• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Volition announces Saints Row Gat out of Hell (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360, $20, Jan 27, 2015)

gatoutannounce1280.jpg

That's some pretty good art.

FloatOn

to be honest saints row games were kind of bloated anyway with all the repeating activities.

a smaller amount of them is fine.

Was really hoping for a reboot...
You know, with less penis jokes and more of the solid writing and awesome cutscenes that made SR2 so great

j-wood

So they are porting SR4 to the new consoles as well?

I'm really starting to get concerned over this. I get it for some older classics but...just think about all that's been announced within the past few months:

1. SR4
2. GTAV
3. Sleeping Dogs
4. The last of us
5. Resident Evil

Not counting Tomb Raider at the beginning of this year. Stop doing this developers. Put these resources to creating new experiences.

antitrop

I'm in for that price point.

I'm honestly getting kind of sick of buying $60 open world games. They feel so empty and lifeless, I'm really getting sick of the genre (except for GTA).

Lijik

on one hand: Yes! More Saints nonsense

on the other: No Boss? The customized character was actually one of my favorites.

Then again: More Kenzie

Yeah im kind of bummed out about that, but if i had to guess its probably to keep voice acting costs down

Everything else though, man sign me up

I'm really starting to get concerned over this. I get it for some older classics but...just think about all that's been announced within the past few months:

1. SR4
2. GTAV
3. Sleeping Dogs
4. The last of us
5. Resident Evil

Not counting Tomb Raider at the beginning of this year. Stop doing this developers. Put these resources to creating new experiences.

They are creating new experiences though.

From a recent SR4 LTTP thread
I don't play Saints Row so i don't know how exciting this could be for some of you but there is going to be another DLC in the vein of SR 4 but as a standalone thing coming soon. My most trusted mate was a ****** for it and he feels comfortable in me saying so.
Soothsayer!!!!

Remark

Banned
to be honest saints row games were kind of bloated anyway with all the repeating activities.

a smaller amount of them is fine.
TBH

Side missions in Saints Row games are pretty boring. A standalone game that gets straight to the point will be pretty good. Game looks fun as well, just watched the trailer.

Will defiantly pick up =)

I don't know, guys. I don't think I can do it anymore. It's just so ridiculous at this point. I'd rather have a next gen port of SR2.

LiK

dammit, was hoping for true current-gen greatness. i'll play it anyway if it gives them funding.

Eusis

This is almost absolutely what this is. New Vegas.
New Vegas is a unique situation that has few if any other comparisons within the gaming space. I'd liken this to DSII or something, especially if it turns out pretty good and arguably better than the prior games in its own way, though given the price tag I'm guessing it's more like something like CV Mirror of Fate or whatever.

hawk2025

1. SR4
2. GTAV
3. Sleeping Dogs
4. The last of us
5. Resident Evil

...you are in the thread where they just announced a new Saints Row that takes place in Hell, with weapons based on plagues, where you have demonic wings.

Lijik

New Vegas is a unique situation that has few if any other comparisons within the gaming space. I'd liken this to DSII or something, especially if it turns out pretty good and arguably better than the prior games in its own way, though given the price tag I'm guessing it's more like something like CV Mirror of Fate or whatever.

A better comparison would be Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

roytheone

Looks promising, but saints row has a long history of DLC that looks cool, but ends up disappointing. I will wait for reviews/impressions for this one.

hawk2025

All I know is that:

- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
- Call of Juarez Gunslinger
- Infamous First Light

have all convinced me that "tiny AAA" is an AWESOME, creative way to make games these days.

More of this. Bring on Saints Row.

Jabraham

Cross-gen standalone DLC is disappointing but the saints in hell sounds awesome and it can never be worse than 3.

Edit: Okay just saw that trailer. Goddammit i love Johnny Gat

Top Bottom