• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition announces Saints Row Gat out of Hell (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360, $20, Jan 27, 2015)

Lijik

Watching the trailer I kind of hope they at least let you import your previous boss or something, it'd be weird to spend the past three games as a mohawked punk girl (or whoever your boss was) and then suddenly "We gotta rescue the boss - you know! This generic guy!" even if its just for a few cutscenes

Eusis

A better comparison would be Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Yeah, actually now that I saw the trailer. Mirror of Fate is a different genre even though (for better or worse) it adapted the 3D gameplay to a 2D plain, but this looks more like a way to riff off of existing assets in a fun way. And does look to actually be developed by another developer in this case.

I kinda wish they were porting up all the SR games rather than just the fourth, or at least the third and fourth together then 1 and 2 later.

This is almost absolutely what this is. New Vegas.

New Vegas is a unique situation that has few if any other comparisons within the gaming space. I'd liken this to DSII or something, especially if it turns out pretty good and arguably better than the prior games in its own way, though given the price tag I'm guessing it's more like something like CV Mirror of Fate or whatever.

I'd liken this to Blood Dragon and Freedom Cry personally. They seem to be more in line with what Volition are aiming for with this standalone.

antitrop

I generally find that open-world games don't respect the player's time and it just seems like the devs trying to shove their junk in everyone's face and say "LOOK HOW BIG OUR WORLD IS", so 50% the size of Steelport sounds like the greatest thing ever, to me.

Hello, decent pacing!

jin.gif

Jin is the man.

Catdaddy

So for PS4/X1 we get SR4 Re-Elected for $30 and then have to pay $20 for new DLC released on the same day. That's a new twist on the re-release train.

I'll buy the DLC at the very least

Fuck you Satan!

So for PS4/X1 we get SR4 Re-Elected for $30 and then have to pay $20 for new DLC released on the same day. That's a new twist on the re-release train.

I'll buy the DLC at the very least

I will get the Standalone DLC.

No need to buy SR4 again!

sunnz

Hell is said to be roughly 50 percent the size of Steelport

So its literally the smallest open world map to be made, considering steelport was very small anyway?

Ceebs

I wouldn't go that far. This is clearly a side-project to hold us over for whatever's next.

I think it is clear the series has found an audience and something to set it apart from other AAA open world games with the wacky nonsense and crazy tone. People who keep hoping the series reverts to it's more GTAish roots are just going to be continuously disappointed.

atomico

I loved Saints Row 3 and 4 but I kinda had enough with the franchise (or maybe with open world games altogether) for a while.

Hmm I see they opted for the Ubisoft approach on this game, nothing wrong with that. Will get it Day 1, love me some SR on next gen especially if it's something new and not a remaster.

Top Bottom