• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 preview thread. New footage/info

Kevin

Game looks incredible. I don't have a PS4 but damn I want one if nothing else for this game. Will buy this and a PS4K eventually. It's a shame that this is the last Uncharted game.

After seeing all this amazing animation, I started checking out other games to compare it too and I watched some of the Gears 4 MP footage today. I'm actually pretty surprised by how much the animations for Gears 4 haven't really changed much at all.

It's great to see ND aren't just happy to use stuff from old games and continue to push themselves but I guess that's one of the reasons they are one of the best developers in the business.

Thatsthejoke.gif :p

Git that amateur shite outta here ;)
unchartedleg27jp4p.gif

Killzone 2 hit-reactions are back baby.

24 days left noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

After seeing all this amazing animation, I started checking out other games to compare it too and I watched some of the Gears 4 MP footage today. I'm actually pretty surprised by how much the animations for Gears 4 haven't really changed much at all.

It's great to see ND aren't just happy to use stuff from old games and continue to push themselves but I guess that's one of the reasons they are one of the best developers in the business.
The difference there is that GeoW is in a different position. ND's previous game netted them dozens of accolades. Gears' last entry was a met with relatively lukewarm reception. Gears devs are probably in a tighter spot

Everything wrong with the gaming community.

Move over, GamerGate

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Advanced Warfare and BLOPS3 had fairly decent campaigns actually. Meatier, more complex, slightly more diverse, and with a bit more thought on characters and story.

I've literally never played a Call of Duty campaign, it's one of those games that's 100% multiplayer for me, I wish they did a cheaper version without zombies and SP.

I'm getting the game for Chloe. If I read impressions and she's not in it, I'll throw the game on the garbage and play Uncharted 2 instead.

I'm concerned how she'll ever factor in to this story.

But they're talking about seeing the series off well, it HAS to include her right?

We don't even know Sam, but she is actually has a cache in terms of the wider series.

Javin98

Banned
Just a heads up: The chapter titles have been leaked. I haven't seen them but I'm assuming there could be spoilers.
Trust me, it's nothing too spoilerish. Many of the locations are so vaguely named that they can even just be some ordinary location.

Also, I see some of us have started a countdown. Oh, well, I have The Witcher 3 to keep me preoccupied for several more days.

Trust me, it's nothing too spoilerish. Many of the locations are so vaguely named that they can even just be some ordinary location.

Also, I see some of us have started a countdown. Oh, well, I have The Witcher 3 to keep me preoccupied for several more days.

Are the locations hype inducing though?

Should I get hyped? I'm getting hyped.

Haha, I don't know, I'll just list two of the locations here in spoiler tags, see for yourself. What gets me hyped doesn't necessarily get you hyped. :p

Sully...
Dies

Seriously. You gonna spoil me like that. I expected locations but now I know of a character death.

Thanks for keeping it fairly unspoilery though, I think I'll stay out of the other thread just incase.

Javin98

Banned
Wow...those are vague haha.
Told you, so vague that it could pretty much be anywhere.

Seriously. You gonna spoil me like that. I expected locations but now I know of a character death.

Thanks for keeping if fairly unspoilery though, I think I'll stay out of the other thread just incase.
Character death from those vague locations? You're amazing to be able to deduce that, bruh. :p

I'm getting the game for Chloe. If I read impressions and she's not in it, I'll throw the game on the garbage and play Uncharted 2 instead.

Oh shit. I actually no joke dreamed last night that I saw a glimpse of a preview of Uncharted 4 and it was a scene with Chloe in it. Only now reading your comment do I realize I dreampt that haha

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Yeah, at first I was like, "why did I click this", but then I noticed it was not that bad, and it's ND, they are pretty good at masking things.

I have a few games to play in the meantime as well...

May 10th yet? Lol

Nothing related to the leaks. But I am definitely thinking that Nadine will end up on Nate's side... Or be on his side after the fist fight they have.

Everything they've released is painting her as the baddie so deliberately, I can't help but think it's being intentionally misleading: specifically the story trailer where she says "shame we're not on the same side". It could just be like Cutter all over again. He was the baddie in all the marketing for Uncharted 3, right?

I might be wrong, but that's why the leaks aren't harmful at all. Just because we think we know how something will go... Doesn't mean it'll go that way.

Javin98

Banned
Yeah, at first I was like, "why did I click this", but then I noticed it was not that bad, and it's ND, they are pretty good at masking things.

I have a few games to play in the meantime as well...

May 10th yet? Lol
Hey, remember that GIF of The Witcher 3 with the vampire asking the date? Ironically, both games were released in May, with one next month, of course. :p

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I post a warning so people don't spoil UC4 for themselves and then people start spoiling it. I've just read a comment on here in response to one of the chapters and if it turns out to be true I'm going to be pissed off.

Now I have to avoid another thread. Great.

I post a warning so people don't spoil UC4 for themselves and then people start spoiling it. I've just read a comment on here in response to one of the chapters and if it turns out to be true I'm going to be pissed off.

Now I have to avoid another thread. Great.

If you have to say " if it turns out to be true", then it's not a spoiler, and it's certainly not worth getting your panties in a twist over.

Spoiler hypersensitivity is one thing, but being sensitive to people speculating is just a waste of your energy.

I promise you can still enjoy the game, even if you DID know every story beat. Because seeing how it plays out is entirely different.

Alienous

Hey, how about not even vague spoilers, guys?

Just don't discuss them. Or discuss them in the appropriate threads. It's really easy to read behind the lines to understand what people are alluding to, and when multiple people do that they can combine to create really obvious spoilers. Even a reaction, a (and I haven't heard this regarding the Uncharted 4 leak) "I can't believe they do that", is something I consider to be a spoiler.

Don't even hint, please. Thanks.

Javin98

Banned
Calm down, guys, all I did was post two spoiler tagged locations from the other thread here. You don't get spoiled if you don't click on them. Also, I'm pretty sure Primethius was joking about the character death. It is next to impossible to deduce that from the locations I posted.

Alienous

Stahp.

There's a thread for it already. If people want information direct them there.

It isn't needed in other threads, and it's more likely to spoil people on the experience. And it's much easier to connect the dots than you would think, even when you don't directly expose yourself to spoilers, especially when people react and don't spoiler tag their reactions.

I don't want to know if there's some location in the game that has people flipping their shit. I don't want to know that there isn't.

There's a thread for it. Keep it in that thread.

My post was a joke. I just edited Javins post in a joking manner. Nothing in my post is the least bit spoilery unless I'm attuned with the natural forces of the universe right now.

DirtyLarry

Was able to score the Target exclusive Nathan Drake Funko POP! figure today at my trip to Target with my wife.

It was on the shelf in the gaming section so I thought nothing of it not being for sale, but when the guy at the register rang it up it said it could not be sold because it had a street date of May something. He looked at it, shrugged, and asked me if I was going to be returning it for any reason. I said definitely not so he said okay and just manually keyed it in as merchandise.
After purchasing it I immediately went back to see if they somehow had any games in the glass cabinets that had broken street date. LOL

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Was able to score the Target exclusive Nathan Drake Funko POP! figure today at my trip to Target with my wife.

It was on the shelf in the gaming section so I thought nothing of it not being for sale, but when the guy at the register rang it up it said it could not be sold because it had a street date of May something. He looked at it, shrugged, and asked me if I was going to be returning it for any reason. I said definitely not so he said okay and just manually keyed it in as merchandise.
After purchasing it I immediately went back to see if they somehow had any games in the glass cabinets that had broken street date. LOL

Thanks for the heads up.

You guys will be in for a treat. The game (R&C) is a masterpiece.

Yeah, I am definitely going to play through the backlog. Some good games sitting there. Fully in R&C at the moment.

I am delighted that it has turned out to be such a great addition to the Ratchet and Clank franchise :)

Hey, how about not even vague spoilers, guys?

Just don't discuss them. Or discuss them in the appropriate threads. It's really easy to read behind the lines to understand what people are alluding to, and when multiple people do that they can combine to create really obvious spoilers. Even a reaction, a (and I haven't heard this regarding the Uncharted 4 leak) "I can't believe they do that", is something I consider to be a spoiler.

Don't even hint, please. Thanks.

I appreciate there is a thread for it, and I've been entirely respectful of that in this thread.

But what is it about other people speculating, that could spoil your experience of Uncharted 4? How single faceted is your potential enjoyment of the game that people discussing possibilities is going to ruin it for you?

I am equally frustrated by your presence on a forum where discussion about games occurs as I am genuinely curious to how the most vague intimations of a list of nondescript locations could spoil you?

I know I am bothered by spoilers, but even if I was told the ending, I'd still be intrigued as to how that came about. And the game still has exploration, secrets, gameplay, performances and amazing production values.

I'd love to know how you feel these things will affect your enjoyment of the game?
And I'd love to know if you think you could still enjoy the game if you knew the ending?

Btw, I know I'm probably stating the obvious, but Primitheus never actually spoiled anything -- he jokingly added that Sully dies into Javin's post as if Javin spoiled it -- that was the joke because Javin never wrote that but rather wrote two locations that appear in the game (that you see in the trailers anyway).

Now if Sully does end up dying that would probably be just a coincidence
or Primitheus actually works for Naughty Dog

I know I am bothered by spoilers, but even if I was told the ending, I'd still be intrigued as to how that came about. And the game still has exploration, secrets, gameplay, performances and amazing production values.

1) not everyone feels that way about it
2) you don't get to decide that for other people
3) you can't undo a spoiler, and can only go into something without knowing what happens once

No matter your stance on it, ultimately, it boils down to "keep it in the spoiler threads."

"But playing the game is what matters mos-"

just keep it in the spoiler threads

"It's just as frustrating to hear people complain about spoi-"

ok. keep it in the spoiler threads

"all I'm doing is discussion vague aspects of the leaks, not-"

keep in the spoiler threads

Shin-chan

The main annoyance with spoilers for me even if they're vague or tagged is that it's like walking on egg shells trying to discuss something else in the same topic.

Even if it's just speculation, encouraging the discussion of leaked content just increases the risk that genuine spoilers will get posted.

Like the guy above me says, just keep it in the appropriate thread. It's hardly inconvenient to do so.

Speculation on the story outside of the context of locations, artwork etc is different though, obviously.

nib95

Banned
Watched the GDC talk. So awesome.

On a side note, really interesting that more enemies are added in Hard mode. I think that should do well to not only increase replayability, but make it more fun for those who think there's already too much gun fighting because the combat scenarios take them longer, those players can just play on Normal and have slightly less of it to worry about. Then for people like me who prefer more gunfights and greatly enjoy combat, the Harder modes give more of it.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
You guys are crazy. Go play call of duty
Uncharted is all about the singleplayer. Its allready hard enough to find a decent singleplayer game nowedays
Exactly. Those type of people are exactly what's wrong with the gaming industry these days.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I somehow doubt this will top UC2. Mega hype is a bad thing, calm it a bit to reduce chance of disappointment.
Naughty Dog manages to get better witch each game they make.Their last game TLOU is the most awarded SSM codified GOAT by a lot of people. Uncharted 2 won't be hard for Neil and Bruce to top, it's already looking to top it.

Top Bottom