• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Shin-Ra

Must have missed something but why does everyone want to stuff something in their ass in this thread?
Anal retentiveness.

More efficient video compression and less asset duplication.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-of-us-remastered-devs-discuss-making-60fp/1100-6421147/
Cambier added, "So the biggest challenges in bringing the game to PS4 were, number one, shifting to 1080p movies. But we were able to do that with a slightly better encoder and decoder for the video, so it's actually the same amount of space on disc. The second biggest change was going to four times the texture resolution for our in-game assets. We had to re-architect some of our tools to take advantage of texture sharing and how we deal with that to not duplicate and waste space on the disc. At the end of the day, we were able to get everything we wanted onto the disc, and didn't really have to compromise anything. And that's including the full Left Behind DLC, so it was really a challenge, but we figured out how to get it all in there."

Andrew.

Banned
So my GS won't be doing a midnight release, which is unsurprising but I wanted to make sure.

However, they ARE in fact doing a 50% bonus credit trade in deal towards it and I know antitrop was looking to get rid of Watch_Dogs so that's a pretty good offer.

GavinUK86

Sure.

any ideas for a title?

The Last of Us MP Friends | LET'S STICK THINGS IN OUR A....... maybe not

-----

Edit: EVAN WELLS YOU COCK TEASE...

0DEsXre.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
If the OT isn't called "The Last of Us Remastered |OT| STICK IT INTO MY FUCKING ASS!!", GAF has failed.

There's no way the moderators will allow such a derogatory OT title, especially for a developer that is so highly regarded and respected here. It ain't gonna happen unfortunately.

Cubed

Is anyone else slightly annoyed that the title still says "targeting 60fps?"

The frame rate has just as much confirmation as the resolution at this point.

Nothing else to really talk about, so I may as well bitch about the title... better than talking about ramming stuff up my rectum.

Hoje0308

Banned

Nothing else to really talk about, so I may as well bitch about the title... better than talking about ramming stuff up my rectum.

You can't speak ill of sodomy talk with a picture of the McPoyles...

I've felt the title needed changing 3 weeks ago. My OCD is killing me.

Ricker

You lucky bastards who never played this for whatever reason are in for a treat,especially now in 1080px60fps....personnaly I enjoyed the hell out of it and the DLC but I will probably rent it to take a look at the improved stuff but its not a 60 dollar purchase again....might get it when its like 30 down the line.

Top Bottom