• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

foxbeldin

My brain right now

QWq3k6j.gif

Black out for me as well.

PSX demo taught me that their moment to moment mechanics are gonna be awesome and the E3 demo told me that their set-pieces are leagues ahead of the competition.

Not gonna be spoiled any further. Just MP footage for me from now on until the game hits. :)

For those of you that can't wait until July 1st, here's one simple paragraph to sum up the second half of the demo.

Added spoiler tags for the pansies that can't handle the truth.

Drake gets dragged in water, then mud, then goes all mad max hopping between cars & trucks while fist fighting. The truck he occupies crashes with him trapped underneath, the truck then ignites with his brother saving him at the last possible moment. The armored truck from earlier catches up with them in a spectacular chase with drake and his brother attempting to flee on a dirt bike with Nate riding on back unloading his machine gun on the truck (think uncharted 2). Right before they get hit the truck blows up in narrow escape. They then meet up at their hotel running into Elena that (surprise) is pissed at drake for deceiving her about his current whereabouts. The End

...wasn't that amazing?? @_@

Kinan

Not watching it, especially in shitty twitch quality. Pristine HD download version would break my spirit though.

ViciousDS

Banned
LOLed so hard at random explosions and cars falling down from sky . Michal Bay would be proud

Only Bollywood could deliver such amazing pieces. So much time can be wasted watching those action scenes.

But, I think I'm hitting media blackout on this one. I went into batman basically stone cold outside of the e3 ps reveal last year.....and it's been amazing. So it's time to do it with my favorite TPS franchise.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I still regret watching all the videos of Uncharted 3, wish I had gone into that plane section unspoiled.

Gonna stick to my guns this time and not watch anymore videos of UC4, I want the game and don't need to be sold it anymore :)

Shredderi

Like said above, the thing will be spoiled for me in gifs etc. so I might as well take the initiative to spoil myself on my terms.
I just wanna watch it

Was it worth it? :)

I'd say yes for a number of reasons. One of which is that I personally know that I would not be able to survive the level on a single playthrough and having to die and continue a number of times would have ruined the momentum of the level...sooo seeing it played perfectly in the scripted way Naughty Dog wanted us to see it was a treat in itself and allowed me to fully appreciate the level.

I hope that makes sense...

...did I mention it was a pretty nice shirt? :p

Yeah I promised myself I'd be on a media blackout after the E3 demo.

But I'll allow myself one more tease with some glorious Gamersyde quality
footage then go dark!

Surely Naughty Dog selected this set piece as it doesn't really ruin the whole
game right?

hesido

Seeing it on screen takes a lot of the "wow" effect you play it first hand. I'm already regretting watching it on E3.

KooopaKid

Banned
I'm watching everything! It's like...playing the game right now!
I get to experience the awesomeness two times instead of one!

Jigolo

I'll see it. I'd like to think that ND learned their lesson from U3's marketing.
All we've seen from this game is the PSX gameplay (which didn't show much of anything) and this E3 demo so not much. Unless their ads on TV spoil a ton of shit, they've been pretty good with this game (and TLoU)

Eggbok

I hope the first half of the demo is played differently so they can show you aren't limited to the same street every time you play that section.

I hope the first half of the demo is played differently so they can show you aren't limited to the same street every time you play that section.

It actually is! In the full demo vid Nate turns right at the roundabout instead of left through the stairs. It eventually leads back to the stairs but how they get the player to figure it out is really cleaver level design on Naughty Dog's part.

Jarmel

Banned
God damn it.

Edit:Wait is this the full E3 demo? I thought it was just going to be some behind the scenes nonsense.

Did ND spoil any big parts of TLOU in their promotional materials?

I'm just asking because this time, it's not the same directors as the first two Uncharted games. Actually, I don't know if that has any bearing.

Javin98

Banned
Not too long now! I'm so hyped for this extended demo! If the 2nd half of the demo is really as awesome as people make it out to be, then my mind will be blown. However, if we don't get a very high quality Gamersyde version again, I'll be fucking pissed.

Top Bottom