• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Xbox One S 500GB/1TB launch increase sales by 989%, PS4 Slim launch increase 22%

leeh

Interesting perspective. Most in the UK sales threads (including myself) are pegging Gears 4 to underperform, some significantly.

Let's see which one occurs and hope that you're right, for Coalition and MS.
Has Gears sold well historically?

Welfare

Damn, so close to +999% like the 360S and PS3 slim.

I wonder how well the S will do this holiday,

If only there was a comparison between the S and either launch week sales or just it being compared to the 360S.

LordRaptor

Given the UK market is small enough that a single retailer putting a game on deep discount is enough to cause software chart upsets, I have zero doubts that todays frankly insane PS4+FIFA17 for £150 nationwide deals at multiple retailers is going to make news in next weeks MCV

Interesting perspective. Most in the UK sales threads (including myself) are pegging Gears 4 to underperform, some significantly.

Let's see which one occurs and hope that you're right, for Coalition and MS.

I dont think Gears of War 4 will get anywhere near the sales of past titles. It'll sell a few million in the end, rake in a steady stream of revenue from microtransactions and do more than enough for another instalment.

But I think, internationally, it's no longer a six million+ seller.

Speaking of my little island in general, I think software sales have been pretty soft for some time now.

Guymelef

Damn, so close to +999% like the 360S and PS3 slim.

Not just PS4 slim, but PS4 really is selling slow for it to be down 66% from last year during Fifa week. No wonder there are deals going on. I wonder how well the S will do this holiday,

If only there was a comparison between the S and either launch week sales or just it being compared to the 360S.

We are on FIFA lauch week, This numbers are from past week.

ibsont think Sony were expecting big numbers from the slim. since it was announced with the pro. if anything the pro hurt slaes of the slim because why not wait the extra 8 weeks and get the pro.

lol.

Fifa + XBO S came out a week earlier than PS4. Also, the old Xbox has been out of stock for a while actually.

Stats for people who like em:

Biggest electronics shop in Belgium => Yesterday, we sold 234 copies of PS4 Fifa... And 7 copies for FIFA XBO.

Source: I work in it.

Thanks for your anecdotal account of what's happening in Belgium when this article is to do with UK sales.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wonder how well that Tesco deal did for £240 with Overwatch, FIFA 17 and FH3.

It made me buy one and I already had two XB1's.

Rellik

lol.

Fifa + XBO S came out a week earlier than PS4. Also, the old Xbox has been out of stock for a while actually.

Biggest electronics shop in Belgium => Yesterday, we sold 234 copies of PS4 Fifa... And 7 copies for FIFA XBO.

That's pretty standard in mainland Europe though. Xbox actually does decent here in the UK.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
FIFA-17-Xbox-One-S-Bundle.jpg
That explains the huge Reus in sales

KingBroly

Banned
How were sales of the PS4 Slim before it was officially announced? ;P

But I'm guessing that did have an impact on sales because there was no 'OMG I GOTTA GET IT NOW' factor with it on a larger scale

Bruno MB

PlayStation 4 being 66% year-on-year the week after the slim model was launched is very surprising, specially because I don't remember that week 38, 2015 had any interesting new bundle or heavy discounts.

I would love to have an update on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One LTD hardware data.

Busty

Banned
That's exactly what I'm referring to mate. MS are getting smashed across Europe and in Japan. But the battles in the UK and US are still well worth fighting, though I doubt they will probably ever get on top.

This generation is sewn up in terms of sales. Sony have won, but MS can still be successful.

No it wasn't.

You talked about MS managing to 'eke out a narrow win in the end'.

CCIE

Banned
I bought an Xbox One S a week ago, and promptly returned it after a couple of days. Not impressed at all. Interface is a complete mess, and I had bought is a 4K player. It doesn't do a very good job for anything other than a budget setup.

Too bad the PS4 doesn't have 4K player either. Guess I will have to buy a real one instead.

Welfare

PlayStation 4 being 66% year-on-year the week after the slim model was launched is very surprising, specially because I don't remember that week 38, 2015 had any interesting new bundle or heavy discounts.

I would love to have an update on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One LTD hardware data.

Isn't the comparison between Week 38 2016 and Week 39 2015? Week 39 was week ending September 26th, while week 38 would be week ending September 19th.

That would mean it is being compared to when Fifa 16 launched, so that would explain it being down so much. Week 38 2015 would be the Destiny TTK bundle launch, but I doubt sales were even that great during the week for a 66% drop to not be in the low X,000's.

If that is the case, we can expect at least 20k for 2015, but then that would mean the PS4 sold at least 6.8k last week, and only 5.6k 2 weeks ago.

2015 = 30k | 2016 = 10.2k | 2 weeks ago = 8.4k
2015 = 40k | 2016 = 13.6k | 2 weeks ago = 11.1k

Pretty low numbers. On the flip side though, for Xbox One it would look something like this (+76%)

2015 = 20k | 2016 = 35.2k
2015 = 30k | 2016 = 52.8k

jett

D-Member
That's impressive.

It doesn't really seem like the PS4 slim is a big seller. The Pro has been continually outselling it on Amazon US, I guess the tide will change back once that thing comes out.

novabolt

Good news to hear. This generation winner has already been decided but if XBOX can gain some footing, it would boost the brands awareness.

Small steps should be XBOX's objective at the moment.

Dredd97

That's impressive.

It doesn't really seem like the PS4 slim is a big seller. The Pro has been continually outselling it on Amazon US, I guess the tide will change back once that thing comes out.

the slim will only really come onto it's own after the old stock of OG PS4's have been sold.. then the sales will pick up (although the pro still represents better value for money)

Yes but that's in Belgium, not UK.

Belgium is U.K.?

I believe it but that's in continental Europe where Xbox is basically dead.

Have you... like... checked the tag in the thread title?

I know Belgium is not UK. I just mean that the old Xbox was basically not findable in any store (again in Belgium) for a couple of weeks before the new XBO S. Maybe it was the same in the UK.

Anyway...

The slim is a bland, uninspired product that seems like poor value compared to the Xbox One S and more importantly, the PS4 pro. Hard to understand who would pick a slim instead of a pro over $100. Not that the PRO doesn't have its own issues. If those sales are weak as well then Sony should start worrying.

Guymelef

The slim is a bland, uninspired product that seems like poor value compared to the Xbox One S and more importantly, the PS4 pro. Hard to understand who would pick a slim instead of a pro over $100. Not that the PRO doesn't have its own issues. If those sales are weak as well then Sony should start worrying.

The Age os Sony is done yada yada yada...

kikonawa

lol.

Damn

Pro is the big deal.

There is zero incentive to get Slim over it.
For people outside of neogaf they'll look at PS4 and Pro and ask

"does it play the same games?"

"Does it look substantially better on my five year old HDTV?"

"Why is it £200 more expensive?"

Then they'll get the old one because people are conscious of cost

Lucifon

I spoke to my local GAME store last week when picking up an S and asked about sales, he said their store hadn't sold one Slim yet but had sold a tonne of S'. I know a bunch of people who picked one up to play with their friends still on Xbox and that FIFA inclusion has been a big deal anecdotally.

BumRush

MS continuing to fight is incredibly good for the industry. It looks like they made a great console with the S and I'm hoping Scorpio is awesome as well.

I know Belgium is not UK. I just mean that the old Xbox was basically not findable in any store (again in Belgium) for a couple of weeks before the new XBO S. Maybe it was the same in the UK.

Anyway...

I'm not sure about retail but the og XBO is still in stock in Amazon. I can't imagine anyone buying that version though.

Trup1aya

The slim just isn't a compelling product when compared to the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One S.

One thing I find interesting is that there seemed to be a consensus that MS sent the Xbox One S out to die by announcing the Scorpio when they did. Seems like they've done right by the Xbox One S so far.

Also I'm beginning to wonder if there's Sony has started to hit market saturation. I imagine that many people that bought xb1s already have PS4s.

CrayToes

It'll be interesting to see how many PS4's have been sold in these £150 clearouts this week. Really glad the One S is doing well though. A competitive console market is good for all.

Top Bottom