• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNIQLO design competition (UTGP) 2017's theme is Nintendo

I don't really understand the confusion. You want to use a picture of Mario? Draw him yourself.

You want to use a picture of Mario you found on Google images? Nope.

jmizzal

Hmmm. I wonder if we may combine IP there? Like putting Kirby, Pokemon and Animal Crossing into one cloth? That would be more interesting.^_^

It says you cant lol, just killed one of my ideas

It says you can do as many as you like, so I will def do a few

Need that NX and a trip to Japan lol

Penguin

Bumparoo seems like the winning designs and others are out

http://www.uniqlo.com/jp/store/feature/uq/ut/utgp2017/

First
1704281100-utgp-award-item01.png

Second
1704281100-utgp-award-item02.png

Third
1704281100-utgp-award-item03.png

The Zelda shirt is kinda cool, a little busy though.

The Splatoon and Mario shirts are really disappointing to me. I find their designs incredibly unoriginal. 8 bit Mario has been used on everything already.

Dabanton

Absolutely horrible. UNIQLO used to do some very nice subtle and wearable designs for it's UTGP competition and their picture T shirt range it's gone to shit the last few years.

trixx

IYhdfyC.png

Contests like this are awful. You are pretty much asking people to work for free. There are two prizes, but they don't really say how many submissions will be turned into shirt that will be sold.

This is a huge company getting free work from people.

agreed it's bs, no royalties for the designs. Call up nintendo and make your own designers come up with gear.

The design winners look cool though.

Mario gets 9 shirts

Pokémon gets 5 shirts

Zelda, Animal Crossing and original Donkey Kong get 2.

Everybody else gets 1.

11 Men Only

5 Women Only

5 Kids Only

2 for All

1 Men and Kids

1 Men and Women

That Mario one is ugly as shit. That's such a bad shade of red to use for the entire shirt.

I bet they immediately passed on any Metroid shirt that was submitted.

Yoooo that third place Zelda shirt being kids only is sucks - it's really great...

That said, there are some great designs though I'm also bummed that the Animal Crossing cast one is also kids only as is the Pokéball one.

Might pick up a few when they start selling in the US.

Takat

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get anything, I thought mine had concept but I see they chose design over substance. So many patterns, and the Mario pattern is cool.

Top Bottom