• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has gone gold

Quotient

"Gold" in 2015 doesn't mean what it used to. There's probably going to be a hefty day one patch.

Unfortunately this post is accurate. Let's hope the patch isn't too large. It's nice they can fix an issue identified after pressing discs but it sucks to have to come home stick the disc in the console, only to then wait while a multi-gigabyte patch is downloaded, unpacked and installed.

SpaceHorror

satisfaction.gif

Wooo!

I have the PC (GOG) version courtesy of my recent GTX 960 purchase. But...I'm succumbing to the hype train just a tad more than I thought I would about wanting a physical copy now...in particular a Collector's Edition. It looks like the CE has been out of stock on Amazon & Best Buy for several months. Anyone in here have any info on whether there will be more available at some point? Usually CE's are a dime-a-dozen so it's never difficult to find one...is this one of those rare cases where they actually only produced a limited number? My conspiracy mind says retailers are simply saying "Out of Stock" to build false hype. But that doesn't actually seem likely.....

dedhead54

I never played the first two Witchers. I also have never been into RPG's much, and Skyrim is really the only action RPG I ever played (I put something like 70-80 hours in to it).

With that said, I will probably pick this up day 1. That most recently trailer sold me on the game completely. The world looks beautiful and the game just looks/sounds fun as hell to play. I am ready to have my free time consumed by a game like this!

has any game ever done a reverse-delay where they release the game earlier than intended?

rarely, but there have been times where a game is bumped a week or two.

these days, it makes less sense to do that as you could use the time between the game going gold and its release date to continue polishing and fixing your game so as to have a day one patch ready for the game.

I wish "going gold" meant what it meant 10 years ago, the team is most likely working overtime for a ridiculous day 1 patch if previous stories about this game's development are true.

void666

Banned
I hope CDprojekt delivers. But this game is too ambitious. I'm ready for disappointment
to a certain extent.

I'm still debating getting this digitally or physical disc. Especially since on PSN it is discounted and I won't incur sale tax.

Any reason not to go digital guys?

Top Bottom