• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

Going straight into multiplayer. Might skip the single player entirely.

elena1rirxl.gif

wait...huuuhh ?????!!!

kikonawa

Seriously.. ND should've just released this as an online only game and we would've had this baby since last month.
You guys are crazy. Go play call of duty
Uncharted is all about the singleplayer. Its allready hard enough to find a decent singleplayer game nowedays

SomTervo

*nods in agreement*

I just want to look cool and make full use of all the mechanics and weapons the first time through. I'd much rather leave the cover hugging, optimal weapon combos, pro strats, and lots of deaths for when I know the maps and know what to expect. Because by that point I'm removed from the narrative and emotion of the script/set-pieces, and can play it as a more mechanic focused experience. Higher damage also slightly discourages the reckless abandon I enjoy in Uncharted.

So yes, #SAWFTboyz

What I found with the hardest difficulties on UC2 and TLoU was that you still got those moments of balls-to-the-wall reckless abandon - they happened slightly less but were infinitely more exciting and intense because you were genuinely on the cusp of death the entire time. The prerequisite ofc is that you have to know the mechanics, the level design, the enrmy AI, and your characters limits, really fucking well[/]. Like in deptg enough to know the best play in each situation and to stay on your toes.

Uncharted is all about the singleplayer. Its allready hard enough to find a decent singleplayer game nowedays
I love both SP and MP equally, but it doesn't make sense to play the MP first...

Too many spoilers, too few players (most people will be playing the SP for a couple of weeks at least), new mechanics that I need to experience in the SP first etc etc.

Tell that to the hand who's beaten the ND collection on Brutal and TLoU + Left Behind on Grounded!

The last encounter in Left Behind on Grounded remains the most challenging videogame experience I've ever had. Must have taken me 40+ tries.

And it was fun even up to the very last attempt. What a fucking game.

Though some encounters were straight up broken by Grounded's refusal to hand out ammo. In my case, the sniper section - which I ended up beating by hiding from a certain wave of hunters and ignoring everyone else as I sprinted straight towards the back of the map and up the sniper's house - and Ellie and David's stand against the Infected - which had me taking out half of the infected by running in circles around the elevator and one-hit-finishing infected grappling with David.

*nods in agreement*

I just want to look cool and make full use of all the mechanics and weapons the first time through. I'd much rather leave the cover hugging, optimal weapon combos, pro strats, and lots of deaths for when I know the maps and know what to expect. Because by that point I'm removed from the narrative and emotion of the script/set-pieces, and can play it as a more mechanic focused experience. Higher damage also slightly discourages the reckless abandon I enjoy in Uncharted.

So yes, #SAWFTboyz

See, normally I'd do the same as you, since the big change in previous Uncharteds was that Drake suddenly had the resilience of tissue paper made it so that certain encounters were unbearable (the blue room in UC1 and that one small bridge at the Monastery in UC2 spring to mind). But with bigger levels and better stealth, I'm confident that the magical mix of precision stealthing and crazy shooting shenanigans will be better encouraged (or maybe outright forced) by the higher difficulties.

I'm also willing to bet imaginary bucks that cover hugging won't be viable for a lot of encounters on Crushing.

What I found with the hardest difficulties on UC2 and TLoU was that you still got those moments of balls-to-the-wall reckless abandon - they happened slightly less but were infinitely more exciting and intense because you were genuinely on the cusp of death the entire time. The prerequisite ofc is that you have to know the mechanics, the level design, the enrmy AI, and your characters limits, really fucking well[/]. Like in deptg enough to know the best play in each situation and to stay on your toes.

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for.

Less than a month away from release and no fucking mention of a co-op mode, even if it's present I get the feeling it will be barebones as shit. Shame on you ND, cancelled my Amazon order and sticking to a rental. I'll buy it later if there is a solid co-op, I still think TLOU having no co-op, not even some kind of horde mode was beyond stupid.

Less than a month away from release and no fucking mention of a co-op mode, even if it's present I get the feeling it will be barebones as shit. Shame on you ND, cancelled my Amazon order and sticking to a rental. I'll buy it later if there is a solid co-op, I still think TLOU having no co-op, not even some kind of horde mode was beyond stupid.
Cancelled your pre-order and shame on ND because they haven't done a preview of coop and multiplayer a month out? Haha, okay.

Kaimu

Ok

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Seriously! Even single palyer games have these bullshit online features added in. And with the trend of Destiny and The Division, I see only RPGs remaining good singleplayer games (maybe not though. The Division is also kinda a RPG).
Let us have our few good singleplayer action games mate.

Uncharted not having co op would be weird since it's actually very popular; I sure as hell love it.

Getting the game, regardless.

Javin98

Banned
Guys, please tell me this is a joke post. With the earlier posts about skipping the SP, I seriously can't tell anymore.

Dismissing Uncharted MP (no, it's not tacked on) is equally as bad as dismissing the Campaign.

Do yourselves a favour and give it a try...

Skipping SP?! That's like playing the original Modern Warfare online MP without ever playing SP's "All ghillied up"! I mean, you could do something like that, but you'd miss the best part...

Dismissing Uncharted MP (no, it's not tacked on) is equally as bad as dismissing the Campaign.

Dismissing the MP is odd because it's so good, but your post makes no sense as Uncharted is, was (and always will?) be single player first and foremost. It's obviously where the vast majority of the budget goes to.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Skipping SP?! That's like playing the original Modern Warfare online MP without ever playing SP's "All ghillied up"! I mean, you could do something like that, but you'd miss the best part...

CoD has a campaign?

I've got the money and got it reserved ... but it's 7 frigin' days.

Only 6 days to go now.

Reminds me of that RE4 sniper reload. Man this game looks great. I have so much respect for Naughty Dog. Their games just feel and look like such quality work. Also Uncharted and The Last of Us are the only games my girlfriend likes to watch me play. So they're doing something right.

Yeah the sniper reload looks great :)

ND are among my top 3 favourite studios; I would probably place them right at the top.

AKyemeni

The MP is awesome but man the main draw to me is the fantastic SP.
The main draw for me is the MP because that's where I'll have the most fun and spend the most time in. I mean, that doesn't mean I won't play the SP, but it's not the priority for me on purchasing the game.

Shin-chan

Arne mentioned coop at the end of the stream. Also check out the bonus for the collectors editions which reference coop skins.

Alienous

If CO-OP returns it's quite possible it has spoilers for the campaign locations and encounters. They've alluded to it, but maybe they just don't want to get into detail with it.

Anyway you don't have to pre-order the game a month in advance. You could wait for reviews, or even wait until after release, and buy it then. Or rent it. Or whatever. Maybe it'll just be a low effort horde mode? Who knows, so the only option is to wait.

Pre-order extras include clothing that you can wear in co-op. So it's in there. And you really shouldn't worry about them cutting it close with details on multiplayer. They didn't even reveal TLoU's multiplayer until less than two weeks before its release. And that mode ended up being highly praised by gamers.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The Last of Us 2 will most probably feature realistic-life-like animations. I can't imagine it but I know ND will surprise us.

If only I had a copy of Ratchet and Clank; Brits have to wait for another week.

Don't torture yourself mate, play through your backlog.

You guys will be in for a treat. The game (R&C) is a masterpiece.

Yeah, I am definitely going to play through the backlog. Some good games sitting there. Fully in R&C at the moment.

I am buying this game for the Box-Art. I am not going to open it, no single player, no multiplayer, no co-op. Just sitting on the shelf looking pretty.

I like games. Oh and lamp, I like lamp too.

The only game releasing this year* that can possibly have more impressive animations is The Last Guardian.

Anyone that makes a joke about this will be found and arrested.

silva1991

Guys, please tell me this is a joke post. With the earlier posts about skipping the SP, I seriously can't tell anymore.

I sure hope so. SP is the strongest thing about UN games and without it I it wouldn't have been as popular

The only game releasing this year* that can possibly have more impressive animations is The Last Guardian.

Anyone that makes a joke about this will be found and arrested.

not the humen in that game, but yeah that creature is has the most impressive I've seen in a video game. Trico feels so real when he moves.

Ricky_R

I'm getting the game for Chloe. If I read impressions and she's not in it, I'll throw the game on the garbage and play Uncharted 2 instead.

Top Bottom