• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox’s E3 to Focus on Hardcore Gamers, Some News Coming in May and More

If it's a Bayonetta 2 moneyhat (= without the money, it wouldn't exist) ---> everything is alright.
If it's a Titanfall moneyhat (= paying the publisher so that he ignores a certain system) is bullshit. Better use the money to create a new IP / a new studio.

Might want to read this...

It also mentions that at a point later in development, Zampella and West sat down with Riccitiello to tell him that they didn't have enough manpower to develop for any consoles other than Xbone and, maybe, PC, and that Respawn was essentially out of money and the game would need to be delayed and that they'd cut single player. EA ended up having to find the funding for the project with a first party, and Microsoft were willing to put up the money to actually finish the game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803127

After you get around all the smoke screens and bs it call comes down to fanboy wars. OMG ITS NOT ON MY SYSTEM I DONT LIKE THAT @@%@ YOU.. Since MS does employ alot of money hatting (even though they have the best lineup for both consoles atm and more potential new IPs over Sony) they will still find ways to beat MS with the shit stick. like i stated before both companies need to step up my ps4 is collecting dust and i only play my xbone for titanfall

Lol stop making up bullshit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It depends on your definition of big, but nobody can say their conference wasn't jam packed with games. Revealing Dead Rising 3, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Below, D4, Killer Instinct, Black Tusk's now abandoned game, and Halo, with new looks at Forza 5 and Quantum Break, the first gameplay of Titanfall, Ryse and Crimson Dragon returning from hiatus, MGS5, Battlefield 4, The Witcher 3, and Minecraft shown on the multiplatform front, World of Tanks and Max and the Curse of Brotherhood for the 360, and Kinect Sports Rivals, Powerstar Golf, and Zoo Tycoon being announced shortly before and after the conference, they knocked my socks off and far exceeded my expectations.

My main concern about this year is - what do they show that they haven't already last year? From your list there are 8 games still not released on Xbox one (7 if you remove black tusk now). Do they retread and show the latest footage from quantum break etc, or start dipping into the 2016 portfolio to try and show is something new?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Xbox’s E3 to Focus on Hardcore Gamers

So a hour of kinect then and how wonderful it will be for the hardcore gamer.

Castef

Banned
One thing I'd REALLY love is: you show a game at e3? At the same time, a short demo appears on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

They did this some time ago with Too Human and it was nice. I know, i know, it is resource-consuming. Yet, that would be a perfect way to "make people feel like they're there".

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
If it's a Bayonetta 2 moneyhat (= without the money, it wouldn't exist) ---> everything is alright.
If it's a Titanfall moneyhat (= paying the publisher so that he ignores a certain system) is bullshit. Better use the money to create a new IP / a new studio.

Great post after it's been proven that microsoft saved Titanfall, and sony passed on it.

My main concern about this year is - what do they show that they haven't already last year? From your list there are 8 games still not released on Xbox one (7 if you remove black tusk now). Do they retread and show the latest footage from quantum break etc, or start dipping into the 2016 portfolio to try and show is something new?

They'll show some 2015 games, I wouldn't go as far as 2016, unless some are delayed at a later date. Out of the games announced last year, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, and Halo (although not necessarily Halo 5 that was teased in that video) are a lock for returning this year. Maybe we'll see another Project Spark trailer, but I'm not so sure, and Killer Instinct will probably get its 2nd season revealed (which is a new announcement in my book). Below and D4 will be at E3, but I don't think we'll see them at the conference.

Vico

Hmm, not sure Sunet Overdrive will be at E3 since it's getting it's full reveal this week.

Seems like it's just the EDGE preview this week (along with screenshots, of course).
The first real gameplay being at E3 wouldn't be surprising.

I can't remember him saying anything about the kinect in his recent interviews and one on ones. I want to believe that means something

Really like this new image Spencer is creating for the brand. That being said its good he knows its time for MS to make drastic moves this line in particular:

This year Microsoft will show “stuff we are committed to, from top studios, for this year and future.”

Makes me think they are rolling out as many presentable titles as feasibly possible and not holding anything back.

Great news if they have some impressive stuff.

derFeef

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Shenmue 3. Believe
plus the platinum game

Winter John

I really hope MS can bring it around. I remember when I bought the original Xbox. It was awesome. I loved that thing. I loved my PlayStation too, but the Xbox just had something about it. Then the 360 which was my main last gen console. They got so much right, (and a lot wrong) with that. For most of the last gen, my PS3 was barely used except for the exclusives.

I still cannot believe how badly MS screwed up the Xbox One. Before the reveal it was a sure bet that I would be buying one. No doubts. No questions. The 360 was awesome, the One would be too. Welp, I have never felt so deflated as I was after watching that reveal. Pissed off too. I mean, I was super pissed off that that was what MS came out with. That they actually believed that thing, that horrible horrible thing was what their customers wanted. It was a miserable betrayal.

So now I have a PS4 and I really like it so far. It's a good, capable machine that does what a console should do. In my heart though, I want the old MS back. The MS that made awesome games and awesome gaming machines.

Shenmue 3. Believe
plus the platinum game

The bigger news at this point would be MS persuading Sega to make Yakuza multi-platform and them helping to localise it in the US/EU/UK...

Shenmue's time has passed, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't jump if they announce a third entry with HD remasters of 1 & 2 available digitally....

Makes me think they are rolling out as many presentable titles as feasibly possible and not holding anything back.

I agree, although the length of the conference will probably be the main limiting factor. He already said previously that they'll be spreading their announcements out over the big conferences, so I expect some reveals left for Gamescom, TGS, and possibly some other events.

Yeah I guess is Mattrick who we have to thank for the crippled system we have now, can't help but think we'd have a much more capable system if Spencer had been put in charge 2 years ago and a Kinectless one at that!..........oh how the future could have been so different.

Thanks Mattrick you absolute twat!!!

That being said, this current 2nd place of the Xbone means they now have to bring their A game and can't sit back so maybe this works in our favour!?
Sorry but blaming only Mattrick is really unfair. He followed company policy on taking over the living room. It has been MS policy since the inception of Xbox. Spencer would have done the same thing. He has to follow his own company guidelines.

I like Spencer's image, but he's never been any different than he was as Head of MS Studios. Even back then, he's always been super chatty, portrays a heavy game-focused image, and tweets a lot of things that are highly positive, and games-focused.

The difference is well, we easily attribute all blame to Mattrick, and then elevate Spencer's image now.

I agree, although the length of the conference will probably be the main limiting factor. He already said previously that they'll be spreading their announcements out over the big conferences, so I expect some reveals left for Gamescom, TGS, and possibly some other events.

I hope so. Last year's Gamescom and TGS were pretty disappointing from MS's side.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
New traditional Banjo-Kazooie, please.

"Hardcore" better not mean 90% first-person shooters and a zombie game.

Well if time is factor they shouldnt do stupid stuff then. I believe in phil already but just in case, no cars on stage, no dancing, no kinect fluff, no 360, and mainly NO TV.

Neifirst

Great news to hear, especially on the Japanese development front. I hope there's more than the rumored Platinum-developed project.

Trevelyon

I can see them doing reasonably well, as far as a GAF-pleaser conference goes. Project Nagano, Crack 3, H2A, Quantum Breaker, Gears TNG tease(?) Halo 5, Horizon 2, new IP and whatever multis get unveiled or have trailers shown exclusively that year (Phanton Pain's trailer was absolutely the best thing they did last year)

Honestly I can't see them having a "bad" or even "average" show at this point.

Their messaging has been pretty good and on point since Spencer took the helm. Got a feeling they are going to back it up at this rate.

E3 hype - GO!

Asd202

Seems like my prediction of FF XV appearing at MS conference and not Sony's is closer to reality now. It really makes sense if you think about it, they want to show some Japanese games for people that are interested in them. Metal Gear already appeared last year so next big Japanese game to show is FFXV.

Lucreto

Last year he teased that the Xbox 360 will get E3 love with 'huge' Microsoft announcement.

It was World of Tanks

It was the only 360 announcement at the show. If you are going to hype something make sure it is something worth hyping about.

big_z

i just hope they show a bunch of new IP. this generation fucking sucks so far, 95% of it is ports of old indie games and sequels to mediocre or tired franchises from last gen. sonys line up is crap right now and Microsoft has an opportunity to impress. those billions of dollars they claim to be putting towards new IP better show its worth this E3. if they pull the same halo, fable, gears, forza cards out it will be an extremely boring showing.

If you are going to hype something make sure it is something worth hyping about.

Every company employee hypes their own product more than it deserves.

Pretty much why it's best to keep expectations tempered. If it weren't for the trademark reveals and Project Beast leak, Sony's E3 hype would had been average at best.

Dabanton

One thing MS needs to do this year is keep any big announcements away from MS Europe especially Spain,France and Italy and clumsy web programmers until after the show.

I'm amazed at how much of their stuff gets spoiled by that lot.

iMax

They said that Titanfall would have bombed if it wasn't for an exclusive deal?

Go buy 'The Final Hours of Titanfall' and see for yourself.

Respawn spoke to Sony - they decided to pass on the game but they wanted them to make a Vita game. They passed.

EA stopped giving them money for development and the game was about to be cancelled (mostly due to a few reboots, tech changes, and internal issues). Microsoft stepped in and funded the rest of Titanfall's development in exchange for 13-month exclusivity which eventually extended to the game's life.

I wonder what MFST nearly non existing first parties have in their sleeve for hardcore fans. Moneyhatting is off the table...

They do lots of work with developers they don't own (see Epic Games for Gears, Insomniac, Crytek, Remedy, Playground, Undead Labs), theres plenty of games they can get.

Sorry but blaming only Mattrick is really unfair. He followed company policy on taking over the living room. It has been MS policy since the inception of Xbox. Spencer would have done the same thing. He has to follow his own company guidelines.

That's nonsense...Mattrick was the driving force behind Xbox turning into a multi media set top box, it was his vision he sold to the MS board, that's why he got the job, no doubt ptiching how MS will double,treble revenues..etc,etc.

The people who sit on the board, for the most part, wouldn't have had a clue about the console games business, and would have been guided by those running the Xbox division.

This miserable gimped excuse for a console is Mattricks fault..end of story.

Cyborg

Will MS be stronger than last year? I think so....They screwed up last year, I think MS will put a great conference togheter.

Im more afraid that Sony will fck up after a great year. How can the top next year, I think a lot of us will be dissapointed in Sony's conference cause last years was amazing.

Top Bottom