• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter 4 hits PS4 on May 26th, $24.99: PS3 Stick Support Confirmed!

Jashobeam

The price is perfect but I hope the port turns out well since it's being handle by a studio that looks to have mainly a handlheld and mobile background...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yup, two times they've lost my sales on games I was otherwise excited for. Really bummed about it.

You could always import, assuming that the game gets a physical release in Japan. DMC4SE will and the import will offer full-English.

Kinda annoyed by this honestly. They go months without saying anything about this port and when they do it's supposedly digital only, no word of stick or pad support, and barely a months notice. I got sick of waiting, so I sold my PS3 stick off to a friend who wanted one for a while, but I'll still use a SFxT pad if I'm able to.

Hoping for a physical release in Japan at least though. Importing DMC4:SE, so I'd do the same for SF4. I hope Capcom/Sony (whoever decided SF4's marketing) realizes this practice is only driving people away. Will just keep playing my 360 version.

OSHAN

No physical release kinda sucks, but fighters are the one genre I do like having digital. I never trade them in, and it is a genre I may want to play at any time, for any amount of time, so having "always available" without having to get up between games is nice.

Still, options are nice.

I think the other reason for the lack of a physical release is the fact that it's a update of a 6 year old game that they know won't sell tons. Probably not worth the trouble in their opinion. This port is mainly for the hardcore because they've been the driving force behind the updates and DLC all these years. And they probably only number in the hundreds of thousands(the lower end of that range). So I don't think I can blame them too much for this.

Cotrip

I'm getting it for sure, that's a great price. And digital doesn't sound so bad, no more disc swaps like the PS3 times.

Chinbo37

only recently after the newest beta version release of steam. little to no stuttering if both players are using the beta version of steam.

hmm. I guess thats a nightmare? Can you connect direct with a beta steam user, how do you find them?

HardRojo

Digital only release? That's a bummer :( First DMC4 SE and now USF4. Oh well, I still need to get a PS4 stick so I might wait a bit, maybe they'll announce a physical release soon.
Hopefully...

Piccoro

25 bucks?
Next month?

NO INPUT LAG??

f26.jpg

BiggNife

Good price, good release date. I'm a little wary of the port job being handled by an external team but at least it's not High Voltage.

Also, for people looking into a relatively cheap PS4 stick: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00NHDSINS/

Ships to the US, if you use amazon as the seller (on the right hand side) it comes to 90 EUR shipped, which translates to $95. Much cheaper than the current Hori and Madcatz sticks, and lets you easily swap the stock buttons/stick for Sanwa/Seimitsu. I just bit the bullet on this earlier this week.

Neff

I'm not the biggest fan of the game, but the fixed lag sounds great. If it's 1080p and USB enabled, I'm in.

Piccoro

Good price, good release date. I'm a little wary of the port job being handled by an external team but at least it's not High Voltage.

I've been investigating the external team (Other Ocean Interactive), and they apparently handled the ports of Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the DS, MK Arcade Kollection and Symphony of the Night for Xbox Live.

24.99? SOLD
Digital only? PASS

I'm not going to spend a bunch of money this gen on digital content and then find out the next console generation can't play it.

Top Bottom