• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted (PS4) announced, developed by protozoans and Druckmann's evil karma

He's possibly covering his characters's name on mocap suit.

BZtY7wBCAAACKKB.jpg

2111893-169_uncharted3_mocap_ot_102711.jpg

Just a thought on the plot. Potential spoilers for those wanting to experience first hand!!!!! We know from Uncharted 3 that Nathan Drake
isn't his real name
so maybe the guy doing the voice over in the new trailer could be the person
he stole the name off
15 years ago and left for dead. Now he's free/ confirmed alive and want's revenge... thought's GAF!?

Glad it doesn't take place in ancient times

537.gif

U4 in ancient times would be sweet even if its just a portion of it.. I wonder who the main villain is.. Probably someone who was never mentioned once in the trilogy.

Just a thought on the plot. Potential spoilers for those wanting to experience first hand!!!!! We know from Uncharted 3 that Nathan Drake
isn't his real name
so maybe the guy doing the voice over in the new trailer could be the person
he stole the name off
15 years ago and
left for dead. Now he's free/ confirmed alive
and want's revenge... thought's GAF!?

damn that's good.. I just hope this won't be like in U3 where we got a great villain but was underutilized throughout the game.

I hope they bring back Lazarevic and make the plot more personal. We didn't really see him die. He was immortal when Drake left him to those brutes, afterall.

The voice of the guy on the trailer is so badass. Sounds like a really pissed off "bad guy." I hope there are some epic locales in this game, and I'm hoping for a real trailer in the next few weeks here.

I think omitting Nathan Drake from this game or shifting focus away from him would be a tremendous creative mistake that many people would not be happy with. If they do that I would have preferred that they made a new IP instead.

SRTtoZ

Like I said in the other thread, there's no way they are making an Uncharted game without Drake and instead throwing you into a game where you platform and use a musket to shoot. Just ain't happening,...

MercuryLS

Banned
I really hope Uncharted PS4 takes some of the mechanics from TLOU (especially the much weightier shooting and melee combat).

As much as I like Uncharted, the series doesn't carry much weight when it comes to story. The characters are charming but lack depth, the story feels very light and unsubstantial. Here's hoping that graduate the gameplay, storytelling and acting for the new game. TLOU has raised the bar on what I expect from ND, Uncharted now has to meet those expectations.

WHAT? Being able to play as Francis Drake would have been really interesting. At least have a portion of the game where you can play as the original Drake.

Enixv3

Neo Member
I dont think it will be about Sir Francis Drake
i was looking at the teaser and i noticed something 23 seconds into it

Screen+Shot+2013-11-24+at+7.42.15+PM.png

It is a type of cryptogram style and i found out an actual privateer named Olivier Levasseur, also know as La Buse, used this type this style in his will were he said "Find my treasure, the one who may understand it!"
I tried to decode it using the assumed alphabet used in Olivier's cryptogram but i cant figure it out
250px-Alphabet_de_la_buse.jpg

also at the end of the teaser it shows the island of St. Mary, off the coast of Madagascar, circled. This is the same island in which Olivier Levasseur had set up a base around 1721 and began conducting raids of that base with a couple of other pirates

leadbelly

Banned
Uncharted Origins? Play as Drake's ancestor? Creeping up on Assassin's Creed territory if so..

I suppose playing as Sir Francis Drake would be possible, but it seems a number of people have missed part of the story in Uncharted 3.

Spoiler
Drake is not really Nathan's ancestor, he made it up

dr_rus

I suppose playing as Sir Francis Drake would be possible, but it seems a number of people have missed part of the story in Uncharted 3.

Spoiler
Drake is not really Nathan's ancestor, he made it up
Playing as someone in the past wouldn't be Uncharted. That's the main reason why it won't happen.

Rated-G

it seems they are still going for hand keyed facial animation

I doubt they were ever not going for it. Hand animated faces and hands have worked very well for them, producing (in my opinion) better results than mo capped stuff like Beyond. There's just enough exaggeration and caricature in ND faces to really sell the characters, and for the most part avoid any uncanny valley flubs. I really can't wait to see some footage!

Drencrom

It is a type of cryptogram style and i found out an actual privateer named Olivier Levasseur, also know as La Buse, used this type this style in his will were he said "Find my treasure, the one who may understand it!"
I tried to decode it using the assumed alphabet used in Olivier's cryptogram but i cant figure it out

also at the end of the teaser it shows the island of St. Mary, off the coast of Madagascar, circled. This is the same island in which Olivier Levasseur had set up a base around 1721 and began conducting raids of that base with a couple of other pirates

So yeah, i tried encrypting it, i got (upside down): BIOT OEQJTJT
and (sideways): GQMJVJV FIGV

I encrypted the text upside down and sideways because there are no /\ signs in that alphabet if you read the text as it's shown, but there is a V sign and a < sign etc. Pretty sure i'm either doing it wrong or the encryption alphabet isn't the correct one.

casmith07

Hoping for a more interactive cooperative game. 4-player cooperative puzzle solving and more with Nate, Sully, and the two ladies. In my veins.

So... Is this being made by Naughty Dog's Uncharted 2/Last of Us team, or the Uncharted 3 team?

Many of the people that worked on UC3, worked on TLoU but this will be the work of primarily the UC3 team directed by Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond (director/co-writers of UC3 and UC2)

The primary TLoU team is apparently working on a new IP as well as TLoU story DLC

So, what does it mean in English? lol, is that you nate?

andycapps

I'm surprised the teaser hasn't been figured out yet. Nathan Drake is probably the player in the game, but I wouldn't be shocked if there were some flashback sequences.

Thats some great shit right there.

Enixv3

Neo Member
I finally figured out the cipher using a Freemason cipher alphabet

cipher.gif

Decoded it says: memento mori
A Latin phrase meaning "remember that you will die" and serves as an artistic or symbolic reminder of the inevitability of death. This phrase is probably related to the skull seen at the end of the teaser

onanie

cipher.gif

A Latin phrase meaning "remember that you will die" and serves as an artistic or symbolic reminder of the inevitability of death. This phrase is probably related to the skull seen at the end of the teaser

There are some true Nathan Drakes here :)

DieH@rd

Banned

cipher.gif

Great job.

I would be very surprised if it comes out in 2014, generally they tease a game 2 years before launch. I am expecting a mid/end 2015 release.

No they don't. Uncharted 1 was announced at E3 2006 and released Oct 2007, Uncharted 2 was announced Dec 2008 and released Oct 2009, Uncharted 3 was announced Dec 2010 and released Nov 2011 and TLoU was announced Dec 2011 and released June 2013.

That's about a year, year and a half at most between announcement and release.

As much as I LOVED TLOU....I would almost rather see them do a new IP, as seeing Naughty Dog carry on Uncharted while at the same time continuing to explore new gameplay concepts, worlds, etc. would be fantastic.

It's just not feasible for them to constantly do this. Watch the TLOU documentary, the game was barely coming together as a game before it released. Constantly exploring new game concepts etc. would be awesome, but they're only going to do that every so often. It's just too risky to constantly reinvent the wheel.

They're surely not going to throw TLOU's world away after they spent 3.5 years to get it to work.

Drencrom

http://www.themasonictrowel.com/education/others_files/the_masonic_cipher/cipher.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RJWCNG-vJGU/UpKeTSFL6tI/AAAAAAAAAAM/9fBXFIoztns/s1600/Screen+Shot+2013-11-24+at+7.42.15+PM.png[IMG]

A Latin phrase meaning "remember that you will die" and serves as an artistic or symbolic reminder of the inevitability of death. This phrase is probably related to the skull seen at the end of the teaser[/QUOTE]

Well done!

dcx4610

I'll play the game regardless of what the story is since it's Naughty Dog, but please don't be another pirate game right after Assassin's Creed 4...

Top Bottom