• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft just fucked up Tetris (glitching, freezing, frame drops, tearing)

DC R1D3R

Banned
i swear if there was one giant game corp that fell by the wayside somehow, never to return with their outright and complte garbage 30fps games.....

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
17 page thread about Tetris. THE KING IS BACK

I like how the things EA did to "ruin tetris" seem mild compared to this.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The other guy in the video mentions them bringing over the game a month ago for preview and having the same issues.

Sad they still released it like that.

I hope the 'having too many friends' thing isn't going to be a recurring problem in games from now on. The situation greg finds himself is a pretty rare one, but people playing pes 2015 have had problems with stuttering online with way less friends.

Bulzeeb

image.php

I think this is the most quoted avatar I've seen on GAF

and it always makes me smile

A big part of it isn't the idea that there is a bug due to a large friends list, but it's the fact that it's tetris, a simple single player experience, somehow laden with the features that people don't want (uPlay, online, network features) that it manages to break a simple game. It highlights how bloated games are right now and it's the bloat that's making a simple game fail.

I don't necessarily think this is true, unless the solution is not buying anymore games.

Since there's no way to know if a game will be buggy or not before launch the only response from consumers would be to not buy games until after it's been determined if the game is unplayable or not. This should probably fall on game reviewers. However publishers have been pushing to delay those reviews more and more (even after a game's actual launch) and also giving more and more pre-order bonuses to entice you to buy blind.

I honestly don't know how it gets sorted out.

The consumer not buying the game at launch as pre orders/season passes are also becoming laughable and even difficult to fullfil?

Also, dunno if I will blame Sony for this one as, I rmemeber by some people commenting in Gaf, the game already had bad rap before realese (but dunno if was about technical issues or not being fun)

Choomp

Banned
Do we really care this much about this Tetris game? Or do we just want another reason to get mad at Ubi? Whatever, they probably deserve it

Kayant

Hey--

So I know it's totally crazy for me to sit here and say "We need to cut them some slack" because I'm the guy who made the video that started this whole thread, but I feel like we need to cut them some slack.

HEAR ME OUT!

Yeah, releasing a messed up game sucks, but 1) I'm a fringe case; the majority of people don't have 2k friends. 2) Everyone keeps yelling at Ubisoft, but they're just the publisher. SoMa Play made the game, and they're just a group of people.

Sure, Ubisoft should've said "We've had problems with games and lots of friends on the PSN before, so be careful," but I'm sure they said a million things that the devs needed to focus on.

I just had two of the SoMa Plays guys in my office studying my PS4 and its settings. I feel for them. They finally launch this game and want to celebrate it with the community, and there's this one problem that's related to one of the biggest voices talking about the game. Sucks.

And, I'm not saying "No biggie!" This sucks, but it's a product of where we're at, right? Clearly PlayStation needs to make EVERY debug default to 2,000 friends. Someone needs to be looking for this kinda stuff -- it's just that there are so many variables.

I dunno. I feel like we're all so cynical on the Internet. Yeah, they screwed up, but I screw up every day; it's just that my content's free so who cares. I don't feel like we should be flogging them for this one fringe case. If it was broken for EVERYONE or broken on something that's easy to test, I'd get it.

Keep in mind that Dead Nation on PS3 had a similar friends list bug at launch; they fixed it; and when it came to PS4, the original bug came, too.

NOW FLOG ME FOR NOT WANTING TO FLOG!

<3
Greg

Wait a minute Colin Moriarty said the exactly same performance/issues were happening 1-2 months earlier in a preview build. Where you connected then? Otherwise that doesn't seems to be to be the reason.

hesido

PS4 firmware 2.04 details leaked:

• Tetristability has been improved during the use of some system software features.

Man, I can just imagine Ubisoft's BS attempt to cover their own hides: "People seem to forget that Space Invaders had a very low frame rate in the first levels due to the number of enemies on screen! We wanted to recreate this feeling in Tetris. The gaming public clearly just wasn't ready for our revolutionary spin on this classic game."

So funny. I watched the IGN video and saw while the game was attempting to load the menus that the first picture that was up was the store page. No problems loading store pages hmm? I have Tetris Party Deluxe for the Wii, great game.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
this just reminds we didn't get that tetris puyo puyo combo game in the states....sad

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I think the market will sort these things out organically. I don't think it needs to be a legal issue.

But companies delivering faulty products is not a thing that's exclusive to video games and at some point governments stepped in to defend the consumer with minimum warranties and mandated refunds if stuff just breaks from regular use. There super is precedent for this kind of thing where the market has not just magically fixed itself.

Hey--

So I know it's totally crazy for me to sit here and say "We need to cut them some slack" because I'm the guy who made the video that started this whole thread, but I feel like we need to cut them some slack.

HEAR ME OUT!

In the video, Colin even says Ubi brought the game in a month ago and it was running like crap, but he figured they would have fixed it prior to releasing it. It's definitely Ubi's fault, although Sony does need to get the PSN issues sorted.

Also, I want to take the opportunity to say that I watched your make a wish podcast of Beyond the other day and you guys are really great, much respect.

Krejlooc

Banned
Almost looks like they used interns to make the game.

Pft thats an insult to interns. There are several people itt that produced legit versions of tetris on far weaker hardware when they were children. In fact, tetris is often on of the first games people try to make because it's so well understood.

This had to have been made by, like, monkeys or chimpanzees or some other kind of simian.

RE_Player

So those getting enraged surely must have over 2000 friends and bought Tetris, right?
I am adding friends left and right and want too max out my list eventually. Why should we let games pass for breaking under something the system allows? Would it still be ok too you if the same problems existed with 1000 friends? 500? 150?

What's more insulting is that I like to play Tetris on an arcade stick...

....and this game doesn't even have custom button layouts. What the hell is that? I want my £8 back.

I give Ubisoft a chance after the naff games they constantly release like Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy Military Game X and Far Cry but finally buying one of their games and it doesn't even load their logo correctly (and I'm on Xbox One). Ubisoft is a crap company for a reason.

What's more insulting is that I like to play Tetris on an arcade stick...

....and this game doesn't even have custom button layouts. What the hell is that? I want my £8 back.

I give Ubisoft a chance after the naff games they constantly release like Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy Military Game X and Far Cr but finally buying one of their games and it doesn't even load their logo correctly (and I'm on Xbox One). Ubisoft is a crap company for a reason.
The Tom Clancy games and recent far cry games have been great, so that's a bit harsh. Ubi make some fine stuff like rayman, they do make crap too though.

Sorry for the bump but I'm looking for something to play before the order on the weekend and thought I may pick tetris up to beat the gf.

Was put off by the many issues brought up over the internet. Does anyone know if the issues been have fixed on ps4?

ShyGuy

Sorry for the bump but I'm looking for something to play before the order on the weekend and thought I may pick tetris up to beat the gf.

Was put off by the many issues brought up over the internet. Does anyone know if the issues been have fixed on ps4?
It's on sale for PAL territories right now so I was looking at picking it up too.

The issues still aren't fixed, according to google...

Shaneus

Ah. I assumed this version of Tetris was playable on Vita, and figured there was no way I could play something like PPT on there. I guess I could with remote play, but it would probably feel weird.

Derpyduck

Banned
Ah. I assumed this version of Tetris was playable on Vita, and figured there was no way I could play something like PPT on there. I guess I could with remote play, but it would probably feel weird.

Which version? Puyo Puyo Tetris? It is on Vita.

KiraXD

Could you imagine real life stuff not working because of how many friends you had?

"Fuck my car wont start... better call Scott and tell him to fuck off."

ShadyJ

I have not bought a Ubisoft game since I paid 13 bucks for asscreed 3.

Won't ever again by the looks of things either.

Top Bottom