• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Bringing it Home - TGS and X06 Style

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Bringing it Home - Day 3
The following content is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Items with a * are Japan only.

Trailers
Portal

Demo
Fusion Frenzy 2

Video
TGS Showfloor video 1
TGS Showfloor video Day 1*
GM Sensui Interview*
Xbox Live The Party #1*
Xbox Live The Party #2*
Xbox Live The Party #3*
Xbox Live The Party #4*
soooo - what's the excuse for the biggest, most anticipated and most important 360 games in Japan not having ANY content on Live, given that the entire purpose of the program is to get that content on Live?

tiong_fi

GhaleonEB said:
soooo - what's the excuse for the biggest, most anticipated and most important 360 games in Japan not having ANY content on Live, given that the entire purpose of the program is to get that content on Live?

To get people to go to TGS? Maybe they'll release the demos on Sunday or on Monday, when TGS is over.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
But Microsoft has a demo on TGS, right? (people are standing in long queues for playing). They are demos of Trusty Bell I believe, and not sure about Lost oddissey.

Lost Odyssey is the only game with a commercial demo, and that's not being released until October. Considering Sakaguchi was working on the sound the night before the presentation, something tells me they'll be tweaking the demo until then.

Blue Dragon was playable, but that doesn't mean there's a commercial demo ready for ramp up. It could be the whole game with just a certain section locked off.

I really don't get why people were expecting demos of these games after Sakaguchi's statements about working down to the wire on this stuff. I'm quite happy with having all three Valve trailers in Hi-Def. The Fusion Frenzy 2 demo was aight, but I wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for it.

Mojovonio

Banned
storybook77 said:
I honestly didn't expect a whole lot from TGS. Now when X06 happens, I expect lots of gaming goodness. :D

Don't expect much. I really doubt there will be anything really signifigant.

PhatSaqs

Banned
PleoMax said:
Everybody in the industry is saying that MS is basically saving all the big guns for Xo6.
Halo 3 = big guns basically.

Of course there will be GoW but i'm not expecting anything huge really.

PleoMax

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

Well, people were talking about announcements, like Halo IP spread, Rare games, maybe show Fable 2....

I really doubt that when people are all going "MS is saving the big guns for their own show next week at Xo6, because well...its their own show" they are merelly talking about Halo3.

Lets get real here....

BenjaminBirdie said:
Man, if Blue Dragon is a Pop Gun, I have no Earthly clue what they're sitting on.

(MARUMARO!)

But everybody already knew about that. We are talking about announcements.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
why are people still bitching? did i sleep through THE NEXT WEEK and miss X06 ENTIRELY? no? then stfu till then. THANKS

GhaleonEB

op_ivy said:
why are people still bitching? did i sleep through THE NEXT WEEK and miss X06 ENTIRELY? no? then stfu till then. THANKS
I'd just like some direct-feed of those awesome trailers up on Live.

the press release said:
Starting Wednesday, September 20, through Friday, September 29, connected gamers can access the best content from the Tokyo Game Show in Japan and X06 in Barcelona, Spain, including highlights from both press briefings, daily updates and behind the scenes videos from the show floors as well as the hottest playable game demos and videos in high definition.
My point is, we can't. The best content - the trailers from Trusty Bell, Lost Odyssey, Lost Planet, Blue Dragon, etc. - are not on Live. Maybe they will add them soon, and I hope so. But it's really weird that MS is waiting.

I fully expect X06 to blow the doors down, just with the known games that will be there. No doubt about it.

duckroll

Bringing it Home - Day 4

The following content is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Items with a * are available in Japan only.

Trailers
Vampire's Rain*
Forza 2 Customization

Theme
Forza 2 Theme $ (Premium)

Videos
TGS Showfloor video 1
TGS Showfloor video Day 2*
Game Creator Interview*
Xbox Live The Party #5*
Xbox Live The Party #6*
Xbox Live The Party #7*

OH WOW SO EXCITING!!?!??!?! :p

sangreal

duckroll said:
Bringing it Home - Day 4

The following content is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Items with a * are available in Japan only.

Trailers
Vampire's Rain*
Forza 2 Customization

Theme
Forza 2 Theme $ (Premium)

Videos
TGS Showfloor video 1
TGS Showfloor video Day 2*
Game Creator Interview*
Xbox Live The Party #5*
Xbox Live The Party #6*
Xbox Live The Party #7*

OH WOW SO EXCITING!!?!??!?! :p

an old cg Forza 2 trailer? wow, count me in!

GhaleonEB

tiong_fi said:
Major Nelson said:

Patience...good stuff coming next week.

September 23, 2006 2:08 AM [Direct Link]
well that means we shouldn'd expect anything good out of TGS, as far as Live goes.

:(

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
well that means we shouldn'd expect anything good out of TGS, as far as Live goes.

:(

Can I get my pitchfork out yet? It's been 4 days! :(

Oh and these lists are deceptive too! For example, the Showfloor video for day 1 STILL isn't up, so of course the day 2 one won't be up for ages! :lol

Sean

Banned
'Bringing it Home: TGS Style' has been absolute shit so far. BlimBlim/Xboxyde has done a far better job of bringing TGS home for us.

mikeGFG

Banned
Sunday's incredibly lame content, courtesy of Xbox.com:

Game Trailers
Straight from the show, check out these previews for the upcoming games Virtua Tennis 3, NBA Live 07, and NHL 2K7.

Tokyo Game Show Daily TGS Update Video

GameSpot is on the loose at the Tokyo Game Show, bringing you an up-close view of the action.

Sean said:
'Bringing it Home: TGS Style' has been absolute shit so far. BlimBlim/Xboxyde has done a far better job of bringing TGS home for us.

Amen.

pilonv1

Sean said:

In all fairness they are doing a good job of bringing home the feeling of being a 360 owner in Japan by releasing **** all.

jimbo

Banned
it's pretty obvious what they are doing. i realized it when i saw all the crap from last night. they don't want some of the games to be overshadowed because i know i wouldn't care to download fuzion frenzy if they had trailers of Blue Dragon and LO up and running.

so....saving the best for last?

duckroll

It is 10 AM in Japan now, on the 24th of September. About one and a half days after claiming that the TGS Report for Day 1 would be up soon, it is finally up.

Still missing: TGS Report for Day 2, Live The Party #4-6 (not that anyone WANTS it), Sensui interview.

Also the list at http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/live/BringItHome/list.htm has mysteriously been modified... for the worse. It now lists the HL2 Ep2, Team Fortress 2 and Portal trailers, but have removed the Forza 2 trailer, Full Auto trailer and TGS Arcade Montage videos that were previously listed. No new offerings have been added.

Bring it home has been a total and utter disappointment and cluster**** from Microsoft. Thanks for nothing guys. I'm glad to see MS is continuing to do what they've done best in the PC market - living the lie. :p

I agree, it's been pretty bad so far... I haven't even bothered to get anything off the marketplace yet. Guess we'll have to wait for X06 to see if anything changes.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
They're bringing jack squat home and it's god damned pathetic.

In MS' defense, they don't want to melt their servers like they did during E3, and they're obviously meting out the goodies a bit at a time. And I did like the Fuzion Frenzy demo and the Portal trailer looked pretty interesting. Not all bad, but definitely lacking. Bring the noise, MS.

GhaleonEB

Uncle Dukey said:
I agree, it's been pretty bad so far... I haven't even bothered to get anything off the marketplace yet. Guess we'll have to wait for X06 to see if anything changes.
We've had 30 items go up so far (or, supposed to have gone up). We're supposed to get over 100, so I'd assume a flood during X06. None of which excuses not having the Lost Planet trailer, or the LO, Blue Dragon, etc. trailers up. Seriously, WTF.

IAmNude

Banned
PhatSaqs said:

Halo 3 will not be there. I'd bet money on it. The Bungie update said Halo 2 pc will be there. Only 2 people from Bungie are going. They say expect the big juicy stuff on the weekly update next week......... that is, unless they're lying

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
We've had 30 items go up so far (or, supposed to have gone up). We're supposed to get over 100, so I'd assume a flood during X06. None of which excuses not having the Lost Planet trailer, or the LO, Blue Dragon, etc. trailers up. Seriously, WTF.

30 my pretty ass! I'm looking at a grand total 22 mother****ing items. It's Day 5 and we've gotten less than a quarter of what was promised? MS hates Japan I guess, so much for all that pretty talk about actually giving a shit! Yeah suck my cock too Peter Moore! :p

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
30 my pretty ass! I'm looking at a grand total 22 mother****ing items. It's Day 5 and we've gotten less than a quarter of what was promised? MS hates Japan I guess, so much for all that pretty talk about actually giving a shit! Yeah suck my cock too Peter Moore! :p
I said "supposed" to go up! People are bitching over at Major Nelson's site something fiece. :lol

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
I said "supposed" to go up! People are bitching over at Major Nelson's site something fiece. :lol

Man, that guy has a tough job ahead of him. I know most of the reps online are mostly dealing with the western divisions of MS, so their hands are tied, but man what a disappointmenthon for TGS. :(

There better be a Trusty Bell demo AND a Gears of War demo on marketplace during X06 to make up for this shit. :p

bloke

duckroll said:
MS hates Japan I guess, so much for all that pretty talk about actually giving a shit! Yeah suck my cock too Peter Moore! :p
Heh, but yeah I agree; this Bring It Home thing is complete debacle so far, especially for japanese users, pretty much everyone at 2ch's X360 threads was totally pissed about it for the last 3 days.
I mean 2 freaking demos (one being of the game noone in Japan will give two f*s about) and few old trailers? It's true there are not much X360 owners in Japan, but lying and treating them like sh* won't help things much.
I know not of this is fault of ms employees that are writing here, but maybe they can inform 'top guys' how incompetent was their japanese division in this case, and change things on better.

GhaleonEB

Stinkles said:
'

Everyone except Mojovino.
I understand that. My question is, why not put content up for what's been shown already? The trailers are out there, but we're all getting off screen footage. The best way to represent these games is get the stuff on Live direct-feed. It's not like I'm critical of holding cards close to the chest until X06. But already show trailers for already revealed games?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
I understand that. My question is, why not put content up for what's been shown already? The trailers are out there, but we're all getting off screen footage. The best way to represent these games is get the stuff on Live direct-feed. It's not like I'm critical of holding cards close to the chest until X06. But already show trailers for already revealed games?

All the people working on that stuff are swamped with the (bigger) X06 stuff, is my best guess. Hopefully they will play some catchup.

duckroll

The new spin:

Major Nelson said:
There is a lot of stuff happening...lot's of content flowing through so there is a LOT of moving pieces that need to be kept track of. That said, I agree...the teams need to get better at it.

Yeah, there are a LOT of moving pieces that need to be kept track of when it comes to just putting the same trailers MS showed at MS' conference of MS' games! YEAH!!!!! There was no problem doing it at E3, so yeah maybe there needs to be more people at MS Japan fired again. Obviously the last time wasn't enough! :p

Edit: Oh and because I love rubbing it in when someone is totally wrong about something. :D

How many of these demos and trailers have you downloaded on the PS3? Most of the stuff on the net right now is cam footage. you want shaky cam footage on XBLM?

Every single PS3 trailer is online now in direct-feed HD. Now, what do you have to say for yourself silly man? :p

Mojovonio

Banned
Stinkles said:
'

Everyone except Mojovino.

don't get me wrong, there are some things i would consider signifigant that have little to no chance of happening. I may be suprised, but its better than being dissapointed.

qcf x2

I understand dissapointment and frustration, but Microsoft has to "make up for this shit" ???

I thought this was a fan service by Microsoft, not something you pay for. It's free and it's 22 items more than the other consoles are offering online. I was looking forward to downloading a few demos from the show, but I'm not losing sleep because they aren't up.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I just assumed that they were waiting for X06 to release everything because by doing it now, it takes some of the steam out of X06 and secondly, nobody would give a flying **** about some of the games Microsoft will have at X06

Mojovonio

Banned
qcf x2 said:
I understand dissapointment and frustration, but Microsoft has to "make up for this shit" ???

I thought this was a fan service by Microsoft, not something you pay for. It's free and it's 22 items more than the other consoles are offering online. I was looking forward to downloading a few demos from the show, but I'm not losing sleep because they aren't up.

Me too. It'd be cool to play Blue Dragon, but whatever, I have Saint's Row to play.

duckroll

qcf x2 said:
I thought this was a fan service by Microsoft, not something you pay for.

I don't think you understand the logic behind it. It's not a "fan service" by some kind guys that love humanity. It's a marketing plan, with a certain promise that was made. When a company makes a pledge to "bring the best and latest from TGS, right to your home" it's a promise their making to their consumer.

The content may be free, but the consumers have already bought the console and are continuing to support them by buying games (at least they hope so) and hence this is an active user base. You do not promise shit you cannot deliver, and get a free pass by saying "oh but it's just free stuff... whoops!" because if you cannot be trusted with simple things like this, who is going to trust you with actual games? Or paying for Gold even? How do we know they can deliver on ANY promise if they start breaking them?

E3's Bring it Home was well implemented and successful. This is just a cluster****, and to write it off as "oh it's just fan service" is doing yourself a disservice as a customer. Some people seem to have forgotten that the consumer is still king, if the consumers choose to walk away, that's it.

Bring it Home was not something MS cooked up because they wanted to give their fans some service, just like free online play on Sony's network isn't something they're doing for FUN. These are free services they offer to attract users to their products by looking more attractive. When you fail to deliver on that, you deserve to get slammed. I'm sick of pacifist consumers, you can take your opinion and shove it up your own ass. :p

mikeGFG

Banned
Right now it's just a smattering of content like Fusion Frenzy and NBA2K7 Trailers. Instead of actually punctuating TGS with Japanese content, were getting Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey trailers during X06 which is just wacky.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
I love how entitled people think they are :lol :lol

Sound like little children who didn't get their way.

Do I wish they had more for content? Absolutely. I'll wait for x06 before I make any judgments

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
On this note, to a degree, with with duckroll. Sure Live is the only plae you can download content to a console right now, and sure it is, to an extent, all free for us, but "Bringing it Home" was a commitment, to a degree.

With that established, and while I do think it's a bit silly for TGS shown things to still not be up, I'm not quite at the angry mob stage, yet. MS has a few more days of this, to show some big guns. If I'm let down then, well we'll talk at that juncture.

GhaleonEB

Mike G.E.D. said:
Right now it's just a smattering of content like Fusion Frenzy and NBA2K7 Trailers. Instead of actually punctuating TGS with Japanese content, we're getting Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey trailers during X06 which is just wacky.
Honestly, I think that's a big assumption.

duckroll

SnakeXs said:
With that established, and while I do think it's a bit silly for TGS shown things to still not be up, I'm not quite at the angry mob stage, yet. MS has a few more days of this, to show some big guns. If I'm let down then, well we'll talk at that juncture.

This man is a true hero of NeoGAF! Everytime he posts, he fills me with hope and optimism!
Believe

Top Bottom