• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Stop trying to dismiss this mess. The game is FUCKED. PERIOD.

L-O-O-O-O-O-L

This is a godamn mess.

Which is worse. Someone dismissing it or someone like yourself who has been F5ing this thread for 2 days now with nonstop ire as if the game reached out and stabbed you?

It's not a catastrophe. It's a game. :/

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
How can you mess up a port? Serious question.

Is it really that hard to translate a last gen game to current?

Is it really that hard to port an ultra-precise, 60fps game that has several other versions for comparison so even millisecond discrepancies are highly salient? Probably.

Definitely, if you're a cut-rate dev house.

Xpliskin

screenshot_2015-05-285tqel.png

Godspeed everyone involved, lol at "some" though.

I'll be a jerk for once.

"Our coders are 100% responsible for the quality of this port but Sony and Capcom are to blame too"

Card Boy

Banned
I didn't buy this because I am 'voting with my wallet' and booted up Injustice. Man why did have to fuck this up :( Injustice doesn't fill the void.

AmyS

Yet, I'm still playing...

I'm playing, just casually RP on VITA

I mean I did spend 25 bucks on the game so might as well get something out of it.

p.s.

Many people don't realize how good Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition is on 3DS.
Dynamic View (isometric like) is great, and at least there's the option to play either in standard or dynamic view at 60fps with 3D off, or 30fps with 3D on.

You'll get screen tearing assuming you aren't using a gsync monitor. Which may or may not bother you, especially given that it's less noticeable in a fighting game than in many other genres, but it's definitely present if you're running full screen with vsync off.

Oh, interesting.

I don't have any screen tearing, my monitor is 60hz and the game is frame limited to 60

screenshot_2015-05-285tqel.png

Godspeed everyone involved, lol at "some" though.

So get the developers who botched it to try and fix it?

Even Konami had enough sense to do the patch for ZoE2 themselves. Sony/Capcom, what the fuck are you doing...OO clearly will never be able to fix this mess if they thought it was sufficient to be released in its current form.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where a developer who rivals High Voltage for sheer incompetence would appear...

vg260

I didn't buy this because I am 'voting with my wallet' and booted up Injustice. Man why did have to fuck this up :( Injustice doesn't fill the void.

I was bummed High Voltage never unlocked the frame rate on the intros/outros/supers in the Injustice PS4 port, but at least they did the bare minimum to make it work without issues (correct me if wrong), on a launch title no less. Crazy they probably did the better job relatively speaking.

I do wonder though from some of the recent stuff people have been posting if recent power/firmware settings are causing some of the more glaring issues with the Ultra port. You'd think a PS4 deb would be up to date with any tools/SDKs, but there was no AF implemented, so who knows. Doesn't excuse anything, but maybe a hardware/firmware conflict might be easier to flag down than a code one.

Jomjom

Banned
Sony does not fucking get it. You fire these fucks right now and if there's any money not paid yet, you withhold it because this piece of crap product constitutes a breach of contract. Don't have the guys who fucked up the game try to fix it! WTF?!?!

OO is definitely not charging extra to "fix" this and Sony's choice to go with them again is just another sign of their cheapness when it comes to this game.

Sony does not fucking get it. You fire these fucks right now and if there's any money not paid yet, you withhold it because this piece of crap product constitutes a breach of contract. Don't have the guys who fucked up the game try to fix it! WTF?!?!

OO is definitely not charging extra to "fix" this and Sony's choice to go with them again is just another sign of their cheapness when it comes to this game.

I think it's becoming pretty obvious where the bulk of the money for the SF deal went...Sony probably should have just focused on SF5 and left it there. Not sure why they felt the need to fund this as well, especially if they were looking to do it as cheaply as possible.

Nocturno999

I was testing the game on training stage in both PS4 and PC versions and the difference is night and day in favor of PC. It's odd because at first I was doing more combos playing online (maybe online has a lot of leniency?).
Anyways the PS4 version is absolutely awful and I can't even recommend it even to beginners. Although the online is not that bad.

This is depressing because they are probably going to start from scratch and I'm not sure if Sony is willing to fix this 100%

chronosic

So I was denied a refund again , this time by a supervisor who told me that it's my opinion that the game was broken. He also had no clue Sony was in charge of the development of this port. Kept saying it was Capcoms fault. This is ridiculous. Those who got refunds, how did you do it?

UberTag

Many people don't realize how good Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition is on 3DS.
Dynamic View (isometric like) is great, and at least there's the option to play either in standard or dynamic view at 60fps with 3D off, or 30fps with 3D on.
It's sad to think that there's a better version of Street Fighter IV on 3DS than on the PS4 right now but you're absolutely right on the money.

Jomjom

Banned
So I was denied a refund again , this time by a supervisor who told me that it's my opinion that the game was broken. He also had no clue Sony was in charge of the development of this port. Kept saying it was Capcoms fault. This is ridiculous. Those who got refunds, how did you do it?

You get angry and educate the supervisor. If he still doesn't relent, you ask to be transferred to his superior. If you do this enough they'll eventually give in because it's more expensive to keep answering your calls and emails than to just give you the refund.

I've even busted out the "I'll email you a copy of the small claims complaint against your company after this call to show you I'm serious about this".

They always give in.

Neff

45 pages? WTF, did not expect people to care so much about this port.

I think most of the disdain comes from the fact that it was proudly publicised as being an upgrade of every version of SFIV out there.

It is in fact a massive downgrade from every version of SFIV out there.

Jomjom

Banned
I think most of the disdain comes from the fact that it was proudly publicised as being an upgrade of every version of SFIV out there.

Well they pretty much flat out lied by bragging that it was the definitive edition and would have the same amount of lag as the 360 version when in fact it has 8 frames of input lag.

People purchased the game on those promises for certain. This game over perhaps any other game would experience this because that kind of precision is make or break for a hardcore player.

vg260

I was testing the game on training stage in both PS4 and PC versions and the difference is night and day in favor of PC. It's odd because at first I was doing more combos playing online (maybe online has a lot of leniency?).
Anyways the PS4 version is absolutely awful and I can't even recommend it even to beginners. Although the online is not that bad.

This is depressing because they are probably going to start from scratch and I'm not sure if Sony is willing to fix this 100%

I would rather they start from scratch with a new developer, honestly.

I understand, it is quote comical and the implications for EVO are probably also a big topic.

edit: 8 frames of lag, OMG

chronosic

You get angry and educate the supervisor. If he still doesn't relent, you ask to be transferred to his superior. If you do this enough they'll eventually give in because it's more expensive to keep answering your calls and emails than to just give you the refund.

I've even busted out the "I'll email you a copy of the small claims complaint against your company after this call to show you I'm serious about this".

They always give in.

Where do they get these jokers. So next time I call I should just straight up ask to the supervisors supervisor? The guy was such a dick
The lady before him was actually nice.

Ophelion

I think it's becoming pretty obvious where the bulk of the money for the SF deal went...Sony probably should have just focused on SF5 and left it there. Not sure why they felt the need to fund this as well, especially if they were looking to do it as cheaply as possible.

Maybe it was like one of the suits at Sony goes, "We need a dedicated fighting game to counter Killer Instinct."

Someone else says, "Well, we can get Street Fighter V..."

Big wig goes, "Perfect! When is it ready?"

Little guy on phone with Capcom says, "Not until 2016."

Big wig goes, "Hrmn. That's not soon enough. We need to put something together to fill the gap..." he snaps his fingers, "I've got it!"

And thus, a rushed port of Ultra was born.

Jomjom

Banned
Where do they get these jokers. So next time I call I should just straight up ask to the supervisors supervisor? The guy was such a dick

If you got the previous guy's name, let the first rep know that you've called in the past and note how many times you've called and how long you've taken with them already. Tell them you want any supervisor other than [guy's name] because he was rude and unhelpful.

Yeah I basically say "You obviously have no knowledge about any of the facts relating to this game, so escalate this to someone who can help me." If they refuse for some reason, I ask them for their name and tell them I'll be filing a formal complaint against him with corporate.

They are huge dicks, but depending on how badly you want the money or to send a message (for me it's the principle), as long as you persevere they'll relent.

Dai101

Banned

Probably an outsorced call center. They don't know jackshit since they only know what their handler and script tells them to do.

Talk again, and again and again always talk in a firm but polite tone. If necesary check for your local legislation regarding this type of issue.

Good luck (you'll need it)

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
So get the developers who botched it to try and fix it?

Even Konami had enough sense to do the patch for ZoE2 themselves. Sony/Capcom, what the fuck are you doing...OO clearly will never be able to fix this mess if they thought it was sufficient to be released in its current form.

I honestly never thought I'd see the day where a developer who rivals High Voltage for sheer incompetence would appear...

To be fair, KojiPro re-outsourced ZoE2 to Hexadrive for the grounds-up re-port. But then again, Hexadrive is Hexadrive.

Also KojiPro isn't... or at least wasn't... really "Konami" at the time :3

Jomjom

Banned

The reason I say they are huge dicks by the way is because they obviously have a channel to either 1) refund you directly or 2) send a request to whoever manages refunds for PSN purchases. I know this because I've had this done both ways fairly recently. Some reps are super stubborn and impolite while others will be really nice and not give you too much hassle about it.

Also the funny thing is almost every time I get someone (who's not outsourced) from Sony who calls me back and apologizes after the refund has gone through. Also, once you get your refund be careful and check any other purchases you've made in the day before, on, and after the day you bought SFIV. I've once had them accidentally delete my license for Rayman, which I bought a day earlier than the offending purchase.

It makes sense on paper. By making this the tournament standard for USF4, the FGC would have absolutely no compunction about SF5 next year. It would solidify the PS4 as the fighting game machine, no one would wait for a Super SF5 on Xbox One, and everyone would already have sticks for their PS4.

Most of that will probably still happen, but USF4 greased those wheels a bit.

specdot

Which is worse. Someone dismissing it or someone like yourself who has been F5ing this thread for 2 days now with nonstop ire as if the game reached out and stabbed you?

It's not a catastrophe. It's a game. :/
Guaranteed he doesn't own the game either along with many posting on here asking for Sony/Capcoms/Other Ocean's head.
I played it. And I can tell you that yes it feels off. I've been a Cammy player since vanilla and her bnb's are a little more challenging to pull off. In no way is it unplayable though, but at a tournament level, this kind of performance won't fly. It's truly unfortunate.

dugdug

Banned
Checking Other Ocean's previous tweets, they never mentioned Street Fighter, even on release day. They had to know it was fucked when they released it.

Elandyll

Banned

Imo the reason you don't fire them -yet- (and I'm sure there is some sort of bonus tied to sales/ critical reception), is that they know the (apparently poorly written code) and are "for now" the best placed to fix it with a large amount of help, without needing someone to go through unknown code and having to re-invent the wheel.

Basically, when you need to act fast (and boy does it seem like they need to right now), you need to rely on the people who know the tens of thousands existing lines of codes.

Time is ticking, and basically imo they have roughly two weeks (before E3 and all the press around it) for some major improvements, even though the launch was already botched.

I gotta admit, whether the bul of the blame lies on Sony, Capcom or (obviously) Other Ocean, you have to wonder who was in charge of Q&A: Sony, or Capcom (for whom this port was huge with EVO, regardless who was actually "banking" it)?

If it was Sony, between this and Driveclub, you have to wonder wth is happening there.

vg260

That update was pretty quick. Hopefully it's still fairly substantial.

That's just submission though. It probably still has to go through the process. No idea how long that could take, but hopefully they have a fire lit under them and being under Sony's umbrella they can expedite it.

Top Bottom