• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There’s Nothing Xbox Can Do to Close Gap Between PS4, Says Pachter

ethomaz

Banned
Sorry, but this stuff is nothing like your original claim, and what Raist was responding to…

This all stemmed from this post, mentioning the fact that MS had squandered what little WW popularity the 360 did manage to achieve. You responded to that by saying that Bone was really only down in US and UK, and that was because of the price, and said, "Every other country sans UK, is exactly the same as it was before, just the numbers aren't as big as before mostly do to how the market was." So you're pretty clearly claiming that MS hadn't lost any share from the 360 outside of US/UK, and the only reason they're selling fewer units is because fewer consoles are being sold.

Raist said their share was actually down a lot, particularly in Germany and the Nordic countries, and you said, no, they're the same.

Now you're saying that what you meant by that was PS4 wasn't gaining on the Bone, which still hasn't fallen any further behind than 2:1. I've no idea how you confused "Bone isn't doing nearly as well as 360 did" with "PS4 is increasing its lead," but in any case, your rebuttal of this imagined claim is pretty weak, because it basically amounts to, "If you assume PS4 still isn't 2:1, they're keeping pace!" (
"currently ps4 35.9, xbox possible 18 mill at minimum. is that not less than 2-1?"
) That's kind of a silly assumption, but more to the point, it has zero to do with your claim that Bone isn't doing poorly compared to the 360, outside of US and UK, apart from shrinkage explained by the market contraction.
Even with evidences he will deny it.

It is obvious Xbone is doing way worst than 360 outside US and UK.

The only two places Xbone is tracking ahead 360 are US and UK.

vin-buc

Genuinely asking. Would it make a big impact? Like let's say would it move 2 million consoles? Isn't a big part of Minecraft's success based on the fact that it's widely available? I think even Microsoft realises this, which is why they just put out the Wii U version. I have a friend who is constantly saying how making Minecraft 2 exclusive to Windows phone and Xbox One would be great for both platforms. But I don't think many people are going to buy a console or switch platforms for Minecraft 2 (or any one game for that matter). Would they really find the investment profitable if they went this route?

What are everyone's thoughts on the subject?

That could potentially hurt Minecraft but I also don't see that benefitting Xbox's much - however it could be a good play for Windows/Surface. It's a 2 billion dollar gamble I'm not sure Msft is willing to make.

Minecraft is meant to be played on everything. I'm completely speculating here but I don't think a Minecraft 2 could live up to the success of its predecessor as Minecraft is the cultural phenomenon and it doesn't die out.

Top Bottom