• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Xbox One S 500GB/1TB launch increase sales by 989%, PS4 Slim launch increase 22%

Toni

Being 66% down YOY is not dominating anything.

And what is Sony doing that convinces you that they will continue to expand the gap? Even if you don't believe things are going to be aback and forth or that Microsoft might catch up a bit, I feel there is very little to make people confident that Sony will continue to expand the gap between the two, especially with Nintendo jumping back into the fray soon.

Its like we are back to 2013 and people still think Xbox is winning.

This holdays are going to be rough for a lot of people.

The out performance of the xbone at a lower price point shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

The ps4 has the market wrapped up already. Anyone that wanted one likely has one already. So much larger price drops will be needed to see ps4 sales ramp faster.

Kayant

ThoughtsOfSpeaking
but NotOfThinkingFirst
(Today, 08:16 PM)

Seems about right.

Why is it MCV like to give almost mostly percentages? Is it to not piss off Gfk or to make the content/headline more catchy?

Composer

Why does it upset people that Xbox might be selling more or PS4 might be selling more? It really makes no sense. Does everyone own stock in these companies? I must be missing out.

JP

Damn, it seems like bans are also up 989% since this thread hit. It's a bit like the aftermath of a shootout in a 70s western with dead bodies lying all over the bar floor.

Are you speaking of the UK or Worldwide?

UK. Worldwide is a done deal because Microsoft has little to no interest at this point.

See you next week.

Obviously I was talking past the fire sale.

Well I could say they're about to unleash a VR platform to the world or a new cheap and powerful console, but hey, that's just silly, Microsoft is doing so much for us gamers

VR is not going to be the game changer that people on this website thinks it will be. I would of thought the lacklustre launches of Viv, Rift and Gear VR would of tempered expectations by now. PSVR is the path to be another Pseye or Move, not Wii or Kinect.

How about the fact that the Xbox One S can't even beat the preorders of the PS4 Pro, a console that won't even be releasing for two more months, in either the US or the UK as of 4:30 pm EST Sept 29,2016.

Amazon US Top September Top 100
  • #4: PS4 $399.99 1TB PlayStation 4 Pro
  • #27: XB1 $299.99 500GB Xbox One S - Halo Collection Bundle
Amazon UK Top September Top 100
  • #7: PS4 £349.00 1TB PlayStation 4 Pro
  • #8: XB1 £249.00 500GB Xbox One S FIFA 17 Bundle
And this is in Microsoft's best territories. It only gets worse from there.

Preorders. So what? What happens after launch? What evidence do we have that the momentum can be kept going? And just FYI, the Xbox one S was also above the PS4 prior to launch, it's kinda how these things work.

Lots of posters upset the X1s is beasting the charts and dominating the PS4 with its lacklustre game library.

Come on people, it's okay if the X1s wins one week, the PS4 will still be win the generation. You don't have to worry, your console of choice will still win the generation, even if it is the weakest one on the market by the time the next generation rolls around...

Miles, let's not get wild here. The weakest console is still the Xbox one. Also there is no need to go full game FAQs, you are one of the more balanced Xbox fans on this board normally.

Over? It's only just beginning. The worldwide gap will continue to increase.

Not talking about worldwide gaps.

You showed him.

I don't care about showing anyone. If people are going to use my tag as a cheap rebuttal rather than actually engaging and actually explain why they think I'm wrong, I'm not going to treat them with any respect.

If you think what I'm saying is full of shit, explain yourself. If you are just going to point to my tag and stroke your todger, I'm going to consider you a prick and put you on my ignore list. Simples.

Side note. I cant stand it when people use "per cent" instead of "percent."

Like what, im supposed to believe there was a 989 per penny increase?

Kayant

Seems you are a prick. Ignore.
😭Okay.

Not that you will read it😣 but I said that because some of your posts have had quite a bit of hyperbole.
You showed him.

😀😜

I'd imagine that GFK sell that data, so they aren't going to publish it
True although iirc the milestones they have released in the past have been Gfk data obtained in the same way no?
Side note. I cant stand it when people use "per cent" instead of "percent."

Like what, im supposed to believe there was a 989 per penny increase?
😀 😀 😀

Lots of posters upset the X1s is beasting the charts and dominating the PS4 with its lacklustre game library.

Come on people, it's okay if the X1s wins one week, the PS4 will still be win the generation. You don't have to worry, your console of choice will still win the generation, even if it is the weakest one on the market by the time the next generation rolls around...

post-27952-sorry-Im-allergic-to-bullshit-wHSG.gif

Raylan

Banned

Please tell us more about the PS5 and the Xbox Two, holy man of the future.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
In Miles's fanboy dreams he isn't even right. Microsoft has abolished console generations. It's all fluid and shit. Wikipedia will remember the PS4 as the beast that it was and the p-wars will forever be remembered.

cakely

Sony has taken their foot off the gas, when they should of sank it into the floor. This is the result.

One estimate, for a period of one week, in one region. The age of Sony is done, etc.

Edit: Seems like I've got my old tag back. Besides how petty and vindictive it shows certain admin/mods are, I am glad the people who who were clearly missing masturbating furiously everytime I posted have once again got something to get their rocks off. *Yawn*

Nice tag.

This post is nothing but trash.

ViciousDS

Banned
Not like folks need a new PS4 console to do HDR gaming lol

Plus Microsoft has two great exclusives these next two months. Forza horizon 3 which is fucking amazing and then gears of war4 is launching soon

Wow this thread. Why can't people be happy that Microsoft is hopefully doing well and Sony continues to do well and this is great for the industry by letting the companies stay afloat and allow developers more places and resources to create the games that people enjoy?

Rellik

Wow this thread. Why can't people be happy that Microsoft is hopefully doing well and Sony continues to do well and this is great for the industry by letting the companies stay afloat and allow developers more places and resources to create the games that people enjoy?

Brand loyalty is a ridiculous thing that sadly also appears on here.

Wow Xbox was doing a lot worse than I ever could have imagined in the UK. Must be nice for them to see what it feels like to make any amount of sales that matter for the first time in 3 years.

PS4 sales this week should be pretty big with all stock clearing out.

Be interesting to see if we get any numbers from that. Those sales are crazy. Practically getting a PS4 for £99 3 years in. Unbelievable. I do wonder on how much stock there is but most retailers seem to be doing it so I assume a fair amount.

Although it will be hard biting on a PS4 Slim for £100 more after these are all gone.

Alebrije

Think Xbone S is a nice product and is good for the market that not only one brand dominates, but also think a lot of people are waiting for PRO instead of s slim PS4. PRO is just some weeks ahead and think will surppas any other console on sales this Christmast, not only in the UK but also USA.

people thinking Xbone will surpass PS4 is wrong , this is basically like a soccer match were your team is losing 5-0 and just because it scores 1 goal think a comeback will come. Specially if your team is Swansea.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Think Xbone S is a nice product and is good for the market that not only one brand dominates, but also think a lot of people are waiting for PRO instead of s slim PS4. PRO is just some weeks ahead and think will surppas any other console on sales this Christmast, not only in the UK but also USA.

people thinking Xbone will surpass PS4 is wrong , this is basically like a soccer match were your team is losing 5-0 and just because it scores 1 goal think a comeback will come. Specially if your team is Swansea.
You think PS4 Pro will outsell the PS4?

Rustled Jimmies: The Thread
You forgot the ✅

III-V

Microsoft made some very savvy moves with the X1S. Affordable pricing, perceived spec bump, and UHD player all add to the mainstream appeal. That and bundles/specials. MS making big moves.

Personally, I am waiting for Nov 10.

Top Bottom