• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft just fucked up Tetris (glitching, freezing, frame drops, tearing)

Derpyduck

Banned
I bought this game over the weekend because I needed to hit 100 dollars on PSN to get 15 back, and I've always loved Tetris. I know some people frown on calling devs lazy or incompetent, but this game is the result of laziness and incompetence. What's worse is it appears Ubisoft is in charge of the Tetris franchise in the West now. I don't have a multitude of PSN friends, so the issues I'm seeing aren't caused by that. Immediately upon booting up the game, the sound goes to shit. It's louder by a huge margin than every other game (warning if you use headphones), and there's popping noises all the damn time in the menus and during gameplay. How has this not been fixed still?

But what's worse is the actual game. Why are my high scores not on the screen when I'm playing? Do these dolts not comprehend why a lot of people play Tetris? To better our scores and improve. I don't go out of my way to insult developers, but fuck you, Ubisoft. And judging by the main menu, they intend to sell new modes as DLC.

So just a warning to Tetris fans that may think to themselves, 'It's just Tetris, they couldn't screw that up.' to justify spending 10 dollars on this - don't do it.

quesalupa

I bought this game over the weekend because I needed to hit 100 dollars on PSN to get 15 back, and I've always loved Tetris. I know some people frown on calling devs lazy or incompetent, but this game is the result of laziness and incompetence. What's worse is it appears Ubisoft is in charge of the Tetris franchise in the West now. I don't have a multitude of PSN friends, so the issues I'm seeing aren't caused by that. Immediately upon booting up the game, the sound goes to shit. It's louder by a huge margin than every other game (warning if you use headphones), and there's popping noises all the damn time in the menus and during gameplay. How has this not been fixed still?

But what's worse is the actual game. Why are my high scores not on the screen when I'm playing? Do these dolts not comprehend why a lot of people play Tetris? To better our scores and improve. I don't go out of my way to insult developers, but fuck you, Ubisoft. And judging by the main menu, they intend to sell new modes as DLC.

So just a warning to Tetris fans that may think to themselves, 'It's just Tetris, they couldn't screw that up.' to justify spending 10 dollars on this - don't do it.
Thanks dude, I needed to hear that. Guess I'll save my money then. Stupid Ubi, I just want Tetris... these machines are like 2000x times more powerful than the one it originally came out on. HOW DO YOU MESS THAT UP?

Tizoc

Is this game still busted on PS4?

From what I gathered so far, it still is. Just play offline and you should be fine.

Or just get PP Tetris.

For that matter, if Ubi didn't bother to fix AC3, what makes one think they'll put that much effort into this game >_>;

Novocaine

Just re-downloaded and checked, yeah still broken. Even with a patch that's the same size as the fucking game.

God damn it Ubi.

ksdixon

I can't believe there is no private party system. Having to 'search' for friends, and not finding them, getting randoms in your games is infuriating.

Zubz

Banned
Also in here to recommend Puyo Puyo Tetris. It is totally worth it.

The fact that we have to import Puyo Puyo Tetris is really obnoxious, in my opinion. Like, it's a well-made Tetris, but Ubi has the publishing rights to Tetris here just so they could make this disgraceful quarter-effort and call it a day. Seriously, I'm in a PT situation with the 3DS port of the Game Boy Tetris thanks to them, so I'm more than a little bitter.

Negator

The fact that we have to import Puyo Puyo Tetris is really obnoxious, in my opinion. Like, it's a well-made Tetris, but Ubi has the publishing rights to Tetris here just so they could make this disgraceful quarter-effort and call it a day. Seriously, I'm in a PT situation with the 3DS port of the Game Boy Tetris thanks to them, so I'm more than a little bitter.

It's not a huge surprise that Ubisoft is shit and fucked up something as simple as Tetris. I'm just glad region free versions of Puyo Puyo Tetris exist, or I would be pretty damn bitter.

Let's be real here though, how likely was it that Sega would ever localize Puyo Puyo Tetris anyway?

hesido

Imaginary Ubisoft Executive: We should have the interns program Tetris for us. We'll save a lot of money, and people will buy it for the brand name anyway!

(apologies to actual programmers who did the programming. Better QA next time.)

Top Bottom