectations (i.e perfect and completely free from jaggies)? Weird.....

iamvin22

Industry Verified

I don't know how much the rest of you know about The Last of Us Remastered Thread culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Xbox Live Arcade where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in The Last Of Us Remastered Thread, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the people that haven't played The Last of Us, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase The Last of Us Remastered for ANY system, nor will they purchase any of Naughty Dog's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but The Last of Us Remastered Thread posters have alienated an entire market with this move.

Antitrop, icespide, RoboPlato, and GribbleGrunger publicly apologize and cancel your pre-orders or you can kiss your business goodbye.

fX5R0u7.gif

Vire

Serious question:

Do you think that the marketer that decided to make a 30 second commercial full of intese moments rather than showing 30 seconds of slow and methodical stealth gameplay should be fired?

Serious answer to serious question: I wasn't serious when I said they should be fired.

serious

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

This is the first one of these in a long time that's made me laugh.

FFS people its just a fucking hd re-release targeting 60 fps, expecting some kind of ps4 quality graphics is pretty dumb. imo all you crybabies shouls grow a pair.

Just stopping by to say that whoever had the idea to make the OT title make all of those console puns, you missed an opportunity by leaving in a "you" a few words after "Wii" without turning it into "U".

Saberus

There definitely some aliasing, but who cares.. its a remaster, its not fucking uncharted 4.. if someone is expecting an UC4 visual jump, then you are crazy.

But still, I do expect it to look little better than youtube . :)

Top Bottom