• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

icespide

Banned
troy-barnes.gif

rofl so perfect

antitrop

The Last of Us Remastered Thread just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about The Last of Us Remastered Thread culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Xbox Live Arcade where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in The Last Of Us Remastered Thread, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the people that haven't played The Last of Us, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase The Last of Us Remastered for ANY system, nor will they purchase any of Naughty Dog's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but The Last of Us Remastered Thread posters have alienated an entire market with this move.

Antitrop, icespide, RoboPlato, and GribbleGrunger publicly apologize and cancel your pre-orders or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Actual tears.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Same jaggies are there in the last gamersyde trailer as well. We can't dismiss the fact that there is noticeable aliasing in some scenes. It's not a big deal, in my opinion, but why is it that we should dismiss or mock someone who is too disappointed by it?

I'm not mocking him, I wondered what he meant by perfect since he referenced a thread full of spoilers that I won't enter.

ksdixon

Bad news, fellas. tomitomND confirmed over PSN message to me that we can't rename custom loadouts in TLOU:R.
Bit of a shame, I thought that with the other little tidbits they are doing (such as aiming and shooting from L1/R1 or L2/R2 at user's choice, and a new control scheme for left-handed people) that they would have put this feature in.

orochi91

Same jaggies are there in the last gamersyde trailer as well. We can't dismiss the fact that there is noticeable aliasing in some scenes. It's not a big deal, in my opinion, but why is it that we should dismiss or mock someone who is too disappointed by it?

I'm not mocking him, I wondered what he meant by perfect since he referenced a thread full of spoilers that I won't enter.

Naturally I can't expect perfect IQ from console games, but the things I did notice
in that 30 second trailer are probably indicative of what the final version of the game
will be, considering how close this trailer has been put out from release. I figured
they would have dealt with them given the time they've had since the release of the
PS3 version.

To say I'm less than impressed would be an understatement. Perhaps I bought into
all that Naughty Dog hype following the U4 reveal, but my expectations have been
lowered accordingly due to this recent trailer.

It's a pity they couldn't implement the AA solution DC has or even I:SS. I suppose
they spent much of their time chasing the 60fps target. Unless they put out some
compelling footage that address these concerns, then I can't see myself rewarding
ND with a full-priced purchase on launch day.

Mifune

Mehmber
Naturally I can't expect perfect IQ from console games, but the things I did notice
in that 30 second trailer are probably indicative of what the final version of the game
will be, considering how close this trailer has been put out from release. I figured
they would have dealt with them given the time they've had since the release of the
PS3 version.

To say I'm less than impressed would be an understatement. Perhaps I bought into
all that Naughty Dog hype following the U4 reveal, but my expectations have been

It's a pity they couldn't implement the AA solution DC has or even I:SS. I suppose
they spent much of their time chasing the 60fps target. Unless they put out some
compelling footage that address these concerns, then I can't see myself rewarding

Less than perfect AA is a deal breaker for you? Okay then.

Atlas157

So you're not buying the game at full price because there's a little bit of aliasing...

Okay.

zlatko

Banned
I liked the OT| The Rest of Us

As for my creative suggestion how about The Last of Us Remastered OT| Antonio Banderas Fist Kiss Approved

With of course the first thing in the OT being the fist kiss gif with Joel.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This is probably using the same AA method as I:SS. You can see that most edges are basically perfect, but few edges are unresolved and there's aliasing there. It was really the same way in Infamous, but you don't have time to notice it much while you're playing,

Riozaki

Banned
WOW, I'm surprised by the haters in this thread. It seems like some people are just waiting for any picture or video just to say " wow this is so bad, jaggies everywhere .. blah blah blah. ". From what they show I'm very happy with that and I can't wait for this game to come out because I know I'll play it day and night although I've played it on PS3.

viveks86

PS3 version.

I too am surprised by the amount of aliasing in some cutscenes, but were you really planning to buy this game for the AA? Seems like an arbitrary and rigid criteria, given that it's not uncommon to see aliasing issues. You seem to acknowledge that as well, so it's a bit puzzling to see your reaction.

EDIT: I see your response to others. So you have higher standards specifically for remasters. Hmmm…

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I don't get why everyone is so hyped by the game looking like the cutscenes or using the cutscene models. They didn't look that much better than the gameplay imo. I was really expecting a much larger jump in the comparisons I've seen (like going from FF6 > FF7), this is a new gen after all and the disparity between the Ps3 and Ps4 is larger than the Snes > Ps1 I would think (though I'm no tech wiz).
They're charging $69.99 in my city in Canada for this and while I loved that PS3 game, I can't justify it. I'll wait for final comparisons and a price drop though

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I don't get why everyone is so hyped by the game looking like the cutscenes or using the cutscene models. They didn't look that much better than the gameplay imo. I was really expecting a much larger jump in the comparisons I've seen (like going from FF6 > FF7), this is a new gen after all and the disparity between the Ps3 and Ps4 is larger than the Snes > Ps1 I would think (though I'm no tech wiz).
They're charging $69.99 in my city in Canada for this and while I loved that PS3 game, I can't justify it. I'll wait for final comparisons and a price drop though

I seriously cannot tell if this is a joke or not.

icespide

Banned

it's a remaster not a total remake...

Top Bottom